Game-Labs Forum
Comeonche

What european players are supposed to do to take back a port with attack window [3.00-6.00]

4 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I said 18:00 YOUR Time. Not Hours. For EU your 18:00 is about 00:00 Which is still not Optimal. But its at least doable. Unlike your current Settings of 22:00 your Time Which for EU sits at 4:00 in the Morning.

At least Learn Reading before your telling someone he would be Daft....

Population of the Game at Saturday:

00:00 = 790 <-- In US Time this is 18:00 <--- End of Prime Time

02:00 = 600 <-- In US Time this is 20:00

04:00 = 460 <-- In US Time this is 22:00 <--- Start of Off Hours <--- Where US Clans Put their PBs

06:00 = 360 <-- In US Time this is 00:00 <--- Off Hours

08:00 = 310 <-- In US Time this is 02:00 <--- Off Hours

10:00 = 360 <-- In US Time this is 04:00 <--- End of Off Hours

12:00 = 330 <-- In US Time this is 06:00 <---- Low Player Count due to Server Reset at 11:00 in EU or Respectively at 05:00 in US

14:00 = 660 <-- In US Time this is 08:00

16:00 = 750 <-- In US Time this is 10:00

18:00 = 870 <-- In US Time this is 12:00 <--- Start of Prime Time

20:00 = 920 <-- In US Time this is 14:00 <--- Prime Time

22:00 = 910 <-- In US Time this is 16:00 <--- Prime Time <---- Where EU Clans Put their PBs.

Maybe you Should Check the Player Counts now and then before you Claim that there is no Offhours.

I literally can look around the map and see port battle timers at all times and many ports without any timers at all. Time to sail off to Legends for you because a global RvR game is clearly not for you if you can't come to terms with a game doesn't revolve around your own "prime time."

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I literally can look around the map and see port battle timers at all times and many ports without any timers at all. Time to sail off to Legends for you because a global RvR game is clearly not for you if you can't come to terms with a game doesn't revolve around your own "prime time."

Again said by the Guy who thanks to the Games Time Choices is Immune to Attacks....

1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Again said by the Guy who thanks to the Games Time Choices is Immune to Attacks....

Not immune at all. I fought or screened for four port battles today. You?

As a US player who is stationed in japan and barely get a pb at a decent time, I have no sympathy for you.

Wonder if AI were more aggressive and smarter where they can join pb's, screen, and attack players this can bring more challenge or a fighting chance.

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Not immune at all. I fought or screened for four port battles today. You?

Just out of interest and I’m not trolling , what times for you were the 4 port battles?

It was a long day, on and off, all times UTC:

19:23 - Cabo de la Vela, 19:54 - North Inlet, 22:38 - Chinchurro,  06:32 - Selam.

On Saturday it was just as busy with times just as spread out:

https://gyazo.com/8713c32c90d21b991011ccd4da8044ee

These ports were/are set with a variety of timers across the time zones the Russian nation has recruited clans to cover. So if you're not making your own content, and participating during your own "prime time," then it's your own fault. :) 

Edited by Wraith

25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It was a long day, on and off, all times UTC:

19:23 - Cabo de la Vela, 19:54 - North Inlet, 22:38 - Chinchurro,  06:32 - Selam.

On Saturday it was just as busy with times just as spread out:

https://gyazo.com/8713c32c90d21b991011ccd4da8044ee

These ports were/are set with a variety of timers across the time zones the Russian nation has recruited clans to cover. So if you're not making your own content, and participating during your own "prime time," then it's your own fault. :) 

Well you can’t fault your commitment if you fought in all 4 pbs or screening fight, if I did that Mrs Tac would divorce my ass.

1 minute ago, Tac said:

Well you can’t fault your commitment if you fought in all 4 pbs or screening fight, if I did that Mrs Tac would divorce my ass.

I'm not saying one *should* ;) but you *can* find content when you're looking for it. 

