Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Callaghan

Communicate with your players/customers better.

Recommended Posts

Currently there are thirty players on the server at peak times. I understand that the decision has been made to keep it a closed beta and I imagine that decision is final for now. Has game-labs considered the possibility, however, that most owners of Naval Action do not check the forums regularly and have absolutely no idea that they have Naval Action Legends in their steam library? I only came by the forums purely by chance, and noticed the Legends topics by chance. At that point I still didn't know it was in my steam library and I had to ask around a bit to find this out. Well no wonder no one is bloody playing it, they don't even know it exists. I'm not saying spend millions on a marketing campaign, I'm saying communicate with your existing consumers and let them know that Legends exists, you would probably increase the server population tenfold with minimal effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Callaghan said:

Currently there are thirty players on the server at peak times. I understand that the decision has been made to keep it a closed beta and I imagine that decision is final for now. Has game-labs considered the possibility, however, that most owners of Naval Action do not check the forums regularly and have absolutely no idea that they have Naval Action Legends in their steam library? I only came by the forums purely by chance, and noticed the Legends topics by chance. At that point I still didn't know it was in my steam library and I had to ask around a bit to find this out. Well no wonder no one is bloody playing it, they don't even know it exists. I'm not saying spend millions on a marketing campaign, I'm saying communicate with your existing consumers and let them know that Legends exists, you would probably increase the server population tenfold with minimal effort.

one email to everyone would do it in NA ow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxIslander said:

Actually most of us know about the game NAL, its just that ... i, for one, am tired of grinding that basic cutter.

It's like 2-3 battles to get into a Brig unless I'm misunderstanding you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Callaghan said:

Currently there are thirty players on the server at peak times. I understand that the decision has been made to keep it a closed beta and I imagine that decision is final for now. Has game-labs considered the possibility, however, that most owners of Naval Action do not check the forums regularly and have absolutely no idea that they have Naval Action Legends in their steam library? I only came by the forums purely by chance, and noticed the Legends topics by chance. At that point I still didn't know it was in my steam library and I had to ask around a bit to find this out. Well no wonder no one is bloody playing it, they don't even know it exists. I'm not saying spend millions on a marketing campaign, I'm saying communicate with your existing consumers and let them know that Legends exists, you would probably increase the server population tenfold with minimal effort.

Spot on. I was told a while back that they were going to release this game by a friend. After waiting and looking for some time I accidently came across it in my Steam games. If I hadn't I probably wouldn't know it was there to this day. A very poor job of informing what should be their best customers...the ones they already have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rosebud2 said:

Spot on. I was told a while back that they were going to release this game by a friend. After waiting and looking for some time I accidently came across it in my Steam games. If I hadn't I probably wouldn't know it was there to this day. A very poor job of informing what should be their best customers...the ones they already have. 

You also need to understand that NA-ow and NA-L are 2 different games.

NA is more about politics than battles, Yea they will cry that they can't find Battles,  But they really don't want them.  Look at all the nerfs and the complaining about anything and everything to make it fair. (when really it was so they could get away)  They have done this for years and now get to play what they have now. 

Even now the game play in NA-L is going to hit a wall very soon, (I figure Feb 1)because a lot of the so call fixes in NA are going to have the opposite effect in NA-L.  This is going to be a slap in the face to most when more get into Line ships.  The few that are here already see it and it is like a huge elephant in the room. 

You also have to understand that a lot of the ones, that think they are/were good at pvp, because they never left a port unless in large groups or in a Basic cutter don't want to know how bad they really are in pvp.  They will never step foot in NA-L..... Or blame it on something they don't want to do again.......I figure by end of Jan we will start to see major differences between NA-ow and NA-L.  In battles/matches/port battles.  This is going to be bad for both games as a whole in long run.  

Prime example right here:

 

Edited by JobaSet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 5:46 PM, Blackjack Morgan said:

It's like 2-3 battles to get into a Brig unless I'm misunderstanding you?

Then its about 10 games while your struggle to upgrade you guns because you start with 4lbers again instead of keeping the 6s you get from the cutter, 10 games where the MM atm puts u up against things like Snows and Mercs.

 

Brig vs a Snow? Yea you can see who wins that one.

Edited by ironhammer500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

Then its about 10 games while your struggle to upgrade you guns because you start with 4lbers again instead of keeping the 6s you get from the cutter, 10 games where the MM atm puts u up against things like Snows and Mercs.

 

Brig vs a Snow? Yea you can see who wins that one.

oh trust me I'm not a fan of the cannon grind in NAL....already posted about that in a different thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

oh trust me I'm not a fan of the cannon grind in NAL....already posted about that in a different thread.

Not just the cannon grind its the lack of ships i came on from NA expecting most of the ships to be in legends but at least 50% are missing and they cant say they will be prem ships cause that is just silly.

Prem ships should be named famous ships like Tea clipper or The bounty. 

Edited by ironhammer500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×