Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Iroquois Confederacy

Map of Reinforcement Zones

Recommended Posts

I have given reinforcement zones more and more thought.  There is no reason for the zones at all.  Some individuals insist that they must remain so that they can hold onto their ports, such as Belize, such as Vera Cruz, such as New Orleans.  However, these ports can be made uncapturable, while removing the reinforcement zones.

Instead, reinforcements should be account-bound.  Until a player gains 21,000 XP (which would put him at Post Captain) on their account, reinforcements are automatic if they are attacked.  There should be no confusion to getting these reinforcements, as was shown in an earlier post today.  There should be no reinforcements for merchants, as that has a chilling effect on open world PvP.  There should be no reason why people who have been around for well over a year should still be getting "Newbie Protection."

If these reinforcement zones are to protect new players, make it so they protect new players.  Right now, the only people it protects are experienced players who are afraid to sail.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood the argument of the 'PvP' crowd that think attacking a ship with a build and fit out specifically for fighting AI (grinding) is what they in there 'PvP' build ships is what they are really looking for I smell BS.

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Custard said:

Never understood the argument of the 'PvP' crowd that think attacking a ship with a build and fit out specifically for fighting AI (grinding) is what they in there 'PvP' build ships is what they are really looking for I smell BS.

Smell what you want, but many people prefer the corsair lifestyle - sailing alone, hunting the odd trader down, running from proper navy vessels.  Living the life of a rover.  Current mechanics punish that behavior.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

I have given reinforcement zones more and more thought.  There is no reason for the zones at all.  Some individuals insist that they must remain so that they can hold onto their ports, such as Belize, such as Vera Cruz, such as New Orleans.  However, these ports can be made uncapturable, while removing the reinforcement zones.

Instead, reinforcements should be account-bound.  Until a player gains 21,000 XP (which would put him at Post Captain) on their account, reinforcements are automatic if they are attacked.  There should be no confusion to getting these reinforcements, as was shown in an earlier post today.  There should be no reinforcements for merchants, as that has a chilling effect on open world PvP.  There should be no reason why people who have been around for well over a year should still be getting "Newbie Protection."

If these reinforcement zones are to protect new players, make it so they protect new players.  Right now, the only people it protects are experienced players who are afraid to sail.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Smell what you want, but many people prefer the corsair lifestyle - sailing alone, hunting the odd trader down, running from proper navy vessels.  Living the life of a rover.  Current mechanics punish that behavior.

Nope you are not looking for PvP you are looking for the easy kill the reinforcement zones prevent that in a tiny portion of the map

Rove a little further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Custard said:

Nope you are not looking for PvP you are looking for the easy kill the reinforcement zones prevent that in a tiny portion of the map

Rove a little further

Its only an easy kill if you let it be. By that I mean if you're sailing loads of goods without AI/player escort your asking to get spanish galleon'd

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Custard said:

Nope you are not looking for PvP you are looking for the easy kill the reinforcement zones prevent that in a tiny portion of the map

Rove a little further

"Tiny portion of the map" - Not per Capita, it isn't.  Per-Capita, reinforcement zones are massive.  Per capita, they are 80% of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Its only an easy kill if you let it be. By that I mean if your sailing loads of goods without AI/player escort your asking to get spanish galleon'd

I was referring to PvPers going after ppl missioning in specialist PvP builds vs specialist PvE builds, specifically in the reinforcement zones

Unescorted traders different story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

"Tiny portion of the map" - Not per Capita, it isn't.  Per-Capita, reinforcement zones are massive.  Per capita, they are 80% of the map.

I rest my case you are looking for easy ganking around Nation capitals that ain't roving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove reinforcements zone completely for the current nations. Introduce a rookie nation. You can stay to that nation till you reach 250 crew level. No progression or XP gain after that whatsoever. You can't PvP or RvR. You get the option to switch to a proper nation and keep your stuff of stay in the rookie nation and pve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Custard said:

I was referring to PvPers going after ppl missioning in specialist PvP builds vs specialist PvE builds, specifically in the reinforcement zones

Unescorted traders different story

If I'm not mistaken I don't think Iron is against a single capital safezone aka a greenzone not reinforcement zone.

