Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

Folks are always posting screenshots of the combatants chart from a battle. You know, where it lists the players names, ships, ranks, and whether the were sunk, live, escaped, captured.

It sure would be nice if at the top of each of those columns it had the nation name. Especially since so many countries seem to have kontradmiral or some variation.

No biggie, but it would be nice.

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, LeBoiteux said:

Not a 'little thing I'd like to see' but a 'big one' that might be hard to code and needs a lot of tweaking : being able to put a lighter armament on a given ship than the max one as currently :

• making the BR vary
  • giving the ability to enter an lower-ranked battle mission
  • adding an armament customization
  • useful when/if you can't or don't want to buy or craft more of a given type of guns to complete a full armament 

For example : right now, HMS Cerberus carries 26 x 9-pdr. I'd like to be able to make her carry say 22 x 9-pdr or 26 x 6-pdr (= fewer guns and/or lesser caliber).

Reducing the armament for increasing the hold. :)

I sometimes read the term "adventurer" for this kind of ship, not really trader, nor war ship, nor privateer, but something like a high-speed merchant ship, for special purposes or for liaisons.

• 2 weeks later...

No unreasonable restrictions on battles, and literally no two ships should be exactly the same. If I keep fighting the same kinds of ships over and over again, I get bored. I could try to get into trading, but that's difficult to start up with all the pvp around the main trade ports. Open up the economy so everybody needs something, then whatever I have, I can make at least some money on. Pvp is good for building on what you know about your ships. Pve missions are great for trying new things, even if its an easy kill, I'll use that to learn all about how my ship handles and still get something out of it. As long as I can get something out of this game, I'll keep coming back.

I'm wondering at this point in time, no more outlaw battles, so how about adding for everyone a duel and/or skirmish feature?

It could be used for tournaments, fight practice and to test the ships/setups.

Just an idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

apparently it's already in the game and will be enabled soon. 

I think that post was referring to the outlaw feature that is still in game and admin will just enable it for the tournament only. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some little things that could be addressed and would make the game-experience better:

- Travel XP should be added to Ship XP so traders can get Ship Knowledge
- Halve the maintenance costs for ports to make them at least somewhat profitable
- Increase the Crew on the Pirate Frigate by 10-15%
- Give option for "one-gun-salute" (space bar) in the Open World (time-out 15 minutes)
- Show Clan-settings in "Shop" screen (or on Map) in a Port (% discount on labor hours, % extra production, % tax)
- Show allowed ship-classes for PortBattle on Map
- Fix the Ranks-bug in the Clan window (ranks are improperly displayed)

Edited by Guenwhyvar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Guenwhyvar said:

Some little things that could be addressed and would make the game-experience better:

- Travel XP should be added to Ship XP so traders can get Ship Knowledge
- Halve the maintenance costs for ports to make them at least somewhat profitable
- Increase the Crew on the Pirate Frigate by 10-15%
- Give option for "one-gun-salute" (space bar) in the Open World (time-out 15 minutes)
- Show Clan-settings in "Shop" screen (or on Map) in a Port (% discount on labor hours, % extra production, % tax)
- Fix the Ranks-bug in the Clan window (ranks are improperly displayed)

EXCELLENT IDEA 

oeps caps

Edited by Thonys

6 hours ago, Guenwhyvar said:

If the port says Shallow Water Port, it’s 6th rare and smaller. If it does not say this, it is 5th and larger plus the mortar brig.

BUT, it would be nice since we now face an AI fleet to raise hostility to know in advance what class of ships those AI will be in.

• Like 1

It would be great to see more realistic things:

-Your crew get experience, sailing, fighting and surviving. 

-A bit of Maintenance cost of ships and crew. So you would have to be doing things always if you want to have all ships and crew ok. 

- You can be demote from your rank because you dont get pvp marks. If you want to be again "Jefe de Escuadra" you have to make some dangerous missions for your faction.   

-You have to get gunpowder, balls, chains, grape, which are limited and their weight is important on ships. 

