Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

@Felix Victor

Feedback on documentation draft.

Yes, I like it. I would add some demonstration with relation to the in-game map.

Second, a work through example is needed. Look at my PORT Antonio Trade run (in Captain Norfolk nCook). You Build a sail plan with time estimates. When you set sail from La Navasse you use the Protractor and ruler to Port Antonio with the right degrees...

This demonstrates [YAM] is not a replacement for the in-game map but an enhancement tool to be used with it...

Norfolk

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

No one can answer this, not even admin...

Only God knows ... (I started to think about SKYNET, I do not know why) , I think admin should be capable of answering the question.

@Felix Victor sailing profile colour inversion :):)

Edited by AeRoTR

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, rediii said:

I would like to select it with the port I'm in right now or a port that is just close and not search for every single good that's in the port

Can do. Currently, I have a large backlog already though as I am stuck at fiddling with nested dropdowns. And the map is already rather complex to use. Even some of my clan members don't know how to use it 😮 although I mostly answer their questions with 'check my map'. Anyway, don't hold your breath but it is rather simple to implement.

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1

Updated beta version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• journey duration calculates based on distance, current wind direction and ship speed (assumptions: minimal speed of 4 knots, open world speed is twice the regular speed) @Wraith
  • list of cannons added
  • range for x and z coordinates are -819k to 819k @Norfolk nChance
  • minor improvements

May I ask you to test the beta again, especially the journey duration: @jodgi

• check setting 'double click to plot a course' is selected
  • set current wind and ship under menu item 'Make journey'
  • double click twice on map for each segment to construct a journey
  • Like 3

Felix,

your map is impressive.  I am looking forward to testing the accuracy of the Journey.  Have you considered allowing us to input the ships top speed, to allow for Books and Upgrades?

It is unfortunate that some players are negative towards  3rd party apps.  Your's efforts have created something marvelous.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jodgi said:
9 hours ago, Macjimm said:

It is unfortunate that some players are negative towards  3rd party apps. 

I don't think anybody is.

Banished always calls my map 'the cheater's map' but he is also heavily using it. 😁 Right, @Banished Privateer?

Edited by Felix Victor

My preliminary tests reveal that the times provided by Journey may be very close.  The errors I have received may be because I did not use the map correctly.  I am looking forward to testing more.

I enjoy sailing and like the navigation part of the game.  Arriving at the destination is very easy, but determining the time(s) still holds a little challenge.  na-map is a good tool for fast information about the times required for each leg.

It would be helpful if;

• The text and compass was smaller when zoomed in.  It is difficult to see the course  when zoomed in fully.
  • The units of time were smaller;  a ship can sail a great distance in a single minute, so decimal points of minutes or seconds would be nice. 

And a little clarification about the comment I made earlier.  I have not heard anyone criticize na-map directly, but I remember countless times reading player's rants that the Devs should include more ingame options (Map tools) so that 3rd party apps are not necessary.  I've never understood why pressing "Alt Tab" is horrible but pressing "M" is just fine.

detail2.thumb.jpg.bddc838a3008e3db6837a15062c7a952.jpg

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1