Game-Labs Forum

Spread Woodtypes more evenly (correctly) across the map

Now...Live oak or evergreen oak is a general term for a number of unrelated oaks in several different sections of the genus Quercus that share the characteristic of evergreen foliage.

The Live oak mentioned in the game is most likely to be Southern Live Oak, or Quercus Virginiana and it grows only in a small portion of the US.

image.thumb.png.c2dd873da956ef0809ad9ed6e7164a76.png

I see no reference anywhere to Live Oak growing in the Bahamas/ Haiti / Dominican Republic...yet they found it necessary to add it to the resources there.

The same goes for White Oak, or Quercus Alba, which grows in the following region.
image.thumb.png.3ca21d9a09491c545751a6bcde4f131b.png

Teak, Tectona Grandis, is not a wood native to the Americas, but comes from South East Asia.(India, Burma, Bangladesh, Indonesia)

image.thumb.png.3c41b04ee559f4dd28cb00d535bd379a.png

However, it grows well in equatorial regions.

image.png.a6652585d0a66e1cb674c49ad34c9d54.png

I mean, if you're gonna disregard the natural distribution zones of these wood types, at least you could've distributed it a little more evenly across the map and not centered around the US and the islands in the middle of the map (Bahamas, Haiti, Dom.Rep)

@admin I know that this was done to create Conquest objectives, to conquer the ports that have these resources.

But we've come at the point that we don't want to lose our ships by engaging in PVP because we have almost no chance of replacing the resources required to make a new ship with our preferred wood-types. (usually Teak-White Oak these days)

TLDR: the dev's are not adhering to the natural distribution regions of these wood types, the conquest approach for these resources doesn't work, therefore they should be spread more evenly across the map.

Edited by Yngvarr