Game-Labs Forum
Comeonche

What european players are supposed to do to take back a port with attack window [3.00-6.00]

2 minutes ago, Odol said:

So let me get this straight.

You only want them to set battle timers for 3 hours a day, from 2100-0000GMT which is 1600-1900EST/1200-1500PST.

Why not set the timer from 1800-0600GMT this way you have 12 hours of port battles that suits most everyone?   This will cover the PST and EST, and GMT.

Because that would Include 4:00 in the Morning for roughly 60-70% of the Players in this Game which is Simply not an Acceptable Time.

3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Because that would Include 4:00 in the Morning for roughly 60-70% of the Players in this Game which is Simply not an Acceptable Time.

So it's ok for us to have to play during the day on your terms, while we're at work, but it's not ok for you to play during 40% of the server's prime time when you're most likely at home and can actually stay up or get up early without affecting your livelihood?  <Sheds zero tears for your plight and naiveté.>

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Hey @Sunleader you got a point its harder to play at 4AM than at 1PM but there is no reason to discuss it anymore because it wont be changed anytime soon (or ever) 

LOL, only for people who don't have day jobs.  4AM is ideal for me. 

Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

And point proven.  Thank you sir.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Hey @Sunleader you got a point its harder to play at 4AM than at 1PM but there is no reason to discuss it anymore because it wont be changed anytime soon (or ever) 

Well. After they Removed Safezones and it took em about 6 Months and roughly 60% of the Playerbase before they Finally Realized that it was Bullcrab and put some Safezones back in.

So I agree that its likely going to take em another 6 Months and likely 30-50% of what little Playerbase we got left before they Realize how Crab this is and Decide to Change it.

But as they Say. Hope Dies Last.

Lets just Hope they Realize it fast enough that we dont Half our Server Population again....

3 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Night Shift Workers are Pretty Rare Mate.

I am Shift Worker myself doing Changing Shifts (Morning, Afternoon and Night) and thus dont care that much about any Exact Time to be Honest. Since depending on the Week I can be Online at any Time of the Day or cant be Online at any Time of the Day depending on my Shift.

Thing is. Unlike certain other People I am not so Ignorant that I would only consider myself in this.

And most of us are 30-40 Years Old. Having Families and something called Real Life.

So even in the Holidays when we got 1 or 2 weeks off from Work. Most of these Guys cant be Online at 4:00 in the Morning. Meaning that the moment our Frontline is against US Clans. These Guys could effectively Stay Offline. Because regardless of us Recruiting Night Active Nerds or People from a Different Timezone. These Guys would be left in the Dump unable to Play just Sitting around.

And Sorry but this is not Acceptable.

The Exact Time Window is Certainly Up for Discussion. The 3 Hours Window was just my Suggestion cause its fairly well at keeping everyone in halfwat Acceptable Times.

But there could also be several Smaller Windows or Simply Several Exact Times for Choice.

The Importand Part is. That 70-80% of the Players are Online from 14:00  to 00:00 GMT/UTC while the Remaining Time has 20-30% of the Players.  

And on 2:00 to 8:00 GMT/UTC you have pretty much Dead Time where 70-80% of the Playerbase CANNOT Participate.

So the Time Window between 2:00 and 8:00 GMT/UTC Should NOT BE ALLOWED to have Port Battles in. Because this effectively Shuts out over 70% of the Players from these Battles.

And Sorry. But I see nothing Global about a Game when a Small Group of Players can Lock out 80% of the Playerbase from the Game. 

On 1/10/2018 at 7:02 PM, Sunleader said:

Well. After they Removed Safezones and it took em about 6 Months and roughly 60% of the Playerbase before they Finally Realized that it was Bullcrab and put some Safezones back in.

So I agree that its likely going to take em another 6 Months and likely 30-50% of what little Playerbase we got left before they Realize how Crab this is and Decide to Change it.

But as they Say. Hope Dies Last.

Lets just Hope they Realize it fast enough that we dont Half our Server Population again....

Night Shift Workers are Pretty Rare Mate.

