Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

This is currently what the game is.

1. Log on game as I always do, three or four times a week.

2. Get disappointed and frustrated that player number has sunk even lower.

3. Open global chat, to see that every comment, every single damn day, is 'Is this game dead already'.

4. Respond in global chat 'No, but the devs don't seem to give it shit whether it does die'.

5. Log out because I don't want to wait over an hour for a playable match.

6. Realise that my interest in the game has been eroded slightly every time this happens.

 

I doubt I am the only player whose interest is slowly being replaced by resentment at how badly this whole project has been handled, when it had so much potential. Makes me want to grab the lead dev by the collar and shake some sense into him/her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game can't be dead before it's been alive.

You'll have to wait for release with that attitude. I'm waiting for release (or at least the inclusion of the new sailing model) before I play again, for much the same reason as you, but I don't see a point in complaining about it at this stage of development.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt if the game was released tomorrow we would have hundreds of players but how many would stick around without a tutorial? I'd rather have the tutorial, UI and events worked on for a couple of months and maybe a quick family and friend style beta, than have it rushed out and sit on a 50% review score (mainly because ppl give up when they dont know how to play it)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Callaghan said:

how badly this whole project has been handled,

!?

I admit I'm a little impatient too. We all experienced the pros and cons of EA release of OW in an unfinished state. This time they'll try to wait with an open release until it's more finished. That means we're stuck with few ppl in queue for a while I'm afraid. Adjust your expectations. There is a reason admin called us "victims". Take a break to avoid frustration. Think about how fun this will be when it's ready for everyone!

4 hours ago, Callaghan said:

3. Open global chat, to see that every comment, every single damn day, is 'Is this game dead already'.

4. Respond in global chat 'No, but the devs don't seem to give it shit whether it does die'.

Why join with the whine chorus? Help them to manage their expectations instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's just it though, I love this game and want to  play it, but I can't! There aren't enough players online to make it an enjoyable experience. One or two battles against bots are fine but it gets boring quickly. I don't care about the grind, I'm actually quite happy to max out the cutter and just have fun with that for now, but I want to play with people! How long are they going to make us wait? It's getting absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Callaghan said:

That's just it though, I love this game and want to  play it, but I can't! There aren't enough players online to make it an enjoyable experience. One or two battles against bots are fine but it gets boring quickly. I don't care about the grind, I'm actually quite happy to max out the cutter and just have fun with that for now, but I want to play with people! How long are they going to make us wait? It's getting absurd.

 

TILL THE RELEASE.

 

What is getting absurd is you crying in every possible topic about something you have no say in. This game is closed EA. You want it to be open. You don't get to decide that. It's not your call. The fact that you're not having fun? Ain't reason enough to change plans and dictate dev cycle around it.

 

It's closed EA. There won't be players. Don't like it, don't play it.

 

INB4: "But I dont like playing in closed EA so this is making me like the game less so make it open cuz I WANT TO HAVE FUN and damn your dev cycle!" ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closed EA is now an excuse for letting a game gather dust and become increasingly obsolete while noone plays it? Not even enough people to test it properly? Is that what you are trying to convince yourself of?

If you are going to disagree with me, you are going to have to come up with a reason as to why it is objectively better to have no one play the game during a test period, as opposed to actually having people test it. Until then, all of your 'inb4' nonsense is just adolescent rage at the fact that a customer notices a serious failing in the development model of a company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Callaghan said:

Closed EA is now an excuse for letting a game gather dust and become increasingly obsolete while noone plays it? Not even enough people to test it properly? Is that what you are trying to convince yourself of?

If you are going to disagree with me, you are going to have to come up with a reason as to why it is objectively better to have no one play the game during a test period, as opposed to actually having people test it. Until then, all of your 'inb4' nonsense is just adolescent rage at the fact that a customer notices a serious failing in the development model of a company.

The current test is just to see if each iteration works at the moment - we don't need hundreds of players to check if an event leaderboard or a capture circle is working. If we were testing changes to the matchmaking I'd probably agree with you though.

As I posted earlier, if the game is released before its ready it'll just get hammered by half the people for not being completed (see NA reviews) which I'm sure you'll agree would not be good for its long term health. I'm dying for the day when we have 50 cutters sailing at each other as well and hopefully it won't be too long :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Callaghan said:

a customer notices a serious failing in the development model of a company.

Oh, dear me!

Slow down, bud. Like Fellvred says most of the testing has already been done.

We're all anxious to get going with full on legends pvp. I'm in the same boat as you, pls stop rocking it or you risk falling out. :P

This will happen now: We're going to get a new content patch soon and numbers will rise moderately and then fall back. This will be repeated until proper release, only then will we get more new guys and the hibernating ones will start grinding once the xp wipe is behind us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, Callaghan said:

you are going to have to come up with a reason as to why it is objectively better to have no one play the game during a test period, as opposed to actually having people test it

 

Because you get only one shot at a release, and wasting it just to have numbers be bloated for no actual gain is insanely stupid. Closed beta with old victims included is as safe as they come, open beta means you get under a lot of scrutiny and if you missed your chance you're living with a stigma till the end.

 

I will repeat what I say every time - don't want to play closed beta, don't play it. It won't open up just because you want it to open "cuz gameplayz 'n funzies". The failure is not in the dev cycle, the failure is in you inability to curate your own expectations. At that point, you should think twice before calling others out on "adolescent rage".