Also he specifically said reinforcements should be for all accounts under post captain, anyone above post captain should be able to wipe their own ass. A mission connie works fine against a fir connie, the problem with speed builds is how they dictate combat, if that fir ship really wants to kill you he has to get up in your butthole which you can only blame yourself if he does. 

Not easy kills at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sella22 said:

Remove reinforcements zone completely for the current nations. Introduce a rookie nation.

So...you want to reduce the already-small size of many nations, as well as bringing back the capital camping nonsense that kills the player base? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

If I'm not mistaken I don't think Iron is against a single capital safezone aka a greenzone not reinforcement zone.

Also he specifically said reinforcements should be for all accounts under post captain, anyone above post captain should be able to wipe their own ass. A mission connie works fine against a fir connie, the problem with speed builds is how they dictate combat, if that fir ship really wants to kill you he has to get up in your butthole which you can only blame yourself if he does. 

Not easy kills at all

If you think 5 perk slots and the perm mod slots on a PvP build versus a PvE build plus PvE captains rarely bother changing their perks is close then you must have been the role model for Dumb and Dumber

Edited by Custard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you please stop shifting the goal posts.  I'm merely talking about hunting traders, and how this hurts those who hunt traders, which, you seem to agree with.

Now, on the topic of PvE-ers, it doesn't matter if they're rigged for PvE.  That should be part of the risk in a PvP game.  If they have the experience (Having hit Post Captain, they should?), then they should be able to actually run the risks of being in a PvP environment.

Reinforcement zones are to prevent seal clubbing.  However, they have turned a massive amount of the playerbase into seals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Custard said:

If you think 5 perk slots and the perm mod slots on a PvP build versus a PvE build plus PvE captains rarely bother changing their perks is close then you most have been the role model for Dumb and Dumber

I've done it before, its not hard. That's actually great if you can bait a fir/fir ship into getting close to your WO/WO ship. They'll never win the brawl unless you let them stick their fingers in your back hole for too long.

Sounds like post captain+ PVErs needs to git gud, they've had AI 1st rates doing all the fighting for them.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the store page:

Quote

Naval Action is a hardcore, realistic, and beautifully detailed naval combat sandbox immersing players into the experience of the most beautiful period of naval history - when sailing ships ruled the seas.

Quote

Enormous open world – Large open world, recreated based on 18th Century maps, historical harbors, positions, and town names. We do not believe in the various modern hand-holding markers, thus player position is not shown on the map: you will have to navigate yourself using compass, sun or landmarks. PS. battles are instanced to allow extremely complex sailing and fighting calculations for 50 ship battles. 

Freedom – Build ships, trade, sink enemies of your nation. You can attack anyone almost everywhere. Remember that every action could have consequences. So don't attack everyone - or you will become a pirate. Conquer almost every port in the Caribbean, but remember! other adventurous captains will try to ruin your plans.
 

Bold for emphasis.  PvE Carebear zones need not apply.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

So...you want to reduce the already-small size of many nations, as well as bringing back the capital camping nonsense that kills the player base? 

 

Capital camping exists even now. Look at MT and especially KPR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Reinforcement zones are to prevent seal clubbing.  However, they have turned a massive amount of the playerbase into seals.

Most of us are always going to be seals.  I don't have any illusions about becoming a PVP star as a very casual player.  Seals need places to bask and enjoy the tropical sunshine or they disappear. 

 

2 hours ago, Sella22 said:

Capital camping exists even now. Look at MT and especially KPR. 

Dunno what you're referring to, since I'd never go near those places.  I've spent a number of hours in the reinforcement zones and the only enemy ships I've seen since they were installed are trader sheep coming and going. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, monk33y said:

the "easy" nations should then receive a negative from the conquest leaderboard.

 

Maybe any port that is in a safety zone should not be counted in the conquest leaderboard?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Dunno what you're referring to, since I'd never go near those places.  I've spent a number of hours in the reinforcement zones and the only enemy ships I've seen since they were installed are trader sheep coming and going. 

