Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jeheil

Naval Action Legends - Things I still think it needs

Firstly having a ball, loving the game. I so hope this will be a success :

(note I am not commenting on Bots at all as I expect them to not exist in the main game once a player pop exists, bots aren't terrible...but they are also not great).

Core Things :

• After Battle Report needs to just be much more detailed and informational (see World of Tanks)
  • The UI for boarding is 'jarring' compared to the rest of the UI, I still don't really like the boarding game in general and its very confusing for a noob, so the UI needs to be alot more self explaining.
  • When hiring crew, adding mods etc it would be good (essential) to see the effect on the ships 'stats'. So you see the modified speed after adding planking etc. Now I know you guys thing this is 'ugly' so maybe have a checkbox or some such that adds in the impacts with floatover or some such to explain the fact speed is modded by +0.56 due to officer and -1.2 due to planking or some such.
  • Player and Ship Profile Analytics : Games Played, Won, Lost, Shots, Hits, Misses, Pens, Bounces (in and out for all)
  • Better Map, the current one is hard to use, seems too compressed

Nice Things :

• Clan Tags
  • Allow player to change wood types (at cost...a 'refit' as it were)
  • More maps
  • Some no circle maps, but with circle of death to stop the runners

I dream a dream :

• Micro Trans Prettiness
    • Figureheads
    • Shipname (with filter)
    • Mast Decals
    • Pennants
    • Crew Uniforms
  • Clan v Clan element (3v, 5v etc)
    • BR Based
    • Records Kept
    • Leaderboard (monthly perhaps)
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, Zorg the Merciless said:

I'd like to add Clan Warehouse activity log i.e  deposits & withdrawals. This could ideally include a transaction log of income/expenditure from owned ports. Who doesn't love a good spreadsheet to analyse!

Wrong game.

44 minutes ago, Galileus said:

Wrong game.

Yea, i read that, and was like what the.

On a side note: we have ask for that since clan got a wear house 

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Allow player to change wood types (at cost...a 'refit' as it were)

I not so sure about this.  One type is fine,  Or you will get into same problem as in NA people bringing stupid builds to battle, for either running away, "even more than they are now" or Just not knowing what is a real build. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JobaSet said:

I not so sure about this.  One type is fine,  Or you will get into same problem as in NA people bringing stupid builds to battle, for either running away, "even more than they are now" or Just not knowing what is a real build. 

Its just its a sort of unique thing in NA and running away is annoying but circles and timers see to that.

If the game is All players then the battles will be the full hour more often than not anyway

12 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Core Things :

•  Battle chat disappears too quickly and cannot be traced. So often I do not read chat immediately, and cannot react to tactical orders. -> Chat should have a "log".
  • Like 4

Essential Core  things: Fix the stupid boarding mechanincs.

Why take time building these beautifull ship models, then add a mechaninc where you look at a menu and click buttons for 5 mins.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Please explain it detail how to fix ? Maybe instead of buttons it could be crewmen artwork ?

For one thing make it not ping based.  99% of every some what even boarding, with players." IS WON by the players that knows how to board(very small number)" and is determined  by who has best ping if you have two players that know how to board. On global I could win almost every board with no mods because i had a 15 ping.  Not so much when I have 120-140 on NA-L.  

Only thing I can think to do is make it so you can't see what other side picked until after timer is gone threw.  But then it truly is a rock, paper, scissor thing every time and not sure that would play out well either. 

• Like 1

The problem isn't necessarily the boarding mechanics as the graphics. The experience is less like melee and more like pushing a button and hoping a pellet of food drops out of a hole in the wall. I want to see exploding grenades and enemy crew cowering. Armed men firing muskets from the masts into the enemy deck below. Cannons belching death and officers barking orders. Not a grey box and vanilla readout, yawn.

a larger variation of battles... 1 player vs 1 player and 5 bots on each side gets boring in the end... 

the possibility to recreate preset historical battles:

A menu that goes like this:

Skirmish (like now but with a lobby to get more players meeting each other and several options also, like how many participants etc).

Historical battles (shown with number of players in game lobby):

Trafalgar 

Copenhagen

Battle of the Nile

Battle of etc... etc...

It could be rather cool to have large battles as well....

• Like 1