Game-Labs Forum

Low fps on decent PC

Jartim

So I just bought the game yesterday and I get about 25-40 fps with eveything on max detail, any idea why my fps might be that bad?

my specs should be enough for these setting I hope:

i7 5820k, 2 gtx 970s in sli and 16gb ram.

Anybody got an idea? might it be because of the sli?

1 hour ago, Jartim said:

So I just bought the game yesterday and I get about 25-40 fps with eveything on max detail, any idea why my fps might be that bad?

my specs should be enough for these setting I hope:

i7 5820k, 2 gtx 970s in sli and 16gb ram.

Anybody got an idea? might it be because of the sli?

switch off the antialiasing
and put water on medium.

53 minutes ago, admin said:

switch off the antialiasing
and put water on medium.

I would turn off Vsync, but with two 970's he should be getting better than my one 980 and I run three monitors and still get around 50-70 FPS with every thing else on max settings.

Also check to see if your computer has an on board graphics card and make sure it's not trying to run the game with that graphics card instead.  I had a few games do that as I run off a gaming laptop and it has a 980M but I run an external 980 for games when I'm home on the big 4K screen, some times it try's to run the on board graphics card for the mother board instead of either of the 980's and I have to go in and manual switch it to the better cards for the games.

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Resolution?

I run the game at 1080p only, nothing too fancy^^

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captain, firstly try to turn off SLI for the game->check; if this did not help then try to turn antialiasing off

I tried running it with sli disabled and got about the same fps, will try without antialising and lower water detail next

edit. well it certainly is a lot more playable with those lowered, but is there really no other way to get better fps with that setup?

still thanks tho :)

Edited by Jartim
had to update my answer

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would turn off Vsync, but with two 970's he should be getting better than my one 980 and I run three monitors and still get around 50-70 FPS with every thing else on max settings.

Also check to see if your computer has an on board graphics card and make sure it's not trying to run the game with that graphics card instead.  I had a few games do that as I run off a gaming laptop and it has a 980M but I run an external 980 for games when I'm home on the big 4K screen, some times it try's to run the on board graphics card for the mother board instead of either of the 980's and I have to go in and manual switch it to the better cards for the games.

I am currently running the game without vsync, so it shouldn't have anything to do with that, also, it definetly won't run off any intel graphics card as the i7 5000 lineup didn't come with integrated graphics

vsync - off

antialasing - off 

water- medium

]---------------------------------------------

I personally have water on Low + Reflections Low, not off. (creates glass effect- very beautiful), FXAA - off and everything else maxed out. 110 fps. Also, it's easier to aim with no waves. ;)

Edited by Seraphic Radiance