Anyway, the entire point of this is that RvR is content, especially in low BR shallow ports, that anyone can find and with a bit of planning participate in during any time zone. And if you currently don't have a port in your back yard set to your time zone, then stay up late or get up early on a weekend, take it and set it to a zone that matters. Whoever you take it from will likely be coming back next weekend to do the same for you. ;) 

you do not see the issue. The US clan who took it is in the European prime time. What the entire US has done is set their port timers in the middle of the night for their enemies. (Prussia, GB, France) so they are unable to take the ports. It doesn’t have to do with prime times. They simply set the portbattle times so they are immune to attack

On 1/5/2018 at 6:10 PM, Sunleader said:

How about you stop Avoiding Honest Fights and Grow some Balls by putting Ports into Times where there is actually People that can Attack them ? :)

So Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Australians, New Zealanders, Japanese, Chinese, Tiawanese, Eastern Russian and Central Russians are not people?  

Because they are ALL out of your "time zone".   

Shut up and go away please, you fail at life. 

I think the port battle system is good. Players in different parts of the world should be able to have port battles at their time. Otherwise it isn’t fair. However the issue persists that clans can get immune from their enemies attacks by setting it in the night. I don’t see a solution for this, it will just remain an issue

7 minutes ago, Lz3 said:

you do not see the issue. The US clan who took it is in the European prime time. What the entire US has done is set their port timers in the middle of the night for their enemies. (Prussia, GB, France) so they are unable to take the ports. It doesn’t have to do with prime times. They simply set the portbattle times so they are immune to attack

You do not see the issue. The world is round. You can play on weekends. The game is made of pixels. If you want the pixels stay up or get up early and force your in-game competitors to do the same if they want the pixels back.

Or better yet, recruit some Americans to your cause like Russia has done instead of telling us we don't have the same rights to RvR that Euros do?

Edited by Wraith

On 1/8/2018 at 3:34 PM, Wraith said:

You do not see the issue. The world is round. You can play on weekends. The game is made of pixels. If you want the pixels stay up or get up early and force your in-game competitors to do the same if they want the pixels back.

Your post is agressively written, I do not know why. So in response:

If you would’ve read my post below that one you would see that I understand that. Oh really the game is made out pixels? Does it matter? You’re completing ignoring the statement with the reasoning “get pixels, stay up late”. Now please read my second post. 

1 minute ago, Lz3 said:

Your post is agressively written, I do not know why. So in response:

If you would’ve read my post below that one you would see that I understand that. Oh really the game is made out pixels? Does it matter? You’re completing ignoring the statement with the reasoning “get pixels, stay up late”. Now please read my second post. 

It's not aggressive at all. It's just addressing what I see as willful ignorance of the fact that that time zone is another person's prime time. Just because it isn't yours doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to set it to theirs.

On 1/8/2018 at 3:41 PM, Wraith said:

It's not aggressive at all. It's just addressing what I see as willful ignorance of the fact that that time zone is another person's prime time. Just because it isn't yours doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to set it to theirs.

Read my second post!!

why are we still talking about this issue timers work both ways either accept them or have none at all there are good and bad things in both those situations it's not perfect and never will be

12 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Population of the Game at Saturday:

04:00 = 460 <-- In US Time this is 22:00 <--- Start of Off Hours <--- Where US Clans Put their PBs

06:00 = 360 <-- In US Time this is 00:00 <--- Off Hours

08:00 = 310 <-- In US Time this is 02:00 <--- Off Hours

10:00 = 360 <-- In US Time this is 04:00 <--- End of Off Hours

I'd say 310+ players disagree that this is offhours, and 22:00 is 11 pm East coast and 8 pm west coast... 

Edited by SKurj

7 minutes ago, Lz3 said:

Read my second post!!

You don't think I did? What time zone did they set it to that it is unassailable? 

2 hours ago, Odol said:

So Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Brazilians, Australians, New Zealanders, Japanese, Chinese, Tiawanese, Eastern Russian and Central Russians are not people?  

Because they are ALL out of your "time zone".   

Shut up and go away please, you fail at life. 

Lol. Make Me :)

And Mate no Offense. But given that by that Logic we Europeans aint People in your eyes either. I somehow dont think you should throwing around Stones in your little Glass House

1 hour ago, amplify said:

why are we still talking about this issue timers work both ways either accept them or have none at all there are good and bad things in both those situations it's not perfect and never will be

Except they Dont.

If EU Sets PBs in their own Primetime they land just slightly outside US Prime Time or even within US Prime Time.

If US Sets their PBs in their own Primetime they land in the Complete Offhours for the EU and are Pretty much Immune to Attack.

1 hour ago, SKurj said:

I'd say 310+ players disagree that this is offhours, and 22:00 is 11 pm East coast and 8 pm west coast... 

