Game-Labs Forum

Caribbean Post System

Just now, Cortez said:

Your ignorance is terrifying ...

Making personnel attacks isn't going to help your case.  He brought up the fact that it was done, tested and tried out and the devs removed it cause it took away from the OW experience of folks being able to hunt those that needed to move things around.  If you want your goods, than move them the old fashion way, with a ship, in the open world.  If you don't want to loose your goods there is a PvE server or you can stay in the safe zones.

Even better is to encourage folks to craft and sale them in spots others need them.   Good way for lower level players to make some money cause every one needs repairs in the hot zones after all.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Making personnel attacks isn't going to help your case.  He brought up the fact that it was done, tested and tried out and the devs removed it cause it took away from the OW experience of folks being able to hunt those that needed to move things around.  If you want your goods, than move them the old fashion way, with a ship, in the open world.  If you don't want to loose your goods there is a PvE server or you can stay in the safe zones.

Even better is to encourage folks to craft and sale them in spots others need them.   Good way for lower level players to make some money cause every one needs repairs in the hot zones after all.

The game needs to allow such thing as offer/demand mechanics. As long as it isn`t posible, we spend too much time sailing around.

There will be no less traders in open sea, if you move cargo through free ports.

If free ports allow no buildings. If postal service is only for raw resources and no materials nor assembled goods nor ship goods nor marks nor notes nor whatever that is not plain raw resources...

Guess it is a two sides of the same coin.

Comfort in exchange of having your ship in the water at the very least in between the free port and whatever destination.

Remove zones and have free ports are primary corsair havens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

The game needs to allow such thing as offer/demand mechanics. As long as it isn`t posible, we spend too much time sailing around.

There will be no less traders in open sea, if you move cargo through free ports.

I hate "sailing around" in an Age of Sail game.....   ugh

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

If free ports allow no buildings. If postal service is only for raw resources and no materials nor assembled goods nor ship goods nor marks nor notes nor whatever that is not plain raw resources...

Guess it is a two sides of the same coin.

Comfort in exchange of having your ship in the water at the very least in between the free port and whatever destination.

Remove zones and have free ports are primary corsair havens. 

Also a good idea...

Players would lose nothing, would spare time on other things, instead of sailing while watching Netflix..(or was it watching Netflix while sailing?)

1 hour ago, Capt Roberts said:

Were is the PvP when ganking a trader & running from a war ship like most gankers do? Just asking.......?

A age of sail corsair will attack the enemy trade while avoiding confrontation with much stronger enemy.

The game is already easy enough for the average trader with safe zones and vital resources that spawn inside of them.  I still can't for the life of me figure out why there isn't a player generate ship delivery system in game.  Player X puts up a contract to haul 2000 iron ingots to Georgetown.  Player Y accepts and receives the payment + XP.  So simple and such a good mechanic to generate content.  Instead we're getting ships that can sail backwards....

Anyway @Cortez your idea has been suggested and tried before.  Don't insult others because their opinions differ.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The game is already easy enough for the average trader with safe zones and vital resources that spawn inside of them.  I still can't for the life of me figure out why there isn't a player generate ship delivery system in game.  Player X puts up a contract to haul 2000 iron ingots to Georgetown.  Player Y accepts and receives the payment + XP.  So simple and such a good mechanic to generate content.  Instead we're getting ships that can sail backwards....

Anyway @Cortez your idea has been suggested and tried before.  Don't insult others because their opinions differ.  

I am fine with that.

If people like to sail for hours, while being AFK, so be it...

You aren`t serious about "vital resources spawning in safe zones" ?

34 minutes ago, Cortez said:

I am fine with that.

If people like to sail for hours, while being AFK, so be it...

You aren`t serious about "vital resources spawning in safe zones" ?

some nations get teak, lo and wo in their safe zone ports.  That should not be the case.  If you want the vital woods, you should have to sail 

• Like 4

As a trader/merchant player, please do not implement a way to move goods between ports without sailing. This kills the game for me and others like me (and those that hunt players like me). 

Please also remove non-producable goods from safe-zone ports (or better yet, make all crafting base resources, except rare resources for upgrades, producable only and give us an extra building slot or 2).

Please add in a better trading system, where traders can access a common (maybe nation restricted, maybe not) market to see where buy/sell contracts are currently in place (would also be useful for ships). Sailing to a port at 10pm because it had a sell contract at 6AM only to find the contract is not there is annoying as hell and a huge waste of players time. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BPHick said:

As a trader/merchant player, please do not implement a way to move goods between ports without sailing

Ok...Now this game needs to find few more who are willing to spend their time sailing around for hours, instead doing something else in game.

Just now, Wraith said:

This is exactly the kind of content the game is crying out for and we *must* encourage those trader players to stay

Awww... Please.

I am trading and crafting only, and never fight(unless i get attacked).

Suddenly you need traders and crafters, but when i am suggesting to cut the average sailing time, then it`s "oh we need such players".

Lol.

1 minute ago, Cortez said:

Awww... Please.

I am trading and crafting only, and never fight(unless i get attacked).

Suddenly you need traders and crafters, but when i am suggesting to cut the average sailing time, then it`s "oh we need such players".

Lol.

you didn't suggest cutting the average sailing time though, you suggested eliminating it.