Game-Labs Forum
BrutishVulgarian

Little things you'd like to see

Just lost another frigate, my favorite one equipped with permanent upgrades, in battle (PvE).

--

Nothing unusual, you may think?

I would not whine, but it is happening because I get disconnected and 'client.exe' stopped working. I should not dare going into battle any more. Not because of the opponent, but because it sucks losing ships due to connectivity problems. Ships are too precious for that.

Lost an Indiaman first, then a Cerberus, a Heavy Rattlesnake, couple of days ago a freshly manufactured frigate with her fleet companion, a Mercury. And this noon the frigate I mentioned first. Sent a connection report at 13:16h GMT+1, afterwards, just in case someone at the studio wants to look.

Now all of this asks for player ships staying safe if the game notices connection got lost. Don't punish players for it by rendering their ships helpless to further damage and destruction.

Any chance we can get some more outpost slots?

Just end up having to re-do outposts every week or 2, sailing around in a basic cutter, wasting time doing nothing, not providing content to anyone.

can we get a rudder HP buf please? it breaking 3-5 times per battle really gets old..... just forced me to tack and got me killed lol

The mortar brig is almost impossible to use:

• The red aiming circle has been removed.  No indication of how steady the aim and dispersion will be.
  • The white dashed aiming circle is very faint and doesn't paint on land making it useless
  • The shot report shows hull hits yet sometimes its negligible damage...other times it takes down structure.  Are base rock hits registering as hull now?

The round forts also need to be tougher.  They are almost more a liablility for the defender as a buc can easily sail up to one and sink it.  The forts also seem to have a minimum range so they cant shoot close ships.

Fix the Perk points so that Fleet 1, 2, and 3 don't use all your points. Make Fleet 3 and Hold optimization cost the same points and scale it so both can't be used together, but otherwise you will still be able to equip 5 perks with either equipped.