Definition of Prime Time. = The Most Active Time of a Server where the Majority of Player Population is Online

Definition of Off Hours. = The Most Inactive Time of a Server where the Majority of the Player Population is Offline.

And Mate.

Actually No. I am using your East Coast vs Central EU Time.

Central EU Time is UTC +1 (And despite spanning several Timezones most of the Western EU Countries simply work by this as well. Exceptions being Portugal and UK which are UTC +0)

On East EU being UTC +2

East Coast of USA is UTC -5 <---- Reference Point for me.

West Coast is UTC -8

So 22:00 in the Example is 19:00 for West Coast.

Point is Mate.

Currently the System Results in PBs being in the Complete Offhours in the Middle of the Night for the Majority of the Server Population.

Port Battles should always be Set in the Prime Time.

And this Prime Time for the Server is Clearly and Definitely between 20:00 and 00:00 UTC +1

Which is not Surprising. Because this is the Time where the 2 Biggest Playerbases which is EU and US. Are Overlapping their Playtimes thus resulting in the Largest Usercounts.

6 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Lol. Make Me :)

And Mate no Offense. But given that by that Logic we Europeans aint People in your eyes either. I somehow dont think you should throwing around Stones in your little Glass House

Oh I enjoy practicing my cannon shooting inside of my transparent structures.

Now where do you see ANY of the other players saying Europeans aint people?  Hell I know of several Euros IN VCO who play with them because THEIR schedule isnt the same as the rest of Europe.  They work nights and thus play during North American prime time.  I know of Eastern Russians who play with Aussies because they are in the same timezone.  Yes Vladivostok is in Russia YET in the Asian prime time. 

What about those Russians in Moscow?  Hell Moscow prime time for gaming is almost 5 hours before Berlin Germany.  So should they be locked out too even though Moscow is FIRMLY a European city?  

No where at anytime has any of us said Europeans arent people.  So stop trying to start stuff you cant handle.  

You dont like it when someone else in the world beats you and sets a timer so they can defend it more favorable to them.   Well then get better at defending during YOUR prime time.   If you want to take it back, do it on a weekend, and then set the timer for earlier in your prime time to prevent them from doing it.

Most of us "Americans" are doing just that, and we are winning these port battles during the weekends, so we arent losing time at work or sleep.   If you can't handle that, then the world of MMOs is not for you.

25 minutes ago, Odol said:

snip

You mean aside from all the comments like "Suck it up and Deal with it" ?

Or you mean the reminder that US Sold more Copies and thus should be treated as favorite ?

But most of all because for a Fact currently EU Players cannot Attack US Owned Ports because the Port Battle sits at 04:00 in the Monring for them where you will never get any proper Team together.

And Mate again.

The Problem here is.

That US Prime Time Starts right after EU Prime Time. So if EU Clans set their Ports so that they can Defend them. They are in Full Attack Range for US Clans.

The other way around however. The US Clans Prime Time as it is after EU Prime Time. Can set their PBs into the complete Offhours.

This is an Ridiculously Unfair Advantage which will Destroy RVR Entirely.

Again. Why do you think that the Global Server had like 200 Players Online while the EU Server had like 500 Players Online ?

The Reason is because even US Players usually Played on EU Server for the Simple reason that the EU Is Sitting Centrally and thus the EU Times are Favorable to the Global Times even for US Players.

Currently there wont be an MMO Left to Play in Half a Year Mate. Because EU Clans will as soon as they lose their Ports more or less be out of the Game.

Because for them its basicly a One Off now.

They can only Continue Playing as long as they can Defend the Port. Once they lose it. The Port will wander into the Complete Offhours and be Unreachable for most of them.

7 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

You mean aside from all the comments like "Suck it up and Deal with it" ?

Or you mean the reminder that US Sold more Copies and thus should be treated as favorite ?

But most of all because for a Fact currently EU Players cannot Attack US Owned Ports because the Port Battle sits at 04:00 in the Monring for them where you will never get any proper Team together.

And Mate again.

The Problem here is.

That US Prime Time Starts right after EU Prime Time. So if EU Clans set their Ports so that they can Defend them. They are in Full Attack Range for US Clans.

The other way around however. The US Clans Prime Time as it is after EU Prime Time. Can set their PBs into the complete Offhours.

