Game-Labs Forum
Comeonche

What european players are supposed to do to take back a port with attack window [3.00-6.00]

1 hour ago, Odol said:

expanded-world-time-zone-map-longitude.g

As you can plainly see, Moscow, which is on the continent of Europe, thus IN Europe, is +3 GMT, Spain, France, Germany all are +1 GMT.  Then you have East Coast North America, which is at -5.  So 5+3=8, 8 hour difference.  If you count in Western Russia, Novosibirsk, which is in WESTERN ASIA by timezone, is +5, and there is a LARGE number of players from that region also.  So you have them to draw on.  And seeing as they speak the SAME language as the Russians from Moscow, then you can draw on that.    Which now puts you at +10 hours a head of the East Coast US.

I think you are mistaking geography for Geo-political landscape.   Western Russia IS in Europe, as Europe is defined by the Ural Mountain range, which is east of Moscow.  

I See.

So the Problem is not your Geography Skills.

But your Reading Skills.

I Said "EU" Not Europe :)

I also Said "EU Central Time which most Western EU States Follow"

Because you See many of the "EU" States in Europe are actually Geographically in a Different Timezone. But they simply use the same Timezone anyways to make more Sense within the EU Borders :)

The EU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

Europe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

A Tiny but Importand Difference. :)

Just now, Sunleader said:

I See.

So the Problem is not your Geography Skills.

But your Reading Skills.

I Said "EU" Not Europe :)

I also Said "EU Central Time which most Western EU States Follow"

Because you See many of the "EU" States in Europe are actually Geographically in a Different Timezone. But they simply use the same Timezone anyways to make more Sense within the EU Borders :)

The EU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union

Europe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

A Tiny but Importand Difference. :)

EU= European Union, a GEO-Political state, not an actual state.

And seeing as the world time zones are not based on political states, but on geographical states, then the EU means nothing in this debate.   Because if we were to say the EU, then we would have to leave out... Albania, Armenia. Belarus, Gibraltar, Iceland, Kosovo, Lechtenstein, Macedonia, Norway, Russian Federation, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and Vatican City State and soon the UK.

So are we saying we have no players from ANY of those nations in Europe that are not in the EU?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odol said:

EU= European Union, a GEO-Political state, not an actual state.

And seeing as the world time zones are not based on political states, but on geographical states, then the EU means nothing in this debate.   Because if we were to say the EU, then we would have to leave out... Albania, Armenia. Belarus, Gibraltar, Iceland, Kosovo, Lechtenstein, Macedonia, Norway, Russian Federation, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and Vatican City State and soon the UK.

So are we saying we have no players from ANY of those nations in Europe that are not in the EU?  

Ok theres a whole Bunch of Completely Wrong things....

The EU is neither a GEO Political State. Nor an Single State at all.

Its an GEO Political Alliance of States which share some Policies as well as an Border and Trade Union and Generally try to work together.

This is not relevant to the Discussion. Its merely something that you got Wrong. Because I named EU Central Timezone which is UTC+1 and you somehow Connected this towards Western Russian Timezones thus assuming 8-12 Hours Difference instead of 6-10 Hours.

I cant help it if your not Familiar with how things work outside the USA.

Albania, Lichtenstein, Kosovo, Norway, Switzerland and Vatikan City all Share EU Central Time.

Russia, Turkey and Belarus are +2 Hours from that as they Share West Russian Standard Timezone

Remaining ones are either + or - 1 from EU Central.

They might not be Part of the EU but they do Share the Timezone.

Again stop assuming the World Revolves around you....

If you cant tell that EU Central Timezone is UTC+1 and somehow connect it to Moscow and Russia thats your Problem not Mine.

Here.

This is a Map of which Country Works by which Timezone.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

As you can See. The EU States for most Part Share a common Timezone despite Geographically not actually being part of that Timezone.

The UK has always been a bit aloof anyways. Just like Germany which still does the Idiotic Change between Summer and Winter Time.

Edited by Sunleader

Just now, Sunleader said:

Ok theres a whole Bunch of Completely Wrong things....

The EU is neither a GEO Political State. Nor an Single State at all.

Its an GEO Political Alliance of States which share some Policies as well as an Border and Trade Union and Generally try to work together.

This is not relevant to the Discussion. Its merely something that you got Wrong. Because I named EU Central Timezone which is UTC+1 and you somehow Connected this towards Western Russian Timezones thus assuming 8-12 Hours Difference instead of 6-10 Hours.

I cant help it if your not Familiar with how things work outside the USA.

Albania, Lichtenstein, Kosovo, Norway, Switzerland and Vatikan City all Share EU Central Time.

Russia, Turkey and Belarus are +2 Hours from that as they Share West Russian Standard Timezone

Remaining ones are either + or - 1 from EU Central.

They might not be Part of the EU but they do Share the Timezone.