I am Shift Worker myself doing Changing Shifts (Morning, Afternoon and Night) and thus dont care that much about any Exact Time to be Honest. Since depending on the Week I can be Online at any Time of the Day or cant be Online at any Time of the Day depending on my Shift.

Thing is. Unlike certain other People I am not so Ignorant that I would only consider myself in this.

And most of us are 30-40 Years Old. Having Families and something called Real Life.

So even in the Holidays when we got 1 or 2 weeks off from Work. Most of these Guys cant be Online at 4:00 in the Morning. Meaning that the moment our Frontline is against US Clans. These Guys could effectively Stay Offline. Because regardless of us Recruiting Night Active Nerds or People from a Different Timezone. These Guys would be left in the Dump unable to Play just Sitting around.

And Sorry but this is not Acceptable.

The Exact Time Window is Certainly Up for Discussion. The 3 Hours Window was just my Suggestion cause its fairly well at keeping everyone in halfwat Acceptable Times.

But there could also be several Smaller Windows or Simply Several Exact Times for Choice.

The Importand Part is. That 70-80% of the Players are Online from 14:00  to 00:00 GMT/UTC while the Remaining Time has 20-30% of the Players.  

And on 2:00 to 8:00 GMT/UTC you have pretty much Dead Time where 70-80% of the Playerbase CANNOT Participate.

So the Time Window between 2:00 and 8:00 GMT/UTC Should NOT BE ALLOWED to have Port Battles in. Because this effectively Shuts out over 70% of the Players from these Battles.

And Sorry. But I see nothing Global about a Game when a Small Group of Players can Lock out 80% of the Playerbase from the Game. 

News flash, people can't just leave work in the middle of the day to fight a PB in a video game. They will get fired. You can however, like the Champs on global server, set your alarm for 3:50Am, fight your battle, and climb back in bed for a few more Z's before work. Been there, done that. Heck, if waking up at 4 am will trash you for work, do it on a weekend. Or hit the bunk early Friday night so you can wake up early and get a nice start to your Saturday. If you want the port bad enough you'll find a way to take it back.

Or you can do what many of these very wise people have said and get players in different timezones. They aren't "playing the game for you" it's another aspect of the game..  diplomacy. And once the port is yours again you can set it to defend whenever you want.

These are two very viable solutions. If you want to continue to ignore them that's fine, but don't expect anything else because there is nothing anyone else can do for you until regional servers come back.

Edited by Bristol Fashion
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bristol Fashion said:

News flash, people can't just leave work in the middle of the day to fight a PB in a video game. They will get fired. You can however, like the Champs on global server, set your alarm for 3:50Am, fight your battle, and climb back in bed for a few more Z's before work. Been there, done that. Heck, if waking up at 4 am will trash you for work, do it on a weekend. Or hit the bunk early Friday night so you can wake up early and get a nice start to your Saturday. If you want the port bad enough you'll find a way to take it back.

Or you can do what many of these very wise people have said and get players in different timezones. They aren't "playing the game for you" it's another aspect of the game..  diplomacy. And once the port is yours again you can set it to defend whenever you want.

These are two very viable solutions. If you want to continue to ignore them that's fine, but don't expect anything else because there is nothing anyone else can do for you until regional servers come back.

Newsflash.

A Game where a Small Group of Players can Refuse to let 80% of the Playerbase Participate.

IS NOT GLOBAL.

But hey whatever.

I already Quit a Week ago. Have Fun while it lasts.

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Newsflash.

A Game where a Small Group of Players can Refuse to let 80% of the Playerbase Participate.

IS NOT GLOBAL.

But hey whatever.

Buh bye.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2018 at 1:12 AM, Sunleader said:

Newsflash.

IS NOT GLOBAL.

But hey whatever.

Can I have your stuff?  I promise to only use it 1800 to 2300 server time.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 2:12 AM, Sunleader said:

Newsflash.

IS NOT GLOBAL.

But hey whatever.

As you can see by the number of people who are begging for you to stay... that they dont care. 

Dont go away mad, dont go away sad, just go away.