Game-Labs Forum

Server Merge Taken Clan Name

OneEyedSnake

I am the creator of a Dutch clan named Koninklijke Marine [KM] on the Global server. 

We have several active members that all wish to keep the clan name and several members wanting to join KM on the EU/ Caribbean server however this is where we run into the problem. 

There is already a "KM" on the EU/ Caribbean server. When i made a fake clan to do some investigation into this matter i found out this clan has exactly 2 members, of which when I asked other dutch members, they have never heard of or seen the clan. So presumably this is an inactive clan. 

We were wondering if that clan couldnt be deleted, or further investigated to the activity as to the affect that a new active, larger KM could replace the presumed to be inactive KM. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Tuff cookies we can't have BLACK.  Time to come up with a new clan name or try to merge with the other one.  Though would be nice if they did a purge of some of the inactive clans maybe.

is black over there active? if not, id say get rid of them as well. although I believe they are. 

15 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

is black over there active? if not, id say get rid of them as well. although I believe they are. 

Pagan Pete and his boys been there just as along and are still kinda around so I can't see pushing another clan out just cause they have the same name. Some times a change is good and maybe a break from the norm.

25 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Pagan Pete and his boys been there just as along and are still kinda around so I can't see pushing another clan out just cause they have the same name. Some times a change is good and maybe a break from the norm.

well its a 2 member clan with a minimally ranked clan leader, that no one has ever seen. i think that a wipe of ex clans is healthy once in a while in any matter

Captains of the Black Flag are well and active :) Pagan Pete having hardware issues from what we were informed.

They are the archetype pyrate community and the very first name brotherhood of the coast in NA.

Plus... #storytime !

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Captains of the Black Flag are well and active :) Pagan Pete having hardware issues from what we were informed.

They are the archetype pyrate community and the very first name brotherhood of the coast in NA.

Plus... #storytime !

Very first is RUBLI :)  Black Flag is perhaps the third, but yes, they are very old and live brothers.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I am the creator of a Dutch clan named Koninklijke Marine [KM] on the Global server. 

We have several active members that all wish to keep the clan name and several members wanting to join KM on the EU/ Caribbean server however this is where we run into the problem. 

There is already a "KM" on the EU/ Caribbean server. When i made a fake clan to do some investigation into this matter i found out this clan has exactly 2 members, of which when I asked other dutch members, they have never heard of or seen the clan. So presumably this is an inactive clan. 

We were wondering if that clan couldnt be deleted, or further investigated to the activity as to the affect that a new active, larger KM could replace the presumed to be inactive KM. 

I will agree nobody has any idea who KM is on the caribbean server.

3 hours ago, Ink said:

Clan (and its name) can be deleted by the clan leader only unfortunately.

And if the clan leader is only half ranked up and started playing nearly two years ago? And is pretty clearly inactive? Is there any possibility that you or another dev could actually delete clans like these? 

12 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

And if the clan leader is only half ranked up and started playing nearly two years ago? And is pretty clearly inactive? Is there any possibility that you or another dev could actually delete clans like these? 

that would cause a massive rage outbreak if clan would decide to come back and find out they were deleted due to inactivity, just create new clan name. Be creative. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

5 hours ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

that would cause a massive rage outbreak if clan would decide to come back and find out they were deleted due to inactivity, just create new clan name. Be creative. 

several other games do this. it never has created credible outrage. it promotes activity. 

7 hours ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

and are they more worried about the outrage of 2 inactive players with under 100 hours in game or tens of active players with between 1000-5000 hours?