Again stop assuming the World Revolves around you....

If you cant tell that EU Central Timezone is UTC+1 and somehow connect it to Moscow and Russia thats your Problem not Mine.

Here.

This is a Map of which Country Works by which Timezone.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

As you can See. The EU States for most Part Share a common Timezone despite Geographically not actually being part of that Timezone.

The UK has always been a bit aloof anyways. Just like Germany which still does the Idiotic Change between Summer and Winter Time.

First you are assuming I am from the USA. 

Second you think I care about the geopolitical state of Europe.  Which the EU is exactly what you were referring to, which means you were referring to a political entity not a geographical location.

Lastly, you are still avoiding the point that you are choosing to only accept those in timezone favorable to your play style while ignoring those who are outside of your playtime.   Which means Most of Russia, all of America (North and South), and all of Asia to include Australia and New Zealand.  

Honestly I think you are the one playing the wrong game, I think Sea of Thieves is what you want.  So you can play your instanced battles with your friends in your timezone without worry of someone outside of your timezone taking your stuff.

34 minutes ago, Odol said:

First you are assuming I am from the USA. 

Second you think I care about the geopolitical state of Europe.  Which the EU is exactly what you were referring to, which means you were referring to a political entity not a geographical location.

Lastly, you are still avoiding the point that you are choosing to only accept those in timezone favorable to your play style while ignoring those who are outside of your playtime.   Which means Most of Russia, all of America (North and South), and all of Asia to include Australia and New Zealand.  

Honestly I think you are the one playing the wrong game, I think Sea of Thieves is what you want.  So you can play your instanced battles with your friends in your timezone without worry of someone outside of your timezone taking your stuff.

Mate no Offense. But I played this Game for a while and guess what. Till they decided to Close your Server which Failed and Died.

And then for whatever Idiotic Reason Changed our Server Settings of a Server that had 500+ Population to the Settings that the Server which Died had.

So Sorry. But I would assume that soon there wont be a Game left lol.

Cause the 500+ People will likely not be there for long if they Can no Longer Play PBs thanks to the PBs slowly Wandering off into 4:00 Morning lol

And no Mate.

See the Problem with that is. That the Group you Name is very veeeery Small. And Sorry but hello kittying the People usually providing the 900 Population Primetime in favor of the 300 Guys Online at Night is not a very Good Idea if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

And no Mate.

See the Problem with that is. That the Group you Name is very veeeery Small. And Sorry but hello kittying the People usually providing the 900 Population Primetime in favor of the 300 Guys Online at Night is not a very Good Idea if you ask me.

You fail to realize that those 300 "guys" are actually WAY more than 300 people.  As they consistantly keep the server population over 300 for over 19hours after you EU players go to sleep.  So 300 may actually be closer to 1200 over that 19 hour period. 

But only the ADMIN knows.  

3 hours ago, Odol said:

You fail to realize that those 300 "guys" are actually WAY more than 300 people.  As they consistantly keep the server population over 300 for over 19hours after you EU players go to sleep.  So 300 may actually be closer to 1200 over that 19 hour period. 

But only the ADMIN knows.  

Mate the 900 People in Primetime are also way more People....

The Relation remains the same.

On 1/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, Comeonche said:

US player attacked the port of Bimini and take it. They put on this port an attack window [3.00-6.00].

We are european players, what are we supposed to do to take back this port??!!

:o

Edited by PG Monkey
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Mate the 900 People in Primetime are also way more People....

The Relation remains the same.

Stop, please stop.  I dont think my side can take it anymore. Your level of ignorance is astounding.  

33 minutes ago, Odol said:

Stop, please stop.  I dont think my side can take it anymore. Our level of ignorance is astounding but reaching its Limits.  

* Here I fixed that for you.

And Sorry but no I wont Stop.

Not before I stop Seeing Ports being Set in 4:00 by the Morning where the Server Runs on 20% of his Usual Population.

You Mentioned that these 300 People are way more than 300 People.

Which is Perfectly True. Because 300 is the Number of People Online at once. And likely its something around 1000 or more People which are Simply not all Online during the Entire Time.

Thing is Mate. The Same is True for the 900 People. Because they as well are actually something around 4000 or more People which are Simply not Online during the Entire Time.

The Relation does not Change

This is a Simple Fact.

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

If you Check that Graph you can Perfectly See when there is lots of People Online. And when there is barely anyone Online. 

And take a Guess where in this Graph US Ports are. And where EU Ports are.

And I.ll give you a Hint. The Only reason why the US Owned Ports PBs are not the Rock Bottom of that Graph. Is because the Server Reset Forces People to Log Out :)

11 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

* Here I fixed that for you.

And Sorry but no I wont Stop.

Not before I stop Seeing Ports being Set in 4:00 by the Morning where the Server Runs on 20% of his Usual Population.

