Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Comeonche

What european players are supposed to do to take back a port with attack window [3.00-6.00]

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Sorry but Fact Remains.

The Current System is Bullshit.

We need to Limit PB Times to a Timeframe where the Majority of Players can actually Play Port Battles.

It seems people don't agree with you:

33a3ae1bb6195d90e5ddae341026337b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

Yep...but usually, we know what we will do in RVR Mechanic BEFORE ALPHA..BETA...or others stupid version nonsense (3 years alpha NA.. XD...) This isn t fault of players... Proof??? how many have leave (for the moment)?

 

Have a nice day

Not saying you are not right, i'm just saying that I am not wrong. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It seems people don't agree with you:

33a3ae1bb6195d90e5ddae341026337b.png

 

No Offense Mate.

But you Aint going to Tell me that you think 23 People in the Plus after having 64 Minus mean something do you ?

This Normal Fluctuation and the Overall Trend is Downwards.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

 

No Offense Mate.

But you Aint going to Tell me that you think 23 People in the Plus after having 64 Minus mean something do you ?

This Normal Fluctuation and the Overall Trend is Downwards.

Keep making shit up. If you fit a trend line to the data since the merge you'll see that people not only don't seem to really care about your time zone bitching but that population is actually increasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the internet should shut down when I'm not online. The world revolves around me anyway so I don't see why its a problem. Its not fair that other people can use the internet when I'm not there because then I cant interact with them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Keep making shit up. If you fit a trend line to the data since the merge you'll see that people not only don't seem to really care about your time zone bitching but that population is actually increasing.

There is no Trendline for after the Merge. Because the Merge only just happened.

Call me when we are at least back to the Average of 600 we had a few Months ago lol.

Then you can Talk about Population Increasing.

 

 

But Hey. I.ll remind you on it in one or two Months when we got a few Cycles in and alot of the EU Clans Signed Off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

There is no Trendline for after the Merge. Because the Merge only just happened.

Call me when we are at least back to the Average of 600 we had a few Months ago lol.

Then you can Talk about Population Increasing.

 

 

But Hey. I.ll remind you on it in one or two Months when we got a few Cycles in and alot of the EU Clans Signed Off.

I swear you must be mentally deficient in a very meaningful way, so perhaps we should be kinder to you:

Merge happened 12/20, please see trend since then.  The only time we had average of 500+ was just after the wipe.  And what was the trend after that?  Oh... right... down until the merge.  :rolleyes: Of course the Christmas sale will have had an effect on populations but did we see some mass exodus because of timers?  Nope.  So I'd say your titty baby antics are your troubles alone.

Edited by Wraith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wraith said:

snip

Sigh. If I got a Dollar whenever some Defeated Dog Barks Insults at me. I could have Retired Years ago.

 

And Mate.

Yes 20.12

Thats not even a Single Month.

Its been Barely 20 Days.

 

Sorry. But you wont see any Effects this Fast.

After most of the Bigger Changes it usually took 3-4 Months before you actually got the Results and could See if the Changes Improved or Worsened the Situation.

 

 

If you would for a Change use whats inside your Head instead of just smashing the front of it into the Keyboard to Produce incomprehensible bullcrab.

You would realize that this is an RvR Change into a Running System. Clans which were still very Active in the EU Server will not just Stop Playing after 2 Weeks when they lost a Port 2 or 3 Times and cant get it back.

They will Try this a few Times before they Give up.

Some will then Come here to Complain (Already Happening) and others will just Silently leave RvR.

Thing is you wont Notice before 2 or 3 Months have Passed and People have actually Adjusted to the New System.

 

But hey. Why would I ever Demand that you actually think about something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Sigh. If I got a Dollar whenever some Defeated Dog Barks Insults at me. I could have Retired Years ago.

 

And Mate.

Yes 20.12

Thats not even a Single Month.

Its been Barely 20 Days.

 

Sorry. But you wont see any Effects this Fast.

After most of the Bigger Changes it usually took 3-4 Months before you actually got the Results and could See if the Changes Improved or Worsened the Situation.

 

 

If you would for a Change use whats inside your Head instead of just smashing the front of it into the Keyboard to Produce incomprehensible bullcrab.

You would realize that this is an RvR Change into a Running System. Clans which were still very Active in the EU Server will not just Stop Playing after 2 Weeks when they lost a Port 2 or 3 Times and cant get it back.

They will Try this a few Times before they Give up.

Some will then Come here to Complain (Already Happening) and others will just Silently leave RvR.

Thing is you wont Notice before 2 or 3 Months have Passed and People have actually Adjusted to the New System.

 

But hey. Why would I ever Demand that you actually think about something.

