Game-Labs Forum

Losing control of ships randomly

DustyTrashenborough

Just now, Coraline Vodka said:

sounds like a ping problem. They should prolly move the server to a more balanced ping location for the whole world. @Wraith Did a very nice survey. he should be able to provide a link and sugestion of optimal server location.

I dunno. I can play other games on EU server, just this game.  And the "synchronization" problem lasted over 20mins. 

2 hours ago, DustyA said:

I dunno. I can play other games on EU server, just this game.  And the "synchronization" problem lasted over 20mins. 

Other released EU games though I get about 85 ping and almost never lag, we have to remember those servers tend to be in the UK and France too.  This one is in Germany so it's like the EU guys going to a West Coast US server and have to got through country infrastructure.  Though it would be nice upon release if they stay with one server for the main group move it some where for a better global ping for all.   I have notice my ping since the merge has gone from 135-148 in the past to around 120-128.   Though I get dropped every once in a while.  Not even an AFK boot type of drop just suddenly loose connection.  It's more rare then when I use to get the ping spikes though.  Luckly it's been when I was in ports too other than one time at sea but not in combat.  I can live with the normal ping, it's these random drops or spikes that don't seem good.