Game-Labs Forum
admin

Regarding port battles

5 hours ago, rediii said:

RvR is no tournament mode. Its conquering and getting bigger territory and if any nation gets too big because it dominates with skill it should get countered by multiple nations which means more players which means no chance to defend everything. With planned portbattles you dont have that. You dont stretch yojr forcey because you can be everywhere everytime.

Instant portbattles counter the gamebreaking situation of a hardcore rvr fleet capable of dominating every battle fought on even odds.

For example sweden dominated multiple nations with around 40 players maybe against 70ish players (france pr russia dutch spain)

In a working szenario sweden shouldnt have been able to do that. If ports wouldnt be as useless as they are the whole map would be blue+yellow. 

IMO, the map is so big right now that I'd say most of the nations are currently way overextended if a system gets put in place that allows PBs to start within minutes of the first warning.

From the top in the Conquest competition list.

GB surely is completely overextended right now.  They're all over the map.
We are as well
Spain surely is as well, I seriously doubt they could react to attacks in the Bahamas or on Trinidad or on Cayo Romano
France as we know has no RVR population, so if they hold even one attackable port, they're overextended
VP seems good.
DK seems good
Prussia in two places, might already be a problem
RU in four different locations, unlikely able to defend all positions with sufficient force
PL seems good.

So if all nations were to pull back to territory they can defend on a whim, 1/3 of the map would be neutral.

Just now, Quineloe said:

IMO, the map is so big right now that I'd say most of the nations are currently way overextended if a system gets put in place that allows PBs to start within minutes of the first warning.

From the top in the Conquest competition list.

GB surely is completely overextended right now.  They're all over the map.
We are as well
Spain surely is as well, I seriously doubt they could react to attacks in the Bahamas or on Trinidad or on Cayo Romano
France as we know has no RVR population, so if they hold even one attackable port, they're overextended
VP seems good.
DK seems good
Prussia in two places, might already be a problem
RU in four different locations, unlikely able to defend all positions with sufficient force
PL seems good.

So if all nations were to pull back to territory they can defend on a whim, 1/3 of the map would be neutral.

ofcourse everyone is overextended. The whole conquest system you decide on cant be based on 500 online players. The hard thing is to find a scaleable system. (which definatly isnt the planned PB system because its too elitist)

I think a instaPB system is better in scaling than a planned PB system because a planned PB system gets worse the more players you have. A instaPB system should get better the more players are on the server

• Like 2