You don't have to go near them to know what's happening. Even combat news is enough to see that it is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PvE server could serve as a Naval Academy and upon reaching Flag Captain the automated option to be transferred, for good, to the Caribbean server. Choice of remaining in the Naval Academy server available as well and not be transferred.

This would be the ultimate option IMO.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PvPers are doomed... doomed to write flaming National News, chase alts and cheaters and speak of PvE-ers... a lot.

Meantime, Pve-ers play...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a list of all the goods that are safely ensconced within protected zones, list compiled with the help of this recent map, thread for same found here.  Adding the same to the initial post.

British:

Assam Tea
Arabian Coffee
Caguairan Log
Coal
Cheshire Cheese
China Tea
Fir Log
Food Supplies
Hemp
Indian Saltpeter
Iron Ore
Lancashire Iron
Lignum Vitae Log
Mahogany Log
Malabar Teak
Oak Log
Scottish Wool
Stone Block
Suffolk Cheese
Sugar
Sussex Oak
Teak Log
Tobacco
Textile Machinery
Yorkshire Pudding

Danes:

Bavarian Grain
Coal
Danish Beer
Danish Pickled Herring
Danish Salted Pork
Danish Yeasts
Hemp
Jutland Amber
Lignum Vitae Log
Norwegian Fox Fur
Russian Sail Duck
Sugar

Dutch:

Batavian Spices
Coal
Dutch Cacao
Dutch Laudanum
Dutch Peanut Butter
Fir Log
Grietje van Dijk
Gold Coast Ivory
Hemp
Iron Ore
Lignum Vitae Log
Oak Log
Stone Block
Sugar
Sumatran Pepper
Swedish Carpenter
Suriname Indigo

French:

Burgundian Wine
Coal
Cognac
Corsican Mint
Diplome de L'ecole D'artillerie
Fine Fabrics
Fir Log
Food Supplies
French Sail Cloth
Hemp
Iron Ore
Languedoc Violins
Lignum Vitae Log
Live Oak Logs
Madagascar Tallow
Normandy Cider
Oak Log
Parisian Furniture
Provence Oak
Sevres Stained Glass
Silver
Stone Block
Sugar
Versailles Terracotta

Pirates:

Coal
Contraband Goods
Fir Log
French Gold Livres
Hemp
Iron Ore
Lignum Vitae Log
Madagascar Jewels
Oak Log
Spanish Gold Coins
Stolen Goods
Stone Block
Sugar

Spanish:

Almeria Saltpeter
Assam Tea
Caguairan Log
Catalonian Olive Oil
Coal
Extra Labor
Fir Log
Food Supplies
Hemp
Iberian Dried Pork
Iron Ore
Lignum Vitae Log
Madeira Wine
Mahogany Log
Merino Wool
Oak Log
Pino Ocote Log
Sabicu Log
Sevilla Muskets
Spanish Almonds
Spanish Dried Fruits
Spanish Walnut Oil
Stone Block
Saltpeter
Sugar
Sulphur
Sussex Oak

Swedes:

Arctic Fox Pelts
Cape Coast Honey
Coal
Hemp
Kurland Oak
Lignum Vitae Log
Russian Vodka
Sugar
Swedish Iron
Swedish Sail Cloth
Ukrainian Grain

United States:

American Cotton
Arabian Coffee
Assam Tea
Black Ironwood
Carolina Tobacco
Cheshire Cheese
China Tea
Coal
Cocoa
Coffee
Cotton
Cuban Tobacco
Fine Leather
Fir Log
Food Supplies
Hemp
Historical Artifact
Indian Saltpeter
Indigo
Iron Ore
Kentucky Bourbon
Lancashire Iron
Lignum Vitae Log
Live Oak Log
Longleaf Pine Log
Malabar Teak
Oak Log
Oregon Beaver Coats
Scottish Wool
Stone Block
Suffolk Cheese
Sugar
Sussex Oak
Textile Machinery
Tobacco
Vermont Maple Sugar
White Oak Logs
Yorkshire Pudding

Edited by Iroquois Confederacy
Edited to include all resources a port produces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×