-You have to get food for your crew for long travels. 

-Ships damaged by storms. Just a bit. Not sinking them.

- Your level (jefe de escuadra...) depends on your activity. Otherwise you get to the top and get bored. 

-Ports need food, resources, gunpowder, soldiers, repairs and guns for forts. So after an attack you have to rebuild them. If a city is low of soldiers or gunpowder can be attacked more easily. That is why a single player can be damaging a port with: 

-Missions of attacking one fort or  transporting soldiers to enemy area. Or transporting repairs and soldiers toone of your ports. 

-Convoys that had to be protected. If you loose your merchants your cities suffer in their economy. These events (convoys) make very important to kill corsairs and defend merchants. 

- You can name your ship and paint them so there will be "famous ships" that had been in hands of different captains of different countries. 

- Players, clans and faction is envolved in a war so they have to protect their cities, economy, structures, defenses, people, farms. 

-Misions to attack all these cities, structures, farms... that one player can do by himself and get prestige. 

- Events: rebels, famine, illness, so the navy have to help bringing food, medicines or troops.

-Rebelions can be organized in enemy territory transporting spies, guns, soldiers, money. 

-I would like to see Portugal in game. Because is more historical to see a portuguese flag in Caribe area than a polish or prussian one.  

-Your crew get sick if they travel a lot of days. A % of it, not much. 

- With an small ship you cannot kill 1000 crew of a huge ship just shooting by the stern. It is absurd. Grape cannot get through the whole ship. May be just one row of guns can be damaged because of highness difference. A ship with 1 meter high cannot shoot to 12 m high with grape. it is not real. 

-Balls make more damaged on crew. 

-Good doctors are important. 

-If you have marines, you shoot with your muskets to others ships crewmen when they get close. 

- You cannot repair crew from your ports if you are in the middle of the sea. 

- To repair cities you need to bring wood, stone... engineers, and pioneers. 

In general, just make this game more realistic and make players be part of this scenario. If you play everyday and help your nation it can be stronger. Not just missions, trade, pvp and port battles. Maintenance, supplies, and resources are important for cities. Not everyone can have a Santissima. Only some good captains with enough prestige. Prestige can be lost aswell of course. It will make the experience of naval action more real, not an arcade game, you will be part of war in 18th century. Many thanks.   

• Like 1

Dear Devs, dear swedish fellows and beloved enemies

Christmas is coming and I will post my wishlist. Maybe some of them come true.

• Ammounition:
    I think it would be a nice feature to load the cannon decks with different ammunition.
    It could be realized by locking decks with F1-F4. If all decks are unlocked, the ammunition that will be loaded is the same on all decks. If the player locks a deck, it will not be reloaded. This allows the player to (re-)load deckwise and to use the canons with different ammunition. For example: You can use in the low caliber canons on the wheater deck "grape" and penetrate with balls in the heavier sized cannons of the middle or bottom decks.
  • Fire:
    Fire on a sailship was in history fatal. In Naval Action fire has a very weak impact, except of using a fireship as bomb. Fire should have more effects on sails, hull and structrue of the burning ship. Firefighters could be increased by crew transfers from cannons or sailing. 
  • Shallows and reefs damage:
    If a ship runs aground there is (nearly) no hull damage. I think the damage level should depend by the speed of the ship and by the hump. A reef should cause leaks, shallows should damage the structur
  • Escape by destroying load:
    It's possible to destroy load in open world, it should also be possible to do this in battle. Sometimes the only chance for traders is to escape the attacker(s). Fighting is no option in some cases, so you can only stay alive by escaping. It should be possible to destroy also in battle the load and the cannons of a ship to get quicker. This can balance the saildamage of the follower. Everyone can decide by his own, risk the whole ship or destroy your load and loose money.
  • Fleet ships:
    Allow a player to chose the ammunition of a fleet ship and let us order the escapecourse and the attackcourse of a fleet ship. Therefore players can use the battlemap, if they don't want to do this by there own, the AI can work like it's current.