 

I still dont understand the problem.  You dont want to play with others outside of your little niche group.   But want to complain when others who are more broadminded beat you because of that fact.  

Hmm... okay I give up, you arent much better than some other xenophobes in the past, or present...  "Rocketman".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sunleader said:

If you would for a Change use whats inside your Head instead of just smashing the front of it into the Keyboard to Produce incomprehensible bullcrab.

There is only one of us posting "bullcrab" here, and it is not me. I've given you plenty of rationale, quantitative information, and the necessary logic that invalidates your position.  You're welcome to your opinion, but the way you express it is shamefully devoid of intelligence, articulation, and sway. Therefore, I suggest you go back to wringing your tiny little hands over your lost pixels instead of misusing your shift key.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you guys can meet up in a month and discuss population then, seems like a good idea to me.

Edited by Tac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Odol said:

I still dont understand the problem.  You dont want to play with others outside of your little niche group.   But want to complain when others who are more broadminded beat you because of that fact.  

Hmm... okay I give up, you arent much better than some other xenophobes in the past, or present...  "Rocketman".

 

You do Realize that my Timezone Includes People all over Europe and Afrika and Includes Parts of Russia as well dont you ?

And here I always tought that the News Reporters Showing Americans being completely clueless about the World and when ask whose the German Chancellor answering stuff like "Hitler" was just Cherry Picking the worst Answers they found....... But I guess when you dont even know that the Timezone cover more than a Single Country over here then I guess such Answers aint so far fetched after all......

 

The Problem is rather Simple.

The US Clans Currently set their PBs into a Time that ends up being roughly 4:00 in the Morning for Europe.

Where European Players cannot really Attack them because you dont get the People together for it.

And  Sorry. But again. Recruiting other Players from a different Timezone which Play in a Time when the other Players of our Clan are Offline is meaningless. Its the same as having a Bot Play the Game for you.

 

What you guys need to get into your Head is that its not the Pixel of the Port which matter. But the Port Battle itself.

If People from Europe cannot Play the Game then they stop being Players.

I am here as a Player of the Game. Not to be a Fan of some Group and Hope from the Sidelines that they Win lol

 

 

Edit:

You've chosen to ignore content by Wraith. Options

 

I guess I can safely assume that you wont ever be posting anything worth reading anyways. So I.ll end this little exchange of Insults with you here before the Mods get annoyed.

Edited by Sunleader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

 

(Removed the not so subtle insult)

The Problem is rather Simple.

The US Clans Currently set their PBs into a Time that ends up being roughly 4:00 in the Morning for Europe.

Where European Players cannot really Attack them because you dont get the People together for it.

And  Sorry. But again. Recruiting other Players from a different Timezone which Play in a Time when the other Players of our Clan are Offline is meaningless. Its the same as having a Bot Play the Game for you.

 

What you guys need to get into your Head is that its not the Pixel of the Port which matter. But the Port Battle itself.

If People from Europe cannot Play the Game then they stop being Players.

I am here as a Player of the Game. Not to be a Fan of some Group and Hope from the Sidelines that they Win lol

Now again, you are saying you are unwilling to adapt to an online world wide environment.   This isnt a developer problem, this is a player problem.  More directly YOUR problem. 

 

You say if the US players set their PB for a time that is favorable for them... say EST, 8PM, which would be 1AM for most of Europe.  Now if it is a west coast based US clan, you are looking at a 5AM GMT port battle. 

NOW the European players can do something very much the same.  If you set a port battle timer for say... 5PM GMT you are looking at 1200 EST, or 8AM PST.   Most Americans are at work during that time.  And on the weekends most Americans are not playing online games at that time, we are busy with "life".  

Now if you set your port battle timers for anything earlier than 5PM GMT you effectively cut out most American based players.  

Again, this just comes down to some forethought on your part.  I still dont understand why you cant find American prime time based European players.  I know of quite a few.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Odol said:

Now again, you are saying you are unwilling to adapt to an online world wide environment.   This isnt a developer problem, this is a player problem.  More directly YOUR problem. 

 

 

 

Wrong.

YOU are the One who Refuses to Adapt to an Online Environment.

Because you want your PBs exactly in your Time regardless and ignorant of the remaining World.

And this is not Global Online Gaming. Thats basicly an Locale Game being available Online assuming that the others can somehow manage to be Online at whatever Time it is in their Country when your Server is Available for a Battle.

 

I want PBs to be in the Time where maximum amount of People from all over the World can Play them together.

 

 

There is nothing Global about a Game which each Country just Plays in their own Time thus not actually Playing together 90% of the time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sunleader said:

 

Wrong.

YOU are the One who Refuses to Adapt to an Online Environment.

