Game-Labs Forum

Dear Developers

Today our battlegroup was tagging an enemy battlegroup close to an freeport.

As soon we tagged the other group, the tagged enemy ship left the enemy group instantly.
Resulting our group only tagging that one as the other enemies stayed in their group and they escaped to the freeport.

A 30 second delay on group leaving would fix this issue with the groups easily.

What you guys think?

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Please leave National politics out of suggestions threads.  The idea is to improve the game as a whole, not to sling mud.  Take that to the private clubs, found here:

http://forum.game-labs.net/clubs/

I cant agree. Firstly i dont see any politics in Sveno's suggestuon. Secondly, it is exactly for what the subforum "suggestion" is. To suggest ideas which can improve the game or fix current problema.

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Is there any difference between the two?

Yes. If enemy fleet is sailing in battle group you are not able to drag them into the battle by tagging anybody who is not in this group. And now imagine that somebody is leaving battlegroup. Instantly tagging him wont drag the rest of the fleet, what doesnt make sense at all. With 30 seconds delay he wouldnt be able to leave a group, because tagging takes 15 seconds.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Is there any difference between the two?

Yes, if you are in a group and someone outside of your group of your faction gets attacked, you get dragged into the battle.

If you are in a battle group and the same thing happens, you do not get dragged into. This is precisely what Sveno is talking about. Battle Group 1 attacks Battle Group 2, but the member they have targeted for attack just leaves Group 2, and gets dragged in all alone while the entire BG1 gets dragged in and the remaining ships of BG2 can just sail on unharmed.

And it took me 10 seconds and physical pain to like an Otto Kohl post.... But yeah, what he said 100%. "smart use of game mechnics" ....

Edited by Quineloe

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

[...] Its pure exploit that was used to save rest of the fleet. Maybe they could get all of them but because of this they got only one ship.[...]

Lol.

What?

:D:D:D

Or maybe they was not ready for swedes to jumpout from freeport so repaired and so healthy? Maybe they didn't had another 1,5 hour for next fight?

@sveno ,

if you wanna fight, then just ask for it. :)

There is no reason to create silly (sorry :) ) topics

12 minutes ago, HopMaH said:

Lol.

What?

:D:D:D

Or maybe they was not ready for swedes to jumpout from freeport so repaired and so healthy? Maybe they didn't had another 1,5 hour for next fight?

@sveno ,

if you wanna fight, then just ask for it. :)

There is no reason to create silly (sorry :) ) topics

If they wouldnt gave battlegroup, rest of them would be tagged with DIMAS. Only battlegroup allows to avoid being draged to the battle with an ally who who was tagged.

Edited by Mikocen

4 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

If they wouldnt gave battlegroup, rest of them would be tagged with DIMAS. Only battlegroup allows to avoid being draged to the battle with an ally who who was tagged.

m8, i know that. :)

And i still dont think it is pure exloit. :)

On the other hand.

Yesterdays explosion of the your battlegroups friend (remember that BOOM? :) ) was also a little bit unfair. Dont you think so? :)

7 minutes ago, HopMaH said:

m8, i know that. :)

And i still dont think it is pure exloit. :)

On the other hand.

Yesterdays explosion of the your battlegroups friend (remember that BOOM? :) ) was also a little bit unfair. Dont you think so? :)

I have never called it pure exploit, but i understand why sone players are calling this (how it was called?) "Tactic". I just think that it shouldnt work like that and its why this suggestion is here. You are tagging enemy fleet which is in front of you and you are not able to cause one of them left group? Thats ridicoulus. And if you can explain what was unfair in this explosion? We were really lucky that Ghastly managed to explode, but as i think it is what explosions it this game are for. Am i wrong?

Edited by Mikocen

2 hours ago, Mikocen said:

I have never called it pure exploit, but i understand why sone players are calling this (how it was called?) "Tactic". I just think that it shouldnt work like that and its why this suggestion is here. You are tagging enemy fleet which is in front of you and you are not able to cause one of them left group? Thats ridicoulus. And if you can explain what was unfair in this explosion? We were really lucky that Ghastly managed to explode, but as i think it is what explosions it this game are for. Am i wrong?

So you think to lose a battle and then be able to take a revenge fleet is a fair thing, but to sacrifice one ship from whole battlegroup is a ridicoulus cheating?

Hmmm..okay :)

Umm. in the screenshots I saw there was no fair fight in that battle you mention , and you want a fair fight afterwards? Yeah....

Anyway. I agree with Sveno that the mechanic is broken if you can just leave a battlegroup and avoid a fleet vs fleet tag that is not to your liking.

Ofc, its not cheating now as that is how the mechanic works atm but I agree that the mechanic needs to be changed to prevent possible abuse like this in the future.

9 hours ago, HopMaH said:

Wait, that's an argument now? really? "I don't have time for a full fight, so it's okay if I avoid it by abusing game mechanics?"

Maybe Dimas85 should have asked in battle to be left alone, he doesn't have another 1.5 hours for another fight. Should we have just let him go?

Edited by Quineloe

8 hours ago, HopMaH said:

You keep shooting a ship on fire right between all your own ships, it's your own damn fault if it blows up. This is a well established and known game mechanic.

Edited by Quineloe

On 12/12/2017 at 5:56 PM, Quineloe said:

Wait, that's an argument now? really? "I don't have time for a full fight, so it's okay if I avoid it by abusing game mechanics?"

Maybe Dimas85 should have asked in battle to be left alone, he doesn't have another 1.5 hours for another fight. Should we have just let him go?

I'll give you all the same reply INK gave me when some pirates were abusing the disconnect bug after unity 5 was deployed: "it's a perfectly valid tactic." Suck it up buttercups.