Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

1 minute ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

... so i am a from [some Nation] and i have to play allways the [some Nation] Party in a computer game ... who is the idot ... 

edit: Us was only an example ... dinte want to offendmy friends in the US.

Nope but the fact is that most ppl will. And even if we disregard the imagined communities there's the language barrier which also plays into who you consider friends or allies. As I've said repeatedly - the timers has been tested and this "new" mechanic is nothing new.

Just now, Intrepido said:

Get friends, I have heard the same bullshit of people like chris. I thought you were capable of giving better solutions.

and I heard the same crap from you with zero solution over and over.  You do know that prob about 99% of the numbers on EU server don't give a crap about RvR all they want is OW numbers in a game they want to play.   You keep saying it was tried, actually it wasn't .  It was tried on a very broken system that is nothing like what we have now.  This is ALPHA TESTING OF A GAME.  We need to change things and try them.  Apparently with the number drops on EU your port timers wasn't working either.   Ya'll been loosing more players than GLOBAL has over all for a very long time.   So that means something wasn't working on BOTH servers.  So time to make changes and try new things out.  Hell it might work it might not, but this isn't final release so the Devs can do what ever they want.   

Remember over 50% of the sales of this game is US based, so they should not be catering to a small majority of the EU pop that just want to have it there way, they should be balancing a game for a global all around the world player base.   

When the game gets released maybe they will have an EU server with the locked port times again and you can return when that happens, until than why don't you try to suck it up and try something new out. I'm mean every thing is going to get wiped upon release any way other than our XP so why does it matter what we do until than?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

Nope but the fact is that most ppl will. And even if we disregard the imagined communities there's the language barrier which also plays into who you consider friends or allies. As I've said repeatedly - the timers has been tested and this "new" mechanic is nothing new.

I just have to translate the calls from the fleet comander once and than it works. U just have to follow or give order while in batlle no smalltalk is needed, so language barrier dosnt count. Whats next? i cant play with that guy becouse he like to eat vegan?

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

and I heard the same crap from you with zero solution over and over. 

It was never our responsibility to provide a solution. Either the @admin or the players actively nightflipping but all we heard were "suck it up". We did that for a few months and then we quit. I ain't gonna do it again.

@admin what's the ETA of this change? - I've got obligation to the clan and others I need to finish before I can quit entirely.

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

This is nothing new, a minor tweak of a failed system that made that the majority EU community asked the devs for a EU server with timers.

So easy to forget facts.

you mean facts like the timer system had the highest levels of population?

We have yet to test just a pure timer system without flags.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

You been doing a lot of name calling in this thread, honestly doesn't help you case and prob why other clans won't work with you during those time zones.  Hell I experienced it on EU when many of us where going to come over and help flight the US/GB players. 

• Like 1

You been doing a lot of name calling in this thread, honestly doesn't help you case and prob why other clans won't work with you during those time zones.  Hell I experienced it on EU when many of us where going to come over and help flight the US/GB players. 

I don't need my case "helped". I'm already done with the game.

1 minute ago, amplify said:

i love how most people are positive (including several E.U high ranking people) yet some people still have to wine and moan about it all

What I think is funny is they say that they have all the EU backing them, but I see more and more EU players wanting it and it's just the same two or three guys that complain over and over cause they aren't getting there way any more.  Times changes, the game changes, move on if it's not your game any more.  Maybe it will be what you want when it's release, maybe it will be something totally different.   

• Like 4

yep.

There is honestly a lot more players who would love to fight the "old western alliance" now than players left in that group. seriously if you can give is just a minute and maybe talk to these folks you'd realize that the majority the global players "who fight" are on EU's side to kill off any shitheads who think nightflipping is their job.

in fact you all harp on Christendom being the bringer of night and here we are, he is no longer part of the western alliance community and in fact works tirelessly to fight the mage alliance nerds. all his barking about nightflipping and whatnot is just to create drama, drama creates conflict which we all like. He's not going to tear your house down and hello kitty it, we all know we have pasts that make us not like each other, but that shouldn't stop us from discussing honorable agreements.

@sveno and the swede bunch probably know all too well how the nightflips went as others I'm sure remember, and yet here we are all wanting to play this game and we are willing to find a common ground here so we don't mud-sling back and forth. It's time for a change. Honestly I have a lot of folks on global who are not US based who would love to play with EU players or "everyone" for that matter, but they aren't willing to grind again until release, this merge would allow them that chance and most likely enjoy playing more than before.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, admin said:

one world = one pvp server

the die is cast.

@admin

Can you tell us when will this merge happen?

If a player has an account on both servers, all that he has on global (books, goods,  modules, ships) will be given back in "caribbean" as redemable?

Should we expect a map reset?

8 minutes ago, Salty Dog on Global said:

did you actually read what admin wrote?

I think I did, it said books learnt it did not mention books that may be in your warehouse unlearnt because they are ingredients for books like gunnery encyclopedia

I am quite often wrong what am I missing?

I'm honestly thinking of going the Prussian route myself instead of pirate (I'll keep my one pirate pirates though).  Will have to see what the clan wants to do, but it's for sure not be US or GB.  I have played Every nation on this game except Dutch and Swedes so maybe it's time I try one of them out too.   

@admin my only big concern is will there be a port wipe cause having a large number of players come in with established controled ports and clans is going to be a big mess as folks grab ports off others and such.  I mean it might be fun and it might drive folks away.  Might be better to do a map reset of the ports owner and let folks retake them as new clans and nations fill things out in the new server.  Cause lets stop calling them EU and GLOBAL.  There will be one server and only one the "Caribbean" (well except them silly PvE guys).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, amplify said:

uhm why would they you can set a timer when you are able to defend what reason would they have to quit how are more people bad?

I think what they mean is, if a clan loses a defense vs a clan based in another timezone, it will be pretty much impossible to re capture it on workdays - but doable on weekends I guess

Might give PBs a bit more attraction and importance. Worth testing

• Like 3