You Mentioned that these 300 People are way more than 300 People.

Which is Perfectly True. Because 300 is the Number of People Online at once. And likely its something around 1000 or more People which are Simply not all Online during the Entire Time.

Thing is Mate. The Same is True for the 900 People. Because they as well are actually something around 4000 or more People which are Simply not Online during the Entire Time.

The Relation does not Change

This is a Simple Fact.

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

If you Check that Graph you can Perfectly See when there is lots of People Online. And when there is barely anyone Online. 

And take a Guess where in this Graph US Ports are. And where EU Ports are.

And I.ll give you a Hint. The Only reason why the US Owned Ports PBs are not the Rock Bottom of that Graph. Is because the Server Reset Forces People to Log Out :)

Fact remains you refuse to try and recruit people from outside of your time zone.  This is your issue not mine.

As I know of several "EU" guilds that have Brazilians, Australians, Americans, and Canadians in them.  

AND several "US" guilds that have French, German, Dutch and Swiss players in them.  

So your problem is you fail to have diversity in your guild and you are suffering for it. 

Welcome to the world of online gaming, where we dont stop because you logged out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Odol said:

Fact remains you refuse to try and recruit people from outside of your time zone.  This is your issue not mine.

As I know of several "EU" guilds that have Brazilians, Australians, Americans, and Canadians in them.  

AND several "US" guilds that have French, German, Dutch and Swiss players in them.  

So your problem is you fail to have diversity in your guild and you are suffering for it. 

Welcome to the world of online gaming, where we dont stop because you logged out. 

Mate I told you already. Recruiting People from Different Timezones is Complete Bullshit.

Why the hello kitty would I do that ?

If I am not the One Playing the Game with my Friends. Then I could just as well use a Bot to Play the Game or better just Not Play the Game at all.

I actually dont. But you See Mate its not changing the Problem. Because again. What sense does it make to have other People Play the Game for you ? :)

This is not some House Construction. Where you let others do the Work and then are Happy to move into your New House.

This is a Video Game. Its basicly like a Holiday Activity. Recruiting someone else to do it for you. Is basicly like your Booking Holidays in Some Hotel on the Beach. And then Continue going to Work while you Send some Random Guy you dont know to that Hotel.

Sorry but if thats how you Play. Than what Difference would it make if You did just not Play at All?

After all you got enough People you likely barely ever See or Talk to. Which are Playing the Game for you when your Offline.

This makes no Sense.

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

This is a Video Game. Its basicly like a Holiday Activity. Recruiting someone else to do it for you. Is basicly like your Booking Holidays in Some Hotel on the Beach. And then Continue going to Work while you Send some Random Guy you dont know to that Hotel.

But its not just YOUR video game...  what part of that do you not understand???  

Play or Uninstall.

Nobody cares.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Mate I told you already. Recruiting People from Different Timezones is Complete Bullshit.

If I am not the One Playing the Game with my Friends. Then I could just as well use a Bot to Play the Game or better just Not Play the Game at all.

I actually dont. But you See Mate its not changing the Problem. Because again. What sense does it make to have other People Play the Game for you ? :)

This is not some House Construction. Where you let others do the Work and then are Happy to move into your New House.

Sorry but if thats how you Play. Than what Difference would it make if You did just not Play at All?

After all you got enough People you likely barely ever See or Talk to. Which are Playing the Game for you when your Offline.

This makes no Sense.

Seriously "mate," can you not your use your shift key properly? Capitalization has meaning.

This is a multiplayer, global game. That means that there will be people who play when you are at work or asleep. If you don't like or understand that fact, you're playing the wrong game. 

If you want to compete, then you suck it up, make friends, play outside your comfort zone, or roll over and take your beating by those who do.

59 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

This makes no Sense.

I came from another game, and in that game the "guild" I was part of has Germans, French, Americans, Canadians, one Mexican, 3 Brazilians, and an Egyptian living in Kuwait.  

I would have never got to know any of these people had it not been for this game or recruiting outside of my time zone.  I consider all of them "friends" and enjoy playing with them, I still play this other game with them quite often.   I am sure Christendom feels the same way about some of his guild mates who are not in the same part of the world as him.  I am sure Heathwill, Sir Texas Sir, and several other prominent guild members on these forums feel the same way about their clan mates.

My point is stop being xenophobic and meet some new people, you might expand your horizons.

• Like 2

Not only about NA but gaming general. From air combat sims, to survival fps, to "janky" world of pew pew, always worldwide communities, from Israel, to Finland to New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, Chile, US west coast and even Senegal and Guyana and a lot more in between.

Always someone around to play the game with, both friendlies and opponents.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunleader said:

This is your failure, and the reason this game is not for you apparently.  With your condescending attitude and lack of tact I can well imagine recruiting is very difficult for you. But carry on bitching that the devs let EVERYONE play the game at their primetime (which yes, means 0400 your time).

