Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JobaSet

Event Changes

@admin The solo event ever weekend is fine as is.  Just wish you would add groups and maybe Daily events.

Daily or bi-hourly event.  Randomly pick a rate or a flat br limit and let people sign up for event and pick ship.  Let us please get some big battles. Give us a chance to see what happens with 50v50 hahah. This one thing might become the biggest draw, will defiantly bring elite of the elite out to play each other.  Maybe give 10 gold to everyone that won and 5 to losers and maybe 5 more for most kills.  If you had 12 a day that not enough to effect over all game play for gold ships.  As you can already see top 10 in solo event are same people unless they don't even bother to play that weekend, that does give others a chance to make the top 10.  You add more boats for gold that will keep same people playing every weekend until they have them all and all the while some just banking gold waiting for new boats.

Should not be to hard to have a sign up for a event with a certain rate at a certain time.  I would think.  I would try it, it could work on NA type events also.

My biggest fear atm is that NA-L and NA-Ow are going to become so different so fast that its going to be self destructive for both.  If you look at all the new sailing stuff you have added to NA-Ow they are more or less different game already NOW.  I my self would think using NA-L as a test bed for battles and adjustments would make more since but, you do have to deal with the other things(self edit) you not got to deal with in NA-L well not as much anyways. 

• Like 1

daily quests are planned and actually are a priority now
we do events on weekends to have a little bit bigger participation

gold rewards and prices for ships are provided for testing (to test the mechanics) and do not represent final picture. We of course will make events popular due to more content in gold store and some mechanics moved to gold instead of silver (for example ship xp transfer or officer retraining).

ps players will always be able to earn gold in events even if it becomes a premium currency in the distant future.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

My biggest fear atm is that NA-L and NA-Ow are going to become so different so fast that its going to be self destructive for both.  If you look at all the new sailing stuff you have added to NA-Ow they are more or less different game already NOW.  I my self would think using NA-L as a test bed for battles and adjustments would make more since but, you do have to deal with the other things(self edit) you not got to deal with in NA-L well not as much anyways. 

separate team works on NAL and if changes for NA will be deemed better to the community best parts will be brought to NA-L of course.

I dont think making them the same would work in the first place.

Balancing in Legends would be horrible for OW.

After all in Legends you get to Fight roughly Equal Enemies. You can Accept a much larger Power Difference for Ships of Different Levels as both Sides will get According Ships and Numbers.

But in OW if you Balance like that the Difference of 2 even remotely different  Ships Meeting will be so Horrible lopsided that the one with the weaker Ship can just Quit straight away.

To begin with.

For OW we need BRs that are adjusted with the Upgrades. And also with the Base Wood Types etc.

A LiveOak/WhiteOak Consti having same BR as an Oak/CrewSpace Consti is ridiculous :P

Other way around. Why would you Speedmod your Ship in Legends where you go into the Fight to Battle it out.

It makes sense in OW to keep a Build for Running. But in Legends ? ^^

So no no no ^^

Its a Good thing they a working differently :P

4 hours ago, Sunleader said:

I dont think making them the same would work in the first place.

Balancing in Legends would be horrible for OW.

After all in Legends you get to Fight roughly Equal Enemies. You can Accept a much larger Power Difference for Ships of Different Levels as both Sides will get According Ships and Numbers.

But in OW if you Balance like that the Difference of 2 even remotely different  Ships Meeting will be so Horrible lopsided that the one with the weaker Ship can just Quit straight away.

To begin with.

For OW we need BRs that are adjusted with the Upgrades. And also with the Base Wood Types etc.

A LiveOak/WhiteOak Consti having same BR as an Oak/CrewSpace Consti is ridiculous :P

Other way around. Why would you Speedmod your Ship in Legends where you go into the Fight to Battle it out.

It makes sense in OW to keep a Build for Running. But in Legends ? ^^

So no no no ^^

Its a Good thing they a working differently :P

Yea I not really care about ow. Just Saying that we will have more fights close to same br in a lot shorter time for testing reasons.  Love to have all that new stuff OW has but we don't.  But I also don't see a problem with the Wasa.  My turning Inger handled 2 Fir /Fir Wasa extremely easy.  I am not sure I even lost 1/2 a side, if you add up all the damage. Liq can prob can handle one solo in his surprise, I see him on kill list enough so I assume he had to deal with it a few times.

Any way enough about OW. Don't play it anymore only got on to help a friend.

Been thinking about it, a sign up sheet ever couple of hours, but just limit the number of rates.  Not got to make is difficult.  3-6ths 3-5ths 3-4ths up to as high as they want to go, and change it up every time, something like that. 1st come 1st serve type thing.  I know people will go, wtf  what is a 6th rate suppose to do ver a 4th. Well truth be told, if played well WIN.  I have with @Simon Cadete taken out 1st rates more times than I can count.  With just  1 5th rate and 1 4th rate. Just have to have good team work.  I like the Smaller ships and have no problem(like most) to play them ver larger boats.  With people that work together.  I think it will be fun and a hell of a lot more enjoyable than the NPCs. Even if i get sunk every match, and If i did my job right, my team should be able to win(lol). Getting sunk effects nothing when it come to XP.  Putting DPS on targets wins fights and that does effect how much xp you get..