Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

i would like to point out again for you that there is a NEWS function in steam you may wanna use for ANNOUNCEMENTS,,,

also clan banks to last officer logged in is a bit retarded since you just told officers how to take the money and run if they are inclined...should be creator/owner

either way LEARN TO USE NEWS PLEASE!!

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

Before they could also take everything and leave without a trace

not really......warehouses are huge, maybe strip cash and some mats but emptying is a bit hard...

perpetuating bad ideas isn't the way forward

the point i am trying to make here is that I don't know who the hello kitty the last officer online was so how the hell do i find all my stuff??

Edited by Fastidius

2 minutes ago, Bolitho said:

Just got back to NA after  a very long absence.

I am unable to start the game beyond the Shard Selection screen. SELECT does not activate.

Grateful for any help.

currently in maintenance , server status should be updated here http://naval-action.1formatik.com/server-status.php

appologies if you already know all this and it's something else.

1 minute ago, Lord Reginald said:

Do we have to use the Forged Docs to change nation if we change the player in the new Carib Eu?

depends. You can delete your character and create a new one and keep your redeemables. But if you want to keep your ships, WH contents, XP, etc, then forged papers are the only way.

• 2 weeks later...

So just out of curiosity, why was there no map reset prior to the merge so that ALL players had a chance to get established instead of screwing a large number of players by forcing them into a situation where they are drastically outnumbered and have little to no chance to establish a holding in which to build. Just would like to  know who this merger catered to because it sure was not the players being forced over.

• Like 1

Just now, rediii said:

There are enough ports for everyone atm. If you want to conquer stuff VP and russia offer multiple ports

Based on the intel I have heard going after russian ports involves fighting both russia and spain as one screens for the other and uses pseudo battles to hide the fleets until the port battle.

Though if you have a nation that has enough players to field a decent fleet that can deal with the before mentioned tactic then yes there are port that can be fