29 December 2017 patch notes

Hello Captains

We've deployed the last update for this year. It includes:

New event "Duel challenge": 

• PVP only tournament
  • 1 vs 1 battles
  • you are given 10 attempts 
  • 3 defeats drops you out of the tournament
  • if you leave the battle before the battle finishes - you are dropped from the tournament
  • battles start if there are 4 players in the balancer (to provide more variability) if it does not work during first day we will drop it to 2
  • you are given a ship for duel by the balancer (randomly Cerberus, Renommee or Frigate) to both participants

Tournament is provided for testing purposes so please help us make it better. 

Bugfixes:

• team lists on map screen now properly sort when someone is sunk
  • fixed win/lose calculations when everyone leaves a battle or after a battle is over on timeout
  • numerous other bug and stability fixes which are not usually visible to players

Other:

• all maps except ones with one point have been disabled

The rest of the time was spent on preparation of monetization systems and in game tutorial.

Happy New Year!

• Like 8

Is there any balancing over each player's ship or is there none?

Can different ships go against each other?

Can a fully upgraded and officer'd ship go against a stock one?

39 minutes ago, Galileus said:

Is there any balancing over each player's ship or is there none?

Can different ships go against each other?

Can a fully upgraded and officer'd ship go against a stock one?

In duel challenge you fight on one of the ships given you randomly by balancer, you don't use your own ships. For now balancer gives people one of these thips: Cerberus, Renommee, Frigate. You don't need to have these ships researched to participate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slik said:

In duel challenge you fight on one of the ships given you randomly by balancer, you don't use your own ships. For now balancer gives people one of these thips: Cerberus, Renommee, Frigate. You don't need to have these ships researched to participate.

So we dont know the cannons going into battle. Should be interesting.

5 hours ago, slik said:

battles start if there are 4 players in the balancer (to provide more variability) if it does not work during first day we will drop it to 2.

Had 4 in q at one point but never launched for the duel event waited 9 mins before i logged off

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

2 in queue for well over 12 min ?

jcaZzp.jpg

it is anti alt- got to have 4 in q.  And this I can see, alt could be abused(yea, I said it).  would rather have had groups of 2 or something.  To fix the wait they are going to let you q with 2 on sat but then you have someone use alts.  Most have one some have way more.

44 minutes ago, Liq said:

welp, only one in queue for half an hour

Fdbubf.jpg

yea I lasted 15 then logged off, I did get one in the books, but I not waiting like that. May have to go with a Sign up, like I had suggested for daily or hourly events only way I can see this working right.

Dude i just fought alt-f4'd 1 broadside from sinking.. Now I didn't get the kill, is that intended?

Jlr43q.jpg

Ok, I've had a lot of fun in the duels :) Too bad you can't do any more after the 10 tries you get. :(

This should become a default game mode with players being able to choose the ship they want to duel in themselves - On release with some more players, that should work out just fine. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liq said:

Ok, I've had a lot of fun in the duels :) Too bad you can't do any more after the 10 tries you get. :(

This should become a default game mode with players being able to choose the ship they want to duel in themselves - On release with some more players, that should work out just fine. :)

I like it also,  Just not liking the default ship set ups, I would love to see group fights. 2 on 2 or 3v3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I like it also,  Just not liking the default ship set ups, I would love to see group fights. 2 on 2 or 3v3

I'm sure we'll have that, server pop allowing. 

43 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I'm sure we'll have that, server pop allowing. 

Yea agreed,

But the default ships, should use our setups (build outs)we already have on that boat. 

You also don't get xp on Boat you are using

Edited by JobaSet

6 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Yea agreed,

But the default ships, should use our setups (build outs)we already have on that boat. 

You also don't get xp on Boat you are using

Same build / mods / perks for both in duels imho

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Liq said:

Same build / mods / perks for both in duels imho

Not so sure about that. Why even level ships, if it not matter at all.  Also every(all) players have weakness and strengths just like boats.  Forcing me to Captain a ship that never turns nor shoots like the ones I normally use. I can adjust most of the time, I get it. Just would rather not and may not do it fast enough. lol 

My other issue is people stop playing once they lose 1 match.  Took me almost all day Sunday to get my last match.

Edited by JobaSet

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

My other issue is people stop playing once they lose 1 match.  Took me almost all day Sunday to get my last match.

Don't forget to factor in exactly what kind of a sunday this was. 😉

Did the game get a huge performance boost or something? Getting about 120 - 140 fps on high settings now, my 165 screen likes that =)