Game-Labs Forum
Ink

PVP servers merge

It is a shame because so many times folks asked about the future of redeemables from the Global server and the question never seemed to get answered.

58 minutes ago, z4ys said:

were only assets transfered or redeemables on global server as well? because i am mission 2 aggies of my global char

Captains, this issue is under investigation, please hold on till tomorrow

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Farrago said:

It is a shame because so many times folks asked about the future of redeemables from the Global server and the question never seemed to get answered.

to be fair, most people seem to only be missing a couple or so forged papers and a couple of redeemable aggies, everything else of mine ( clan bank ... everything...) is all there

my guess is that the free redeemables we were recently given have overwritten somehow the same redeemables we were given on the other server but thats my best guess

1 minute ago, Vizzini said:

to be fair, most people seem to only be missing a couple or so forged papers and a couple of redeemable aggies, everything else of mine ( clan bank ... everything...) is all there

True. And it’s not really a big deal for me but one of my alts has been bitching to me all day because he hoped to one day use the forged papers to defect away from me. (He says I snore.)

But seriously, good job Devs. By the lack of complaints I’m assuming most people got their good stuff. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, congogrey said:

Sirs, What is the process if your character name on Global is the same name as that on Caribbean?

Don't redeem items. Delete, rename, redeem items. Items stored on your Steam account (grand bank) and not on characters.

If you did redeem items (stored on character) and deleted, items will be lost unless you give them to your alt or friend who will return them back when you come back. In this case redeemed xp will be lost forever if toon is deleted. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

Captains, we apologize but only assets linked to steam id were possible to transfer, server redeems such as ships from the May wipe were not transferred. As the server has been closed. Same with sealed bottles. sealed bottles were server based (map spot and such) and could not be transferred

Sorry for inconveniences, we hope players from Global PVP will quickly recover those wipe ships and sealed bottles

4 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, we apologize but only assets linked to character were possible to transfer, server redeems such as ships from the May wipe were not transferred.

Sorry for inconveniences, we hope players from Global PVP will recover from it.

one more forged paper for everyone would be nice. at least for @Liq

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, we apologize but only assets linked to steam id were possible to transfer, server redeems such as ships from the May wipe were not transferred. As the server has been closed. Same with sealed bottles. sealed bottles were server based (map spot and such) and could not be transferred

Sorry for inconveniences, we hope players from Global PVP will quickly recover those wipe ships and sealed bottles

It would have helped if we had been told this in advance. The question was asked enough times. It is not a huge loss but it was unnecessary and could easily have been avoided if people had been told in advance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ink said:

1 hour ago, Stepp636 said:

one more forged paper for everyone would be nice. at least for @Liq

I second this. A round of forged papers passes on to us again would be welcomed

Edited by PenguPirate
  • Like 1

Rather than giving forged papers to everyone each time, how about making them tradeable?

I will never have any use of them - i will stay in Sweden until the end of days.

• Like 5

Everything came across except the following.

Forged Papers

The 2 redeamable Agga's

No worries if they not coming, had them also on EU server anyway :)

3 hours ago, PenguPirate said:

I second this. A round of forged papers passes on to us again would be welcomed

I agree, the papers would be a nice compensation for many of us.

Devs, though I do greatly pine for the lost ships (Had I known I would have redeemed them.) I move on. Otherwise I think it went well and also think it was the right decision. We have needed a single PVP server for quite awhile. On the subject of Forged Papers I think this way should be scraped and a quest be made for those who want to move at the end of which they would meet the scoundrel who will sell them one. It needs to be dangerous and spooky. 

I logged in ~20:00 srvr time (in my country that was ~21:00). I noticed only 560 players. Why i say only? Because before server merge annoucment in this time on server were logged in ~500 players. Whats more, after every big change players number was increasing for a week, maybe two. That means the server merge was pointless. Right now we must spend more money for ports to set time frames, and that means: MORE GRIND! I love doing PvE to be able to do RvR. And there is no way to not spend this money, because then you will see: NIGHTFLIPS! Like today for Hat Island and like before creating European server. Thank you very much devs, for months there was only one thing in this game which kept me in and it was RvR. Right now you totally f*cked it up. As I see you have no idea how to keep players in game and you are forcing bigger groups (EU server players) to keep smaller (Global server players). That wont work. I stopped playing with annoucment, right now i see that i made a good decision. GL with destroying your own product, o7.

Edited by Mikocen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikocen said:

I logged in ~20:00 srvr time (in my country that was ~21:00). I noticed only 560 players. Why i say only? Because before server merge annoucment in this time on server were logged in ~500 players. Whats more, after every big change players number was increasing for a week, maybe two. That means the server merge was pointless. Right now we must spend more money for ports to set time frames, and that means: MORE GRIND! I love doing PvE to be able to do RvR. And there is no way to not spend this money, because then you will see: NIGHTFLIPS! Like today for Hat Island and like before creating European server. Thank you very much devs, for months there was only one thing in this game which kept me in and it was RvR. Right now you totally f*cked it up. As I see you have no idea how to keep players in game and you are forcing bigger groups (EU server players) to keep smaller (Global server players). That wont work. I stopped playing with annoucment, right now i see that i made a good decision. GL with destroying your own product, o7.

you know what, you either set timers or defend the port, given the fact that the swedes set timers on most ports but not hat island was odd but we were looking to have a good fight which we did since the swedes had adequate numbers to defend they simply lost this battle, to then blame this loss on the devs makes no sense, there is a mechanic in place if you then decide to not use it and cry about the fact that people do something that the mechanic protects you from makes no sense and if you are saying that you can't afford all ports that also isn't the devs issue, how about you just take less ports if you can't defend them all or stop crying about the fact that you can't

Edited by amplify
ps. if you don't play the game i don't care about what you think
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, amplify said:

you know what, you either set timers or defend the port, given the fact that the swedes set timers on most ports but not hat island was odd but we were looking to have a good fight which we did since the swedes had adequate numbers to defend they simply lost this battle, to then blame this loss on the devs makes no sense, there is a mechanic in place if you then decide to not use it and cry about the fact that people do something that the mechanic protects you from makes no sense, and if you are saying that you can't afford all ports that also isn't the devs issue, how about you just take less ports if you can't defend them all or stop crying about the fact that you can't

You should care for oppinions from people not playing the game because the reason they stopped playing is probably the reason of many others aswell that stopped playing. Its just a loud oppinion on 10ths or more of people that stopped silently.

Think about it. ;)

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

You should care for oppinions from people not playing the game because the reason they stopped playing is probably the reason of many others aswell that stopped playing. Its just a loud oppinion on 10ths or more of people that stopped silently.

Think about it. ;)

maybe but if you don't play you're opininion matters less then actual players since they actually play and know what's going on but this is switching from the topic i commented on and the point i made which is unnecessary blaming the devs for the failure of defending a port

Edited by amplify