Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Iroquois Confederacy

Map of Reinforcement Zones

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Nobody does this.   It is not productive.  Nobody sits around in port waiting to be called out to chase distant sails on the horizon they can't catch anyway.  It is a waste of time. 

They don't sit in port, they don't sail around, in your world, what do players actually do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfoftunately. The Players you consider Content have already left.

The Admin can say what he wants. If People dont want to be your Content they just say **** you and leave the Game :)

 

Checking Player Numbers at thus Point you could just Remove Safezones alltogether.

There is nearly no one left there anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iroquois Confederacy said:

They don't sit in port, they don't sail around, in your world, what do players actually do?

At any given time most people are on their way from point A to point B (trying to stay in the good part of the wind cycle) in a ship of their choice trying to fulfill a purpose of their choice.  The game requires a lot of time to do even these simple things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Point A to Point B... entirely within protected zones.  It's hard not to be in a protected zone, for much of the things that occur in this game.  It was made so that much of the economy could be done locally so as to shorten distances for traders, and so that regions that could not be captured (Capital Regions, usually of 3 - 5 ports) could always produce fir and oak vessels.

Well now those same regions, plus an incredible amount more, are further protected by magical 1st rates.  90% of ship traffic, if not more, and particularly commerce, occurs within safe zones.

How could it not, when the safe zones cover so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

At any given time most people are on their way from point A to point B (trying to stay in the good part of the wind cycle) in a ship of their choice trying to fulfill a purpose of their choice.  The game requires a lot of time to do even these simple things. 

In the carezone collecting resources and bring them back to capital right? ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not against size of safe zones as they are, finding missions as a newb I was glad that i had somewhere safe to level up. Looking at the amount of safe zones some nations have however is a little over the top perhaps. Playing as a pirate we had 3 towns that supplied us with the basics to produce basic ships. If we wanted teak we had to sail outside our comfort zones and make that open water trip and considering we had 3 nations camping our doorstep it wasn't always easy.

This however is an acceptable kind of play style for me especially if EU is as populated as they say that any trip outside that zone has the potential of someone patrolling that trade line. I cant speak for other nations and how they are set up having never played them but if they are setup the same as the pirates then the current zones work. If say a trade line was being camped then as a nation you would need a level of co-operation to clear that trade line or suck it up and wait for the aggressors to get bored and go away.

As I said the amount of safe zones some nations have according to this map seem excessive but I would think that it could be reviewed easily enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I was told the key element of this game NA is PvP. Admin said Player are content. So why is this game restricting me in getting access to content? Why there are so many mechanics in place that deny content?

No players == no "content".  No-catch zones are designed to improve the fishing everywhere. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Im not against size of safe zones as they are, finding missions as a newb I was glad that i had somewhere safe to level up. Looking at the amount of safe zones some nations have however is a little over the top perhaps. Playing as a pirate we had 3 towns that supplied us with the basics to produce basic ships. If we wanted teak we had to sail outside our comfort zones and make that open water trip and considering we had 3 nations camping our doorstep it wasn't always easy.

This however is an acceptable kind of play style for me especially if EU is as populated as they say that any trip outside that zone has the potential of someone patrolling that trade line. I cant speak for other nations and how they are set up having never played them but if they are setup the same as the pirates then the current zones work. If say a trade line was being camped then as a nation you would need a level of co-operation to clear that trade line or suck it up and wait for the aggressors to get bored and go away.

As I said the amount of safe zones some nations have according to this map seem excessive but I would think that it could be reviewed easily enough.

This is roughly what it would look like keeping the size of the current safe zones, but while reducing the quantity to (maximum) 3 per faction.

MjYPndK.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

In the carezone collecting resources and bring them back to capital right? ;-)

If that's what they want.  You can't force other people to play the game to suit your purposes.  If you do they will  just quit (again). 

 

1 minute ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

The current "No Catch" zone covers one entire faction.  Entire irrelevant regions.

The VAST majority of the map is outside the reinforcement zones.  Why not come up with incentives for people to USE the vast majority of the map, instead of encouraging them to not play at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Why shouldn't privateer mode of play happen right outside major ports?  It brings content to those players.  Why, I myself have been chased by those very task forces that you want to find, because I hunted their waters.  Those task forces don't just form to lumber around and do nothing with.  For you to enjoy the PvP you want, you have to have an impetus for those groups to form up in the first place.  Privateering is that impetus.

The problem with this and the size of the safe zones you suggest is that it gives no work to the raider, he can easily sit and monitor the whole exit from the safe zone. Yes they can form up a hunt squad to chase you off, as you say you have been chased off by those task forces before, but how often have they caught you? The people in the task forces eventually get bored of chasing ships that they have no hope of catching so eventually they stop turning up, I know I used to do it earlier on in the game. It just gets to the stage where the raiders just sit outside the capitals taunting people in the safe zones, now and again you might get someone who tries, but they soon learn to give up and people end up quitting.

