Game-Labs Forum

Changing the weekly conquest competition

Hello Devs and Captains!

With the pending changes to victory marks (no longer convertible) I believe that the conquest competition has to be changed, to avoid past problems. With these changes, small nations will become weaker and weaker by every passing week, while the big RVR nations will become stronger.

The conquest game itself has moved from a national game to a clan based game. So why is the rewards still based on the nation?

My suggestions is to make victory marks a clan commodity instead of how they work now. (Numbers and values are suggestions and can be changed.)

This suggestion is outside the competition itself.

If a clan holds 1 to 3 ports they will get 1 victory mark.
2-5 ports: 2 victory marks
etc etc etc...

These victory marks will go to the clan warehouse instead of to the players.

And for the conquest competition:

The national conquest competition remains, but also awards the top 3 nations.
Victory marks are once again rewarded to all clans (excludes the clans created during that weeks competition, to avoid abuse) of the winning nation.

Clans in the 1st place nation receives 3 victory marks.
Clans in the 2nd place nation receives 2 victory marks.
Clans in the 3rd place nation receives 1 victory mark.

These victory marks will go to the clan warehouse instead of to the players.

With my suggestion, every clan will have access to victory marks (if they hold a port). This also gives another reason for owning ports, even ports that provide no tax income.
This will assure that small nations can still do RVR and have access to the perks that victory marks brings.

Please leave opinions and suggestions.

Edited by Demsity

7 minutes ago, Demsity said:

This also gives another reason for owning ports, even ports that provide no tax income

This needs to be changed. Ports need to be valuable again in terms of "having something that my nation/clan needs, that is why i am conquering".

This system of "point related conquering" doesn`t work anymore, that is why many players consider RvR as boring.

Ports have no value, so why owning them if they cause only costs.

As an example, everyone may take a look at Cartagena tax income :) ( which is madness anyway)

Victory marks as reward, can not motivate anyone to actively participate in combat.

47 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Victory marks as reward, can not motivate anyone to actively participate in combat.

they can

we just need to withstand the initial hate storms. re-introduciton of pvp marks (that were hated initially) went fine after they were introduced the second time. same will happen with victory marks. Nations will understand that they have to unite and work together instead of sitting on their ass in pve on a conquest server

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

they can

we just need to withstand the initial hate storms. re-introduciton of pvp marks (that were hated initially) went fine after they were introduced the second time. same will happen with victory marks. Nations will understand that they have to unite and work together instead of sitting on their ass in pve on a conquest server

I watch recent report of Statistical Institute of Inagua and don't understand where Great Britain earned 27 919 274  to keep 62 ports.

I suppose they sitting on their ass in pve on a conquest server.

Could you explain me is it possible to earn 27 mln in PVP?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, admin said:

they can

Why unite with other nations when only the winner gets marks?

Just now, Intrepido said:

Unite? How?

Unity was something we could do before, not anymore. We cant reinforce any PB of any nation thanks to the removal of alliances.

1 minute ago, Stepp636 said:

Unite with other clans within your nation. Nations have to unite within themselves first. 

20 minutes ago, admin said:

they can

Why is a bellona 150 pvp marks and the pLGV as well? what is the relation? PvP marks arent fine. They are just the lesser of all evil that is currently ingame. Make the Wasa a pvp mark ship only and you will see how balanced pvp marks are.

Edited by z4ys

8 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I watch recent report of Statistical Institute of Inagua and don't understand where Great Britain earned 27 919 274  to keep 62 ports.

I suppose they sitting on their ass in pve on a conquest server.

Could you explain me is it possible to earn 27 mln in PVP?

