Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 14: Part 3 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

When both sides of the coin are equally pissed, its a good sign.

:wub:

3 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

For players like the people in Prussia, we don’t want a “big” nation. And the reason for that is due to the lack of a true “pirate” mechanic. Before when I was hunting as a pirate i played for myself. If I was hunting somewhere and I found in combat news that another pirate was here hunting in same area as me I would go and find this pirate and try to kill him or chase him out of my territory. Being in Prussia is basically the same thing, lower population and less of a chance I have to compete with someone. Prussian nation for the most part doesn’t enjoy super massive gank groups like those who play in other nations, and simply we try to avoid it unless we are getting attacked by another nation trying to raise hostility in our small mutual beloved ports we own. You basically turn what it used to be like as an outlaw being there was 700 people online, 699 want to kill you. Those who are in Prussia actually love the idea of living out of free towns. If i was forced to be in a large nation, I’d basically turn my odds of actually finding pvp into a 25% chance instead of a 90% chance.

Thats exactly why you and za4s should love a clan/alliance based system more than a national based system. You can attack everyone if you want or create a big empire of your alliance or just get 5 ports and stop conquest its fully up to you.

Take it on the "historical" side of things.

Example: France, with multiple corsair organizations during the royal period and the revolutionary/napolenics. Each armateur and corsairs had their own plans.

That's what we have. A nation with multiple clans. Each clan can have its own agenda, with more or less love for the king and country.

Don't reinvent the wheel.

• Like 5

Just now, Hethwill said:

Take it on the "historical" side of things.

France, with multiple corsair organizations.

That's what we have.

A nation with multiple clans.

Each clan can have its own agenda, with more or less love for the king and country.

Don't reinvent the wheel.

so one side of france supports GB the others attacks GB but the 2 french sides magically cant fight eachother

In our system you would create the Prussian Alliance.  Maybe decorate your own cool flag.  You can add the clans you want to it, kick out the rest.  Your target ratio goes up.  No more cater to people within your nation that offer you nothing.  Don't like em?  Sink them.  

Frankly if @rediii both agree on something you know it's a good idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Thats exactly why you and za4s should love a clan/alliance based system more than a national based system. You can attack everyone if you want or create a big empire of your alliance or just get 5 ports and stop conquest its fully up to you.

How is that any different from what we have now?  If/when we get zero-ported, we will simply re-group and find another suitable target to support our small faction.  

The great thing about being a small nation is that we have small goals, which allow us time to do the fun stuff: PvP

• Like 1

Just now, rediii said:

so one side of france supports GB the others attacks GB but the 2 french sides magically cant fight eachother

They can. They simple have to forfeit France and join GB. It is a clan decision.

• Like 1

Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

How is that any different from what we have now?  If/when we get zero-ported, we will simply re-group and find another suitable target to support our small faction.  

The great thing about being a small nation is that we have small goals, which allow us time to do the fun stuff: PvP

What do you do if HRE and CABAL decides to join prussia and make it no small faction anymore?

Or if the game is localized and suddently 500 germans join prussia?

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

How can BF prevent a swedish russian alliance? I dont get you

The chance of backstabbing. Read admins comment. Player interaction includes deals. Deals can be broken because of different povs. Like BF has different povs to agreements between sweden and rest of danish nation. That creates tension. When you rally all equal thinking clans under one flag you get a boring alliance system we tested before. Only tension keeps the game alive, interesting and unpredictable.

• Like 1

Welcome to the sausage grinder of diplomacy in your MMO "sandbox"....

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

They can. They simple have to forfeit France and join GB. It is a clan decision.

They cant because not everyone has forged papers for example

Just now, rediii said:

They cant because not everyone has forged papers for example

They will, in the future ( IIRC they will be sold ). Let's finish the testing.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

The chance of backstabbing. Read admins comment. Player interaction includes deals. Deals can be broken because of different povs. Like BF has different povs to agreements between sweden and rest of danish nation. That creates tension. When you rally all equal thinking clans under one flag you get a boring alliance system we tested before. Only tension keeps the game alive, interesting and unpredictable.

It axtually doesnt create any tension. Its just a annoyance because gamemechanics are bad 

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

In our system you would create the Prussian Alliance.  Maybe decorate your own cool flag.  You can add the clans you want to it, kick out the rest.  Your target ratio goes up.  No more cater to people within your nation that offer you nothing.  Don't like em?  Sink them.  

Frankly if @rediii both agree on something you know it's a good idea.

Good idea for the biggest rvr clans yes. that is what you are telling all the time. Thats why i said "Thank you" all you want is to create the super rvr alliance and rule the server. what is restricting you currently are different thinking clans in your nation.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

They will, in the future ( IIRC they will be sold ). Let's finish the testing.

Even then many still want to fly the french flag.

Atm you just force people to play together that dont want to play together not much more

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Good idea for the biggest rvr clans yes. that is what you are telling all the time.

your situation would have zero change..... lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Good idea for the biggest rvr clans yes. that is what you are telling all the time.

You will realize its a good idea if the NA server hits 2000 players consequently and prussia isnt small anymore.

Once localization is in a lot more germans will join the game and join prussia if you like it or not

Just now, rediii said:

You will realize its a good idea if the NA server hits 2000 players consequently and prussia isnt small anymore.

Once localization is in a lot more germans will join the game and join prussia if you like it or not

Tbh i would welcome that. Less work for me. Could enjoy the game more.

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

Tbh i would welcome that. Less work for me. Could enjoy the game more.

tbh I think youndont realy get the idea and what would happen.

The things you think would happen can happen right now aswell. HRE could also just join russia or russia can sweden.

The bad part is that russia or sweden cant do shit about it. if your nation gets invaded by other clans and players your only chance is to leave the nation aswell.

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

mechanical alliances were great on paper but they killed real player interaction (in an MMO). 

voted mechanical alliances ARE NOT COMING BACK. Players will have to open their mouth and talk with people in RL like age of sail politicians had to. with their mouths.

Naval Action is an experience. So go out and ally with people using conversational skills if you want to ally with people :)

• Like 5

tbh I think youndont realy get the idea and what would happen.

The things you think would happen can happen right now aswell. HRE could also just join russia or russia can sweden.

Pls do it show me that it is possible. But i guess there are some folks in russia or sweden that let you think twice to do so.

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

What do you do if HRE and CABAL decides to join prussia and make it no small faction anymore?

Or if the game is localized and suddently 500 germans join prussia?

Nothing.  The goal of the "nation" may change, depending on what players as a group decide.  But as a clan, we already know what our core goals are/will be.  Provide a place for easy access to "Admiralty" function for new members and attempt to gain access to as many important resources as we can.  Everything AFTER that is just RvR for the sake of "pew pew".  If the 500 other players of HRE and CABAL want more, then we can decide as a clan how much we wish to contribute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

mechanical alliances were great on paper but they killed real player interaction (in an MMO). 

voted mechanical alliances ARE NOT COMING BACK. Players will have to open their mouth and talk with people in RL like age of sail politicians had to. with their mouths. 

What about clan alliances outside of their respective nations? 

Just now, admin said:

This is actually what me and @Christendom suggest here. 

Conquest by alliance

Alliance consisting of clans

Clans consisting of players of any nation

Everyone can agtack everyone if not in same clan and/or alliance(if clan has no alliance)