Game-Labs Forum
znôrt

hull repair?

i could swear i just saw a guy repairing his hull in a battle.

not complaining, not accusing. just asking if this is a thing, and if it is being addressed.

35 minutes ago, znôrt said:

i could swear i just saw a guy repairing his hull in a battle.

not complaining, not accusing. just asking if this is a thing, and if it is being addressed.

that is possible for NA

press 5

. and repair hull  press 1/ or if you want to repair your sail >press 2

but for legends that is strange indeed

Edited by Thonys

7 minutes ago, Thonys said:

that is possible for NA

press 5

. and repair hull  press 1/ or if you want to repair your sail >press 2

but for legends that is strange indeed

clearly a bug or exploit. i'm positive he somehow did it though, i raked him several times at the beginning of the battle, and destroyed about 15 cannons and lots of crew, and had him at circa 25% hull. then i chased a bot and lost sight of him, then he came back and i raked him again, to my surprise his stern was intact, and then i realized his hull had gone up to more than 50%. we were the only two players in battle. 

I'm 99% sure I have seen a player suspiciously recover back to perfect hull strength in Legends, but wasn't sure enough of it at the time to file a report.

In my experience, paranoia about cheating is more detrimental to a competitive online game's experience than actual cheating (sore losers and network issues don't mix well with rumors of cheating), but at least now I know it is a thing and will pay more attention in the future.

4 minutes ago, greybuscat said:

I'm 99% sure I have seen a player suspiciously recover back to perfect hull strength in Legends, but wasn't sure enough of it at the time to file a report.

In my experience, paranoia about cheating is more detrimental to a competitive online game's experience than actual cheating (sore losers and network issues don't mix well with rumors of cheating), but at least now I know it is a thing and will pay more attention in the future.

Its not an exploit. 
We replace the person with a bot if he leaves the battle or disconnects (to help the team that has a lot of leavers somewhat). Player who leaves does not get XP or kills etc during that time of replacement. But the bot allows the team with a leaver to still have some chance. 

in the old times bot could repair - so this is what you see - a bug. If a player is replaced by a bot (instead of a normal spawn) sometimes he will try to repair. We removed the bot replacement today until we fix it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

Its not an exploit. 
We replace the person with a bot if he leaves the battle or disconnects (to help the team that has a lot of leavers somewhat). Player who leaves does not get XP or kills etc during that time of replacement. But the bot allows the team with a leaver to still have some chance. 

in the old times bot could repair - so this is what you see - a bug. If a player is replaced by a bot (instead of a normal spawn) sometimes he will repair.

This was, like, five days ago, but if you say it's a bug, I'll take your word for it.

I eagerly await the patch notes that announce it has been squashed.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Its not an exploit. 

in the old times bot could repair - so this is what you see - a bug. If a player is replaced by a bot (instead of a normal spawn) sometimes he will try to repair. We removed the bot replacement today until we fix it.

Haha, I thought this was a feature. I had a player say "GG buhbye" when he was downwind and alone against me and two bots. He exited and his sails went 0%. I ran down to grind his hull as much as I could, but the bot woke and started fighting and repairing. I actually thought it was a way for me to grind as much hull as I would like before capping or winning by BR or boarding.

btw, this was one hour ago, so well after your quoted post.