You refuse to adapt or accept the situation, and are screaming that "It's not fair, waaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

No one can convince you that what you want is untenable at this point, none of us has helped you come out of your delusion of importance.  Due to my job there are times I can't really log in for a few days, I rely on others and accept the fact one or more of my outposts may be captured during a time I can't personally do anything about.  Because I am only as important as you, and conversely you are only as important as me. 

I think the time zones are fine the way they are. Usually in a pvp game you fight people who are online in your pvp game, so if x nation is mostly online at x time then y nation should either fight x nation at x time or find another nation at y time.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Not only about NA but gaming general. From air combat sims, to survival fps, to "janky" world of pew pew, always worldwide communities, from Israel, to Finland to New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, Chile, US west coast and even Senegal and Guyana and a lot more in between.

Yep...but usually, we know what we will do in RVR Mechanic BEFORE ALPHA..BETA...or others stupid version nonsense (3 years alpha NA.. XD...) This isn t fault of players... Proof??? how many have leave (for the moment)?

Have a nice day

Edited by DesMoines

7 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Nobody cares.

If you dont Care feel free to not answer me.

Given that you keep Answering anything I say somehow doesnt match the Claim that you dont Care.

6 hours ago, Wraith said:

Seriously "mate," can you not your use your shift key properly? Capitalization has meaning.

This is a multiplayer, global game. That means that there will be people who play when you are at work or asleep. If you don't like or understand that fact, you're playing the wrong game. 

If you want to compete, then you suck it up, make friends, play outside your comfort zone, or roll over and take your beating by those who do.

Currently. Unfortunately this is more of an Local Multiplayer Game. After all I wont be Playing against Players from the US which have their stuff at 4:00 in the Morning for me and which thus are simply not part of my Game.

If this was an Global Game. The Port Battles and other Importand Stuff would happen in the Primetime when most Players are actually Online to Participate.

And not be hidden in the Offhours when barely anyone is Online.

6 hours ago, Odol said:

I came from another game, and in that game the "guild" I was part of has Germans, French, Americans, Canadians, one Mexican, 3 Brazilians, and an Egyptian living in Kuwait.  

I would have never got to know any of these people had it not been for this game or recruiting outside of my time zone.  I consider all of them "friends" and enjoy playing with them, I still play this other game with them quite often.   I am sure Christendom feels the same way about some of his guild mates who are not in the same part of the world as him.  I am sure Heathwill, Sir Texas Sir, and several other prominent guild members on these forums feel the same way about their clan mates.

My point is stop being xenophobic and meet some new people, you might expand your horizons.

I Suggest you Learn Reading. Your False Accusation and Attempted Personal Attack is not really worth a Reply.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Did you Notice Mate. All of these Games use Servers for each different Continent and have the Importand Events etc in the Prime Time when People can actually Play them.

They dont allow Clans to Force the Game into 4:00 in the Morning for other Clans.

31 minutes ago, Atreides said:

This is your failure, and the reason this game is not for you apparently.  With your condescending attitude and lack of tact I can well imagine recruiting is very difficult for you. But carry on bitching that the devs let EVERYONE play the game at their primetime (which yes, means 0400 your time).

You refuse to adapt or accept the situation, and are screaming that "It's not fair, waaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

No one can convince you that what you want is untenable at this point, none of us has helped you come out of your delusion of importance.  Due to my job there are times I can't really log in for a few days, I rely on others and accept the fact one or more of my outposts may be captured during a time I can't personally do anything about.  Because I am only as important as you, and conversely you are only as important as me. 

I am not Resposible for Recruiting in the First Place. And I am only condescending when my Opposition has proven itself to be irrational enough to warrant it.

Thing is Mate. Again.

There is no Meaning to Recruiting other Players to Play the Game for me.

I am not Interested in having a Bot Play over Night and Farm/Conquer Stuff for me. 

9 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

I think the time zones are fine the way they are. Usually in a pvp game you fight people who are online in your pvp game, so if x nation is mostly online at x time then y nation should either fight x nation at x time or find another nation at y time.

It doesnt matter for PvP.

It Matters for RvR.

Because it Creates an Unfair Advantage by moving Port Battles into Offhours where the Original Owners can no longer even attempt to take it back. Because its a Time where they will never have People Online. And Sorry but again. Recruiting other People which then Conquer the Port would be meaningless. After all if they Play the Game for us why would we even Play the Game in the First Place ?

Also why should US Players Prostrate themselves and Conquer Ports for us which then go back into our Time where they have no use of it ?

Sorry but Fact Remains.

The Current System is Bullshit.

We need to Limit PB Times to a Timeframe where the Majority of Players can actually Play Port Battles.

Otherwise there is no Fair Competition to be Had in the RvR in this Game.