Game-Labs Forum

PVP servers merge

Devs, though I do greatly pine for the lost ships (Had I known I would have redeemed them.) I move on. Otherwise I think it went well and also think it was the right decision. We have needed a single PVP server for quite awhile. On the subject of Forged Papers I think this way should be scraped and a quest be made for those who want to move at the end of which they would meet the scoundrel who will sell them one. It needs to be dangerous and spooky. 

I logged in ~20:00 srvr time (in my country that was ~21:00). I noticed only 560 players. Why i say only? Because before server merge annoucment in this time on server were logged in ~500 players. Whats more, after every big change players number was increasing for a week, maybe two. That means the server merge was pointless. Right now we must spend more money for ports to set time frames, and that means: MORE GRIND! I love doing PvE to be able to do RvR. And there is no way to not spend this money, because then you will see: NIGHTFLIPS! Like today for Hat Island and like before creating European server. Thank you very much devs, for months there was only one thing in this game which kept me in and it was RvR. Right now you totally f*cked it up. As I see you have no idea how to keep players in game and you are forcing bigger groups (EU server players) to keep smaller (Global server players). That wont work. I stopped playing with annoucment, right now i see that i made a good decision. GL with destroying your own product, o7.

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikocen said:

I logged in ~20:00 srvr time (in my country that was ~21:00). I noticed only 560 players. Why i say only? Because before server merge annoucment in this time on server were logged in ~500 players. Whats more, after every big change players number was increasing for a week, maybe two. That means the server merge was pointless. Right now we must spend more money for ports to set time frames, and that means: MORE GRIND! I love doing PvE to be able to do RvR. And there is no way to not spend this money, because then you will see: NIGHTFLIPS! Like today for Hat Island and like before creating European server. Thank you very much devs, for months there was only one thing in this game which kept me in and it was RvR. Right now you totally f*cked it up. As I see you have no idea how to keep players in game and you are forcing bigger groups (EU server players) to keep smaller (Global server players). That wont work. I stopped playing with annoucment, right now i see that i made a good decision. GL with destroying your own product, o7.

you know what, you either set timers or defend the port, given the fact that the swedes set timers on most ports but not hat island was odd but we were looking to have a good fight which we did since the swedes had adequate numbers to defend they simply lost this battle, to then blame this loss on the devs makes no sense, there is a mechanic in place if you then decide to not use it and cry about the fact that people do something that the mechanic protects you from makes no sense and if you are saying that you can't afford all ports that also isn't the devs issue, how about you just take less ports if you can't defend them all or stop crying about the fact that you can't

Edited by amplify
ps. if you don't play the game i don't care about what you think
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

You should care for oppinions from people not playing the game because the reason they stopped playing is probably the reason of many others aswell that stopped playing. Its just a loud oppinion on 10ths or more of people that stopped silently.

Think about it. ;)

maybe but if you don't play you're opininion matters less then actual players since they actually play and know what's going on but this is switching from the topic i commented on and the point i made which is unnecessary blaming the devs for the failure of defending a port

Edited by amplify

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

You should care for oppinions from people not playing the game because the reason they stopped playing is probably the reason of many others aswell that stopped playing. Its just a loud oppinion on 10ths or more of people that stopped silently.

Think about it. ;)

Does not necessarily apply. Opinions of players that left the game long enough would be less compelling to act on, as they are not actively changing the game state, and furthermore implementing any conflicting ideas between former and existing players idea can lead to losing the current players while not necessarily ensuring the return of those who left. Lastly, with enough changes issues that were raised by those who left might have been remedied through means not suggested by them, if they are not fully aware of it, their suggestions could counteract other mechanics in the game. 

15 minutes ago, amplify said:

you know what, you either set timers or defend the port, given the fact that the swedes set timers on most ports but not hat island was odd but we were looking to have a good fight which we did since the swedes had adequate numbers to defend they simply lost this battle, to then blame this loss on the devs makes no sense, there is a mechanic in place if you then decide to not use it and cry about the fact that people do something that the mechanic protects you from makes no sense and if you are saying that you can't afford all ports that also isn't the devs issue, how about you just take less ports if you can't defend them all or stop crying about the fact that you can't

I'd also like to add that this does make the RvR more interesting as clans have to decide which ports they can afford to keep, and we'll see more rapid changes on the world map. Clan would still have 22-24 hours to rally their members and only fight at times which is most convenient for them. I'd also like to point out that in other sandbox game, unless some exploits (bugs, hacks) are used the Devs would let the population to resolve itself. For the game state to reach some equilibrium.

Edited by PenguPirate
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, amplify said:

If you are interest in discussing about hay island pb, enjoy battles results topic in careibean news. I have no need to add anything because numbers are telling for me. Before server split annoucment on pvp1 we had 700-800 players online. After annoucment only 200-300. When EU server appeared we had big boom and online came more than 1k players (in apogeum 1200). On global numbers were smaller but not small. You got more than 600 players. Then players number decreased to final and stable ~500 players online on EU server in prime time. After server merge we got only ~600. Anplify, i dont care what you would say, numbers are on my side. People enjoyed server split idea, they came back to the game because of that. Then they stopped playing because of lack of activities, no because EU server was a failure. Whatsmore, it was global which had much less players online. After merge we didnt have big boom, we some players came back, some stopped playing. If you dont see that you should buy new glasses. Devs should focus on interesting activities, but they decided to merge server. It wasnt a way to get more players and yesterday i had a prove of that.

