Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 14: Part 3 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

3 hours ago, rediii said:

So instead of working towards a better clangameplay with more conteng we should stick to current stuff?

Rome wasnt build in 1 day, so wasnt eve

frankly speaking I would like devs implement tools that allows clans to be a real thing and not just a chat and a warehouse open to officers. 

EVE was not built in a day for sure, but has 100x times the content of naval action.

Try not to dream too much about this game. If you fly too high with dreams, the awakening could be very disappointing.

I like naval action and still spend almost all my game time in this game, but I recognize also the limits of the project.  

11 hours ago, victor said:

frankly speaking I would like devs implement tools that allows clans to be a real thing and not just a chat and a warehouse open to officers. 

EVE was not built in a day for sure, but has 100x times the content of naval action.

Try not to dream too much about this game. If you fly too high with dreams, the awakening could be very disappointing.

I like naval action and still spend almost all my game time in this game, but I recognize also the limits of the project.  

I dont dream too much about NA, it wont get as many players as eve gets but it also doesnt need, and it cant support as many players. I heard that servers are too busy at 2500 players so thats the limit.

But 2500 in a gameworld also isnt much. You should know that.

However with the mindset of yours it wont reach them anyway because you basicly dont want to change anything I guess? Dont realy get why you argue against a change that would give more freedom and more choices in NA. Its nothing bad.

@admin

Could you please update the BR!?

Or is there anything that needs to be done before this - seemingly rather simple - adjustment?

-> serious question and no offense intended!

It’s just that quite some players are waiting for it for months now!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@admin

Or is there anything that needs to be done before this - seemingly rather simple - adjustment?

Same with hostilitymissions. Makes no yense to fight 4x 10 firstrates to get a 2400BR battle

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@admin

Please make the Prince de Neufchatel 75 BR so I can tag Endymion :)

• Like 1

On 11.1.2018 at 2:40 PM, Hethwill said:

OT: LaLaLand !!!

Hah! It may be OT but it's more on point than you might think. The fastest low-level fighter; la7 is called "lala" (with the optional post-fix "dweeb", slightly derogatory due to extreme usage). Then there's the high-alt "runstang". 😉

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

Hah! It may be OT but it's more on point than you might think. The fastest low-level fighter; la7 is called "lala" (with the optional post-fix "dweeb", slightly derogatory due to extreme usage). Then there's the high-alt "runstang". 😉

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/bookofdweeb/

• Like 1

You make "critical" hit locations that get you killed and are relatively easy to hit, you force people to use specific mods.  Masts we all know.

Leaks is another thing.  If with a good broadside I shoot 30 leaks and my enemy sinks if he does not have upgraded pump.  Why to sink?  You could make repairing longer and take more men.  Slow down the ship with leaks.

The "base" game without any critical hit locations is very good in NA.  You simplify/remove tactical part of NA with these critical locations.   The game turns so fast that you don't any more develop your victory, you simply sail next to and shoot a mast off.

Just now, Cmdr RideZ said:

Too easy.

Killing some idiot in a Lineship is easy too... should it not give marks either? So we let them all go about their merry ways and exploit farm the marks with our alts instead?

Just now, Landsman said:

Killing some idiot in a Lineship is easy too... should it not give marks either? So we let them all go about their merry ways and exploit farm the marks with our alts instead?

I did not say that.

I only said that traders are too easy targets to earn PvP marks.  So if you take a player trader, you do that for possible cargo.

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

you do that for possible cargo

Except gold barely has any value and people pay in rare upgrades / books and pvp marks... I don't want to haul some garbage back to port, I sink anything to hurt the enemies eco and get marks...

You get better cargo from NPC sometimes btw...

Edited by Landsman

I would like an indication when the wind changes such as a whistle.  The captain would know of a wind change immediately.  It's awful risky sailing a line ship short of beamreach when you cant out-turn the wind and watching the compass to see if its moving is kind of distracting.

• Like 2

Potential fixes for sound issues and Ingermanland capsize bug were applied.

Please continue to report those cases if you still experience it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Ink said:

Prezydent-pozdrowil-uczestnikow-Sylwestra-z-Andrzejem-Duda-FOTO.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Please continue to report those cases if you still experience it.

... is the sound bug of the terrible, permanent nois after ramming someone in a battle included in the fixes?

Its difficult to make an F11 report during the battle. 

3 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

... is the sound bug of the terrible, permanent nois after ramming someone in a battle included in the fixes?

Its difficult to make an F11 report during the battle. 

Record video, upload it. F11 at any time and on the bug description add the link to said video.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, jodgi said:

Man I hadn't heard those terms in a long time....

• Like 1