This is an Ridiculously Unfair Advantage which will Destroy RVR Entirely.

Again. Why do you think that the Global Server had like 200 Players Online while the EU Server had like 500 Players Online ?

The Reason is because even US Players usually Played on EU Server for the Simple reason that the EU Is Sitting Centrally and thus the EU Times are Favorable to the Global Times even for US Players.

Currently there wont be an MMO Left to Play in Half a Year Mate. Because EU Clans will as soon as they lose their Ports more or less be out of the Game.

Because for them its basicly a One Off now.

They can only Continue Playing as long as they can Defend the Port. Once they lose it. The Port will wander into the Complete Offhours and be Unreachable for most of them.

Just because some people tell you to "deal with it."  Or point out the fact that NA buyers are the biggest purchasers of the game.  Doesn't say that they think Euros are not people.  No they are saying quite the opposite, they are saying that the developers should start looking at his other revenue stream before it gets cut off.

Yes North American Prime Time starts right after EU Prime time... and you know what starts after that, Asia/Australia.   Then we get right back to Eastern EU.   If you were smart you would set your defense timers for Eastern EU prime time, which would keep it roughly 12 hours before the North American Prime time.  Thus keeping it out of reach of most "pesky" Americans.

As for the failures of the Global server, you are wrong on every count.   The ADMIN was directly to blame for the failure of that server.  His actions or more correctly lack of action when the server was launched, caused a lot of confusion, frustration and flat out failure.   It was a half-assed attempt and it got the result that was fitting of the amount of effort put into it by the developer.   The other reason for its "failure" was due to costs, the ADMIN has to pay for the GLOBAL server because it was hosted in North America, roughly 2000miles from his home office.  If there was an issue he had to pay for someone to fix it.   It wasnt as easy as the EU server, which is in house.  He has direct access to it. 

Now the last part is probably the most truth in anything you have said.  But not for the reasons you think.   Mainly because there is a steady lack of anything major happening development wise.  And for those reasons people leaving is because of boredom, there are new shiny games coming out.  They will go play those, maybe they will comeback maybe they wont.  But without a way to attract new players faster than you lose them, the game wont survive.  

38 minutes ago, Odol said:

Snip

Erm Mate....

No Offense. But I think you need to learn a Few Things about Geography. I think you just Counted Half of Russia into the EU.....

Putting Ports in Eastern EU Primetime. Would be UTC+2

Thats 1 Hour later than EU Primetime.

22:00 for Eastern EU.

Would be from 12:00 to 16:00 for US.

Which means they can be Attacked Perfectly Fine by a Large Part of US Players during the Week and is Available to Attack for all US Players on the Weekends.

Unlike US Ports which for the EU Sit on 4:00 to 6:00 in the Morning thus being Completely Out of Reach for Majority of Players regardless of it being Weekend or During the Week.

And Mate no Offense. But pls keep your Tin Foil Theories to yourself.

Blaming One Person for a Failure of a Server thats been Running for more than 2 Years is a Joke....

That Misunderstanding and Confusion didnt even last 2 Weeks back then. And the Servers were Wiped in between with Assets even being Shared in between.

Meaning that any Players could easily Swap afterwards.

The Reason the Global Server Failed. Was Fairly Simple that its RvR which is currently pretty much the only Game Content.

Was an Complete Clusterhello kitty which did not work. Because it wasnt a Contest of Nations Fighting. But an Contest of who got more Nerds that are willing to Play at 5:00 in the Morning...

18 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Blabla bla blablablablablabla

You're still there?

What do you know about Global and its failure? You weren't there I guess.

expanded-world-time-zone-map-longitude.g

As you can plainly see, Moscow, which is on the continent of Europe, thus IN Europe, is +3 GMT, Spain, France, Germany all are +1 GMT.  Then you have East Coast North America, which is at -5.  So 5+3=8, 8 hour difference.  If you count in Western Russia, Novosibirsk, which is in WESTERN ASIA by timezone, is +5, and there is a LARGE number of players from that region also.  So you have them to draw on.  And seeing as they speak the SAME language as the Russians from Moscow, then you can draw on that.    Which now puts you at +10 hours a head of the East Coast US.

I think you are mistaking geography for Geo-political landscape.   Western Russia IS in Europe, as Europe is defined by the Ural Mountain range, which is east of Moscow.