Just now, Mikocen said:

If you are interest in discussing about hay island pb, enjoy battles results topic in careibean news. I have no need to add anything because numbers are telling for me. Before server split annoucment on pvp1 we had 700-800 players online. After annoucment only 200-300. When EU server appeared we had big boom and online came more than 1k players (in apogeum 1200). On global numbers were smaller but not small. You got more than 600 players. Then players number decreased to final and stable ~500 players online on EU server in prime time. After server merge we got only ~600. Anplify, i dont care what you would say, numbers are on my side. People enjoyed server split idea, they came back to the game because of that. Then they stopped playing because of lack of activities, no because EU server was a failure. Whatsmore, it was global which had much less players online. After merge we didnt have big boom, we some players came back, some stopped playing. If you dont see that you should buy new glasses. Devs should focus on interesting activities, but they decided to merge server. It wasnt a way to get more players and yesterday i had a prove of that.

we in the end had maybe a hundred during prime time and from what i know eu was around 5 to 6 hundred adding global numbers to those = current numbers.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Its not that we dont play since 5 patches. Changes arent that much, me and mikocen missed only the servermerge patch which changed hostilitytimers and thats it. So yes our oppinion does matter like yours tbh

Yes, you are right. Server merge is not as big change like server split which gave more changes to the game. But it still support my point of view in which devs should focus on game mechanics, not on merging servers.

Just now, Mikocen said:

Yes, you are right. Server merge is not as big change like server split which gave more changes to the game. But it still support my point of view in which devs should focus on game mechanics, not on merging servers.

the devs should focus on getting people to play the game more and not on people who cry about losing a pb and then blame it on mechanics that were in place to solve the issue 

~ that's where i will end this from my side i am not going to waste any more of my time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no EU or Global server anymore. One world - one server. 

On this one world if sun shines over me guys around me dont see moon. In one city is one time zone. If somebody is attacking my city we see the same sun possition on the sky. One world, one time zone for each place.

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikocen said:

On this one world if sun shines over me guys around me dont see moon. In one city is one time zone. If somebody is attacking my city we see the same sun possition on the sky. One world, one time zone for each place.

One year trying that people undestand this, but.............  We can't play togheter if we can't fight togheter............ If we can't not coincide at the same moment in the same fight is stupid try to play together in the same map........... But in global server population are so low.....

That has just two possibilities......

1 Play with global timmers.... so EU can't play

2 Play EU timmers......... Global people can't play.....

People fighting in forum will be next step prior to the fall of population.............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alvar Fanez de Minaya said:

One year trying that people undestand this, but.............  We can't play togheter if we can't fight togheter............ If we can't not coincide at the same moment in the same fight is stupid try to play together in the same map........... But in global server population are so low.....

That has just two possibilities......

1 Play with global timmers.... so EU can't play

2 Play EU timmers......... Global people can't play.....

People fighting in forum will be next step prior to the fall of population.............

And why can't EU play?  I just don't get why EU can't play with global timers....that you can set for you time zone.  SO that means any one has to fight in your prime time.  If you loose a port cause you couldn't defend it than it doesn't matter if you lost it to a SEA, US or EU clan you defended it in your prime time and lost it.   Move on and defend what you can keep.  Now if you loose a port cause you didn't set a timer or put it in an off time than well that is your fault too for not setting the timer or having enough players during that time.  EU still has more players than most other time zones so I don't see how this magically means ya'll can't play any more.  You just need to protect your interest and not spread out to much and not set ports in time zones you can't defend properly.  This goes for any Clan/Nation of players and ports owned. If you can't afford an extra 100K per port than maybe you shouldn't own half your ports than.  Time to down size or do some more grinding to earn money.

29 minutes ago, admin said:

There is no EU or Global server anymore. One world - one server. 

True.

but the Swedish forgot ;

they forgot that there was a fifth collone somewhere

I carved myself a nice carved wooden loooong plank :)

Edited by Thonys

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And why can't EU play?  I just don't get why EU can't play with global timers....that you can set for you time zone.  SO that means any one has to fight in your prime time.  If you loose a port cause you couldn't defend it than it doesn't matter if you lost it to a SEA, US or EU clan you defended it in your prime time and lost it.   Move on and defend what you can keep.  Now if you loose a port cause you didn't set a timer or put it in an off time than well that is your fault too for not setting the timer or having enough players during that time.  EU still has more players than most other time zones so I don't see how this magically means ya'll can't play any more.  You just need to protect your interest and not spread out to much and not set ports in time zones you can't defend properly.  This goes for any Clan/Nation of players and ports owned. If you can't afford an extra 100K per port than maybe you shouldn't own half your ports than.  Time to down size or do some more grinding to earn money.

Nice logic mate, so the gameplay for EU is only play defense and protect the ports. And if you lose once you are hello kittyed and the port is gone for as long as the enemy pays for the timer.

Fun game.

• Like 3