Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

Just now, Bart Smith said:

What is yours goal playing Naval Action then - may i ask? Its not about me - its about RvR in general - Realm vs Realm. In game like NA this is natural end game in my opinion but this maybe narrow minded thinking. In our nation we have only few people who are able to lead a PB - again pointing that some people are fixated to be present for every PB is wrong. It`s like people get fixated to play this game at all! So please dont say about narrow minded approach because as you can noticed we got here all kinds of players with different expectations.

Yes the end game is RvR and this will still be available, probably no less than you are getting right now on the EU server. If all the players currently on the EU server are so into the EU prime time port battles then you will still have a similar number so you will still have your opposition to fight in end game. The difference now is that there will be other clans setting battles that are outside your prime time and even if you cannot contest those ports because of your play time if there are enough EU clans someone will eventually capture that port and put it back on a EU timer suitable for you.

Start looking at some of the more positive things, like more players on the server which will help the economy, more targets in OW which will hopefully lead to more PvP. If nothing else at least give it a chance if it is a complete failure then I am sure even people who love the idea of the merged server will be on here complaining and things will change again.

• Like 1

Just now, Anne Wildcat said:

I will probably switch to whatever nation keeps the fewest dots. Just as long as the nation chat is English as I am not fluent in any other language.

On topic: I do feel sorry for those guys with 400+ ping.

our clan chat is our nation chat :D

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christoph said:

its english. we have British, US, AUS, Dutch, German, Norway..... players. no Russians in our clan

**cough** belgian and french as well. REDS is pretty much all over the place. And english as main language.

4 minutes ago, Cabral said:

So it's german, won't do for her.

So that is BS.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

you can raise hostility at 1am on EU but the battle will still happen at 17-00 UTC triggering immediately but happening at 1700
how is it different from today? did you think the questions through?

The system you propose is actually better because 1700 is just way too early for people who work full time jobs in the CET time zone. I expect we'll set our ports to 1900 UTC. Plus you have daylight saving problems. So yes, it is different.

I'm definitely willing to test this before we toss it, but the one big problem I can see from here is the lack of a warning system when your ports get attacked. I remember flags, sitting in ports for 2 hours until our windows closed because doing anything meant you'd be too late to react to a real assault flag. I think the same thing might happen here.

I'd like to repeat the "fixed assault flag" I posted in a different thread that would completely eliminate the issue of fake flags:

Make it so players have to dedicate themselves to a flag. if they are dedicated to one flag, they can't change it for an hour or until that flag is destroyed.  Broadcast who is dedicated to which flag. If there's a flag with only one player dedicated to it, it is a fake flag and can be ignored.  If you're not dedicated to the flag, you cannot join the PB it creates, and you can only dedicate to the flag when you are docked in the same port as the flag is right now.

Edited by Quineloe

4 hours ago, admin said:

Captains. Please pay attention to the important announcement regarding the pvp servers

PVP EU will be renamed "Caribbean"

So your saying for anyone that notices the lag just don't notice it anymore....

PVP Lag more like it.

7 minutes ago, koiz said:

PVP Lag more like it.

So your saying the smallest populations should not have lag, give the lag to biggest populated server? Seem fair and logical

• Like 3

As others have said the only thing I am concerned with is the port battles that can start instantly once hostility is raised.

It may have been better just to merge the servers with the port battle timers and the current 22 hour delay for battles to see how it works before introducing other changes. At least that way if it is a failure at least we would know if it was because the port battle timers was the issue or the instant port battles.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, koiz said:

PVP Lag more like it.

15 minutes ago, North said:

So your saying the smallest populations should not have lag, give the lag to biggest populated server? Seem fair and logical

as someone who routinely plays on both, I do not notice the lag.  70 ping vs 180 ping, really makes no difference in Naval Action.  This is from real game play experience, not just theoretical.  Let's take @North for example, he's got like 12 ping and he still manages to get boarded like a noob in PBs :-)

I do however think that to help the AUS/Oceanic players a server with the same location as global would be more ideal so everyone can have "acceptable" ping.  This however might be asking too much of our most gracious and accommodating EU server players just right now.  Once they get over the shock of the great American migration back to the server, they might be more open to other things.  Think of the merge as just inserting the tip for the time being.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

what if we have an account on both servers? but my account on the pvp global server is more advanced in terms of wealth and ships. do i need to delete my eu character to keep my global character? 

all assets, knowledge slots, money, and ships is transferred as a redeemable to you Caribbean account. you do not need to delete your EU character. the Admin has stated that everything on global would be moved to the new server as a redeemable.