I do two hostility missions (4th rates) with a buddy I make about 2 million easlly off those missions to flip a port.  Now bring in four of us and lets flip a 1st rate and I make about the same.  It's honestly not that hard to make a couple million in one night if you want to just grind the PvE.  62 ports is not 27 million cost.  It's only 6,200,000 or 12,400,000 if you have port timers than ad or minus any perks you have.  On GLOBAL BLACK had 25 ports total that cost us around 25 million.  We made enough off those ports that we had to pay about 600K on average a day for upkeep.   That was cake walk to make and every one chipped in money. Hell we had one of the Chinese players come over and drop 100 million in our clan warehouse so we didn't have to even worry about it up to the merge which I think we had got down to half of that.  If your clan can't up keep the ports and timer cost than maybe you have way to many ports.  Cut your lost and drop the none important ones or don't bitch when they get flipped in your off time if they weren't set to your clans prime time.  You don't have to own every port out there after all.

1 minute ago, Stepp636 said:

This is why it needs to be the top three nations if anything.

Just now, Intrepido said:

There are some nations like the dutch, prussians... that dont have the rvr playerbase. They cant unite when there is no one to play with.

When new players arrive and see how weak their nation is, they have 2 options:

Leave the game.

Use forged papers.

Just think which one could be the most popular.

New players don't have forged papers so they just leave the game.

23 minutes ago, admin said:

they can

As I remember there were many people who advocated for return of PvP marks (including me). There is now noone saying bringing VM in a current form is a good idea.

This is a death blow to small nations. You will see people leaving really soon. They won't leave to other nations, most will just leave.

The shame is that I put my effort and time into building a community in Commonwealth. With this change, you'll quickly destroy what I was building for a long time. Maybe you'll realize it's a bad system and revert it after a few weeks. The problem though is that by then we won't have any players to rebuild our nation.

• Like 1

I am not lobbying for easy access ships nor an easy game. But this game went in the state to be a casual player game. Now we get hardcore stuff back. Nobody needs to be a genius to know what will happen.

Make it a hardcore game or make it casual game but a mix dont work.

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Why is a bellona 150 pvp marks and the pLGV as well? what is the relation? PvP marks arent fine. They are just the lesser of all evil that is currently ingame. Make the Wasa a pvp mark ship only and you will see how balanced pvp marks are.

Balance in this game is absent. Many things do not make sense at all I agree. For example if they made 1st rates hard to get game would change, but now everyone sails them and makes millions. Where is balance here? It's just silly design.

It must be something like this:

-Rank up

-Get required skills to sail 1st rate ship + Books <--- PvE infused content

-Get all required items (drops) + materials <--- PvE infused content

-Build the ship

-Insure it

-Participate in organized battles and enjoy the pure Adrenaline. 

Here we have a perfect balanced loop. Player works toward something that is going to be valued, but he can insure it and risk it. Sink? No problem Insurance helped me out a little,  I will grind a little and get it back in 1-2 months or I pay (millions) to Fleet people who sell the drops. If nation lost 5 x1st rates it would be big, but now it's just another boring battle. 1-2 rates are easily acquired and it achieves nothing. @admin‌‌‌ count how many 1st rates are now present on your server and tell me if it's good or bad. I bet they reach 1000s of ships, while it should be maximum around 150 for all nations combined. Balance? Where is the sink that can reduce that number to 150?

If 1st-2nd rates could only be acquired through hard work and luck then you would have 1000s of Viewers watching your every port battle. Watching someone loose a fkn 1st Rate would not be the same anymore! It would be millions lost and damage done to that Nation. Simply Epic. 

This game is not attractive enough. Take this as a friendly suggestion. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

16 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Twice did the united nations reduce the black scourge back to Mortimer, in the past. Of course they can.

But were those united nations handicapped by not having access to a whole superior class of ships the scourge had?

18 hours ago, admin said:

they can

If you would provide us again a mechanic which allows clans/nations to ally again.....?

Edited by Cortez

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

But were those united nations handicapped by not having access to a whole superior class of ships the scourge had?

On one occasion everyone could capture all ships.

Second offensive was asymmetric due to head count. Pirates were overflowing with people ( everyone could change to pirates by attacking a npc of the same nation ).

So many pirates abandoned the black and returned to nations or ... sigh... stopped playing.

In any case, personally, was the most challenging and epic times to be under the black.