Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

1 minute ago, Amihai said:

*Imho* information about forts locations is important. Add "Show forts" if possible please.

Use checkbox under 'Settings' (select port from 'Go to a port')

1 minute ago, Amihai said:

Now about usability. Some times I have my coordinates and my battle group. What about to add "move from" X/Z to coordinates entering form?

Can you explain what you mean, please?

48 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Use checkbox under 'Settings' (select port from 'Go to a port')

It's too long - scroll list and find port exact name. When im intercepted I need fast switch to map, zoom to my location and look where forts located.

9 minutes ago, Amihai said:

It's too long - scroll list and find port exact name. When im intercepted I need fast switch to map, zoom to my location and look where forts located.

I am waiting for a select library to be updated to bootstrap v4 (next week or so). It would allow live search in the select element.

15 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

I am waiting for a select library to be updated to bootstrap v4 (next week or so). It would allow live search in the select element.

When you be Intercepted last time?

Gibara  or Guibara ? Puerto d - e Nippe / el Padre ? 
As you wish, it's your project.

23 minutes ago, Amihai said:

When you be Intercepted last time?

Gibara  or Guibara ? Puerto d - e Nippe / el Padre ? 
As you wish, it's your project.

It is my project but why do I bother to publish and discuss it on the forum? :huh:

As you ask so nicely, I could add the option "show all forts/towers".

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1

@Felix Victor Great Map on Netlify.

A coupe of points, when I use Microsoft Edge browser with the wind predictor:

1. The wind 'now' reading is always for the wind coming from the North, never anything else.

2. The wind predictions look more or less ok up to 19.59. Between 20.00 and 24.00 the predictor tells me I am using the wrong format and between 00.01 the next day to shut down it gives incorrect info.

Buster (winding chronograph)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

19 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

@Felix Victor

1. The wind 'now' reading is always for the wind coming from the North, never anything else.

2. The wind predictions look more or less ok up to 19.59. Between 20.00 and 24.00 the predictor tells me I am using the wrong format and between 00.01 the next day to shut down it gives incorrect info.

I am currently working on the wind prediction as the last item for the next release. Thanks for the feedback. I will test it with your input.

v2

• improved performance (complete rewrite of the core functions; Firefox is still faster than Chrome)

• port data is shown on mouse click (not on hover)

• teleport areas are not shown by default, tick checkbox under 'Settings' to show them

• port battle circles, forts and towers are not shown by default and displayed only for a single port when checkbox under 'Settings' is ticked (select port from 'Go to a port')

• input for wind prediction improved

• wind prediction is displayed in a window overlay

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

A coupe of points, when I use Microsoft Edge browser with the wind predictor:

v2

14 hours ago, Wraith said:

Hey Felix, v2 looks good!   I'm very much missing the ability to turn on/off the port battle layouts for all ports rather than just the single focus port.  Also, I don't know whether you intended it or not, but the red dots seems to indicate tower locations on the map and smaller, dark dots indicate forts?  Intuitively it seems like that should the opposite. See my wind prediction map here:

EJiZkEr.jpg]

The red dots in the port battle are actually tower locations, not forts and as such are far less consequential for attacking ships than the fort (dark grey). :) From a visualization standpoint I'd like to see the forts in the more alarming symbolization. :)

Thank you for finding this. Can you spot the error in the code? Stupid me :o

towers.datum(current.fortData).attr("d", d3.geoPath().pointRadius(1.5));
forts.datum(current.towerData).attr("d", d3.geoPath().pointRadius(2));

Will correct it asap.

Btw: did you try the wind prediction from the map? It is the same as your prediction?

On 26.1.2018 at 7:17 AM, Wraith said:

The red dots in the port battle are actually tower locations, not forts and as such are far less consequential for attacking ships than the fort (dark grey). :) From a visualization standpoint I'd like to see the forts in the more alarming symbolization. :)

v2.1

v2.1

• lower resolution map and anti-aliasing switched off to improve performance

• select ports on port battle timer (new feature)

• select ports on capture date range (new feature), current capture queries corrected (bug fix)

• select port with green zones (new feature)

• selects with live-search ('go to a port' and 'select a good')

• port info shows goods for trade only separate from other goods

• fort and tower colouring corrected (bug fix)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AxIslander said:

Hello!

I have to thank you for this map, it is very usefull! Then i allso want to inform you that there is some type of issue, when i try tu use with firefox. Map works well with chrome thow.
Could be that is just on my end, it worked fine yesterday.

Maybe you use a popup blocker such as uBlock origin. Put the map website on the white list.

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1