Finaly - I think the devs do a great job with this game. Not every patch fits for each player, but after more than a thousand hours playing this game, it's a pleasure for me. It's like a virtual pub, talking on TS with my mates and fellows and having fun in playing.

There's one poor work: I have to draw my beer by myself ;-)

Sincerely yours

HamBlower

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HamBlower said:

Dear Devs, dear swedish fellows and beloved enemies

Christmas is coming and I will post my wishlist. Maybe some of them come true.

• Ammounition:
    I think it would be a nice feature to load the cannon decks with different ammunition.
    It could be realized by locking decks with F1-F4. If all decks are unlocked, the ammunition that will be loaded is the same on all decks. If the player locks a deck, it will not be reloaded. This allows the player to (re-)load deckwise and to use the canons with different ammunition. For example: You can use in the low caliber canons on the wheater deck "grape" and penetrate with balls in the heavier sized cannons of the middle or bottom decks.
  • Fire:
    Fire on a sailship was in history fatal. In Naval Action fire has a very weak impact, except of using a fireship as bomb. Fire should have more effects on sails, hull and structrue of the burning ship. Firefighters could be increased by crew transfers from cannons or sailing. 
  • Shallows and reefs damage:
    If a ship runs aground there is (nearly) no hull damage. I think the damage level should depend by the speed of the ship and by the hump. A reef should cause leaks, shallows should damage the structur
  • Escape by destroying load:
    It's possible to destroy load in open world, it should also be possible to do this in battle. Sometimes the only chance for traders is to escape the attacker(s). Fighting is no option in some cases, so you can only stay alive by escaping. It should be possible to destroy also in battle the load and the cannons of a ship to get quicker. This can balance the saildamage of the follower. Everyone can decide by his own, risk the whole ship or destroy your load and loose money.
  • Fleet ships:
    Allow a player to chose the ammunition of a fleet ship and let us order the escapecourse and the attackcourse of a fleet ship. Therefore players can use the battlemap, if they don't want to do this by there own, the AI can work like it's current.

Finaly - I think the devs do a great job with this game. Not every patch fits for each player, but after more than a thousand hours playing this game, it's a pleasure for me. It's like a virtual pub, talking on TS with my mates and fellows and having fun in playing.

There's one poor work: I have to draw my beer by myself ;-)

Sincerely yours

HamBlower

Good list. 

• 3 weeks later...

PvE missions are great, pvp is fun, enemy players jumping in on PvE missions ruins both.

Why? Because the other player becomes a human ally of the AI, which means they can sit in the middle of a fleet of otherwise hostile ships with immunity.

The fix? AI in missions targets all human players, regardless of nation or  affiliation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BPHick said:

PvE missions are great, pvp is fun, enemy players jumping in on PvE missions ruins both.

Why? Because the other player becomes a human ally of the AI, which means they can sit in the middle of a fleet of otherwise hostile ships with immunity.

The fix? AI in missions targets all human players, regardless of nation or  affiliation.

pve missions inside safezones close instantly - No way of getting jumped in those

Please no agressive AI - it's just tedious, you'll escape them anyway in battle, waste of time

all ammunition and powder should be limited.

In port, the ships has additional slots for arming and carpenter/bosun stores (repairs). You add powder, shot, rum, and rig and hull repairs in a configuration of your choosing limited only by your vessel's total weight capacity.

This would do a few things:

a) double shot/double charge limited by available munitions and nothing else (so potentially more of each than current)

b )No more unlimited chain shot or round shot. This would also mean no more unlimited repairs. This make engagements much more deliberate, requiring an increase in skill, and making it so a skilled captain who could outlast his enemy's ammunition might still escape.

c) reduce the effectiveness/availability of aiming buffs. Cannons just get too accurate and turn in to 400m range 30lb sniper rifles. This is unrealistic and reduces the enjoyment factor tremendously.

• Like 1