With the present safe zones you can still camp outside the capitals but you have to guess where they will leave the zone. The raiders that work that out are the successful ones and the lazy ones come here and moan that the safe zones are killing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The VAST majority of the map is outside the reinforcement zones.  Why not come up with incentives for people to USE the vast majority of the map, instead of encouraging them to not play at all?

There is no amount of benefit that will overcome the loss aversion that humanity as a whole experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

With the present safe zones you can still camp outside the capitals but you have to guess where they will leave the zone. The raiders that work that out are the successful ones and the lazy ones come here and moan that the safe zones are killing the game.

Please explain the benefit of the following safe zones:

Louisiana
Mexico
Georgia
North Carolina
The Cays
Saint Lucia
Belize
The Western tip of Cuba

None of these are Capital areas.

Edited by Iroquois Confederacy
Changed half to tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

No players == no "content".  No-catch zones are designed to improve the fishing everywhere. 

 

True. But even with 500 online on EU you see almost nobody except when camping carezones.

All I want to say is that currently the game is shitty designed. We play a game that is focused on player vs player combat but has mechanics in place which make such encounter rar. So even with 500 player its boring to play  because the majority is sitting in the carezone denying content.

Regardless how you look at it. Remove carezones player leave because they may get camped to death or by leaving because of boredom while mechanics deny content.

We end up the same way. Players leave.

 

There has to be a change in what content is. Its not possible to make such a game and say player are the main / only content besides ships ofc ;-).

Edited by z4ys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The VAST majority of the map is outside the reinforcement zones.  Why not come up with incentives for people to USE the vast majority of the map, instead of encouraging them to not play at all?

The vast majority of the map is useless because everything focus around reinforcement zones. When you look at the combat news 80% of kills are around such zones. (Except for portbattles)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Please explain the benefit of the following safe zones:

Louisiana

Gives people a reason to go there, and try to expand outward from there.  When the uncapturable ports were introduced there was an idea that for some nations there would be a capital area and a separate "trader" area that would encourage traffic in the Gulf.  People would have a choice where they wanted to operate, rather than be stuck in the capital county. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Gives people a reason to go there, and try to expand outward from there.  When the uncapturable ports were introduced there was an idea that for some nations there would be a capital area and a separate "trader" area that would encourage traffic in the Gulf.  People would have a choice where they wanted to operate, rather than be stuck in the capital county. 

So why a reinforcement zone around it?  Would there be no reason to go there if it were *gasp* dangerous?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Please explain the benefit of the following safe zones:

Louisiana
Mexico
Georgia
North Carolina
The Cays
Saint Lucia
Belize
The Western tip of Cuba

None of these are Capital areas.

It guess it gives an opportunity for players to experience more of the map outside their starting port.

I do not see why people approach the problems of people doing everything within the safe zone from the angle of removing or reducing the size of the safe zone rather than reducing what can be achieved in the safe zone. The problem as far as I can see is that everything can be done without leaving the safe zone, so they should restrict that, there should be no profitable trade runs completely within a safe zone, after a certain ran missions and PvE fights in a safe zone should not give any xp or loot, give encouragement to leave the safe zone not force people to leave it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Archaos said:

It guess it gives an opportunity for players to experience more of the map outside their starting port.

I do not see why people approach the problems of people doing everything within the safe zone from the angle of removing or reducing the size of the safe zone rather than reducing what can be achieved in the safe zone. The problem as far as I can see is that everything can be done without leaving the safe zone, so they should restrict that, there should be no profitable trade runs completely within a safe zone, after a certain ran missions and PvE fights in a safe zone should not give any xp or loot, give encouragement to leave the safe zone not force people to leave it.

It has to be that way.  Nations need a way to rebuild their vessels, which means they need to have a set of ports that can completely build ships.  Everything else, the missions, the PvE content that occurs within those zones - those are unintended consequences, but they are not protected by said zones.  You can hop in and fight them.  But you can never, ever, take a trader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bbc is 100% right, you have to really hate yourself to chase a fir / fir trader hunter.  Like just one more spilled glass of water away from self mutilation hate.

 

And both games are not PVP. It's hilarious how many bots there are in NAL, yet you have 10 minute queue timers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

bbc is 100% right, you have to really hate yourself to chase a fir / fir trader hunter.  Like just one more spilled glass of water away from self mutilation hate.

It's such an interesting frame of mind that people have.  "It's really hard to catch trader hunters.  Let's make it so there aren't any traders for them to hunt."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

So why a reinforcement zone around it?  Would there be no reason to go there if it were *gasp* dangerous?

It has a reinforcement zone because it's supposed to operate as a home region for players who'd prefer to be in the Gulf, without other nations being able to shut them down by camping outside of the ports. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

It's such an interesting frame of mind that people have.  "It's really hard to catch trader hunters.  Let's make it so there aren't any traders for them to hunt."

Lets give people incentives to sail to different counties. 

 

 

 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×