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 15, 2018 at 4:34 AM, Callaghan said:

Closed EA is now an excuse for letting a game gather dust and become increasingly obsolete while noone plays it? Not even enough people to test it properly? Is that what you are trying to convince yourself of?

If you are going to disagree with me, you are going to have to come up with a reason as to why it is objectively better to have no one play the game during a test period, as opposed to actually having people test it. Until then, all of your 'inb4' nonsense is just adolescent rage at the fact that a customer notices a serious failing in the development model of a company.

No matter what they do, you have already decided that your not going to like it.  But you decide to try and force your misery on everyone no matter what is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

No matter what they do, you have already decided that your not going to like it.  But you decide to try and force your misery on everyone no matter what is done.

As more and more people get  into higher ships....   Less and Less people are playing as I predicted in November(I gave it until feb 1 before something Major has to happen).  You can't even Play NA-L and NA at the same time and truly be effective in either.  As nothing is the same in combat now.  I have throw out a bunch of ideas to make this game awesome and keep people playing it. Weeks and Weeks of streaming. I have more or less given up for now.

One major problem is NPCs in combat.  No one wants them, but no one wants to fight players in weekend stuff.  Cutting foot off when you stubbed your toe. 

Another is the only people that complain about the grind, are the ones That have not done it. It is not even close to any game on how easy it is.  But the forums are flooded with same people that complain all the time in NA doing the same thing here.    No one wants to hear that every day, every hour, here in NA-L  or on NA.  The people that do the grind have better gear than the ones that don't, that is a fact for every game with a player base.  A lot of people have been humbled in NA-L and refuse to play for that fact.

We shall see what happens over next few weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sorry, you "predicted" that playerbase will go down? Do you predict dinners and sunsets too? I mean, come on. It's a closed beta. You're trying to "fix" it being a closed beta. It's not a bug. No need fixin'.

 

And honestly

 

6 hours ago, JobaSet said:

The people that do the grind have better gear than the ones that don't, that is a fact for every game with a player base.

 

You might want to clarify and specify it to arena-vehicular-fighting games or some, though even at that narrow a scope you still will probably be wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captains please avoid personal attacks. Naval Action: Legends are in Early Access, the main goal at this stage is to test general mechanics. 

On ‎01‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 7:54 PM, Fellvred said:

No doubt if the game was released tomorrow we would have hundreds of players but how many would stick around without a tutorial? 

New player experience will be improved once player tutorial is ready to be deployed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ink said:

Captains please avoid personal attacks. Naval Action: Legends are in Early Access, the main goal at this stage is to test general mechanics. 

New player experience will be improved once player tutorial is ready to be deployed

Yea I see you removed my 1 remark responding to a troll and not the trolls personal attacks.  Great PR mate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Galileus said:

Im sorry, you "predicted" that playerbase will go down? Do you predict dinners 7 pm like every night and sunsets will be a 5:53pm  too? I mean, come on. It's a closed beta. "That is what the Channel Says if you Didn't know that We all Do" You're trying to "fix" it being a closed beta. It's not a bug. No need fixin'.  We have tested and tested mate we know what the bugs are...Some have been fixed most have not. We are not the programmers we just tell them, what don't work. Not you telling us. 

 

And honestly

 

 

You might want to clarify and specify it to arena-vehicular-fighting games or some, though even at that narrow a scope you still will probably be wrong.

I replied back to you Stupid Trolling,  But apparently i was to harsh on you and they removed it.  Needless to say you don't need to reply to any of my post ...Ever thanks.... you are just a troll.

Edited by JobaSet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs need to look at the competition for ship combat arena style games. Like world of warships, ok its WW2 based so age of sail provides people more a pirate like feel, its more realistic to. So then the next game i can think of will be Skull and bones by Ubisoft if this game is still in EA by the time that comes out then you wont have customers to bring in since they will be drawn to the shiny new game by Ubisoft.

I also dont get why the devs cant take feedback, we want the game to succeed, we invested for that reason but many feel like was waste our time telling you whats wrong. The game has so much potential no other game like it in the market at the moment, until Ubisoft brings out their game, so its time to rake in the market while there is still time.

Announce it in NA, get players from that game to try Legends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.01.2018 at 9:49 AM, Galileus said:

 

Because you get only one shot at a release, and wasting it just to have numbers be bloated for no actual gain is insanely stupid. Closed beta with old victims included is as safe as they come, open beta means you get under a lot of scrutiny and if you missed your chance you're living with a stigma till the end.

 

I will repeat what I say every time - don't want to play closed beta, don't play it. It won't open up just because you want it to open "cuz gameplayz 'n funzies". The failure is not in the dev cycle, the failure is in you inability to curate your own expectations. At that point, you should think twice before calling others out on "adolescent rage".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But why do they not add more content like more ships? It feels rushed if they took more time to add more ships and as a tester you should of spotted the problems like Cannon grind to new players. Imo the key to making this game good is make the Newbies life easier at the start, not stupidly boring and hard. Imagine fighting a Veteran player in a fully maxed ship vs your basic stock ship where you don't even know what manual sails do, cause you will get a lot of players who don't understand sail mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The go read the wiki. There is a forum section for that too. There is youtube.

 

If you're going into EA game and expect it to hold your hand, you're doing it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×