Because you want your PBs exactly in your Time regardless and ignorant of the remaining World.

And this is not Global Online Gaming. Thats basicly an Locale Game being available Online assuming that the others can somehow manage to be Online at whatever Time it is in their Country when your Server is Available for a Battle.

 

I want PBs to be in the Time where maximum amount of People from all over the World can Play them together.

 

 

There is nothing Global about a Game which each Country just Plays in their own Time thus not actually Playing together 90% of the time...

 

Huh?   I dont see this, here is why.

The American players login and fight a port battle at your chosen time, they win, and reset the port battle timer to a time more favorable to them.  Much like you did, I might add. 

If they lost the port to a EU based guild that set the timer to a time favorable to them, then they would have to either A; login earlier to take it or B; Get some EU based guild mates to take it, or C; Not bother with it and let them keep it.

Seeing as I know VCO pretty well, and I know BLACK pretty well.  They have European based players, and American players, and even a few Australian/New Zeelander players. 

So I imagine it cant be that hard to get people to play with you.  Then again....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odol said:

 

Huh?   I dont see this, here is why.

The American players login and fight a port battle at your chosen time, they win, and reset the port battle timer to a time more favorable to them.  Much like you did, I might add. 

If they lost the port to a EU based guild that set the timer to a time favorable to them, then they would have to either A; login earlier to take it or B; Get some EU based guild mates to take it, or C; Not bother with it and let them keep it.

Seeing as I know VCO pretty well, and I know BLACK pretty well.  They have European based players, and American players, and even a few Australian/New Zeelander players. 

So I imagine it cant be that hard to get people to play with you.  Then again....

 

 

Except Mate.

To actually Attack a Port held by an US Clan. I would need to be Online at 4:00 in the Morning which will not happen.

No Offense but again. Having PBs which for over Half of the Playerbase is around 4:00 in the Morning is NOT an Global Online Game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The usa only have about 10 capturable ports..I'm sure theres plenty more in your timezone that you can go for :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sunleader said:

 

Except Mate.

To actually Attack a Port held by an US Clan. I would need to be Online at 4:00 in the Morning which will not happen.

No Offense but again. Having PBs which for over Half of the Playerbase is around 4:00 in the Morning is NOT an Global Online Game.

What would you prefer, no timers?  So it would just be flipped overnight like it was before.... ok that didnt work last year and it wont this year.

And cutting off half of the playerbase because they are at work isnt really fair either, is it?

Seeing as the weekend is the only time most American based players can take EU ports, and the same holds true for the EU players.   Sounds pretty fair, that and the fact several of the EU nations only work 4 day weeks, only gives them added bonus time that most Americans who work 5-6days a week. 

 

And again there are other people in EACH area EU and North America, that play during "off-hours" which places them in one or the others prime time.   I know I used to be one.  My work schedule had me firmly in the 0400-1300 time 5 days a week.  Which made my play time almost match the EU exactly.   So most of my guildmates that I talked to were either German, British, or French.   Hell I barely knew the american guildmates I had because when they were logging in, I was going to bed. 

 

In another game about 12 years ago, I had a Scotsman who worked late nights in Scotland which put him firmly in the US Central Prime time.

So again... consider these people, stop being ignorant.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Explained that before.

There is a Large Overlapping Daytime for almost all Players.

 

If we Limit PBs to be Set between 21:00 and 00:00 UTC the Time we will be Covering over 70% of the Players in their Primetime and give over 90% of the Players the Option to Participate in a Humanely Possible Time to be Online.

 

In Short. I think we should Allow Clans to Set their own PB Times. But Put Limits onto it where it cannot wander into the Offhours of the Server where it has only 30% of its usual Playercounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sunleader said:

Explained that before.

There is a Large Overlapping Daytime for almost all Players.

 

If we Limit PBs to be Set between 21:00 and 00:00 UTC the Time we will be Covering over 70% of the Players in their Primetime and give over 90% of the Players the Option to Participate in a Humanely Possible Time to be Online.

 

In Short. I think we should Allow Clans to Set their own PB Times. But Put Limits onto it where it cannot wander into the Offhours of the Server where it has only 30% of its usual Playercounts.

So let me get this straight.

You only want them to set battle timers for 3 hours a day, from 2100-0000GMT which is 1600-1900EST/1200-1500PST.

Why not set the timer from 1800-0600GMT this way you have 12 hours of port battles that suits most everyone?   This will cover the PST and EST, and GMT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As admin said some time ago after the merge... There is no more EU Server. Now, it's Caribbean server.

So you can adapt to it or maybe think about doing something else with your life.

Also, I'm kind of glad that it's 10:35 PM because you'll go to bed soon and we won't have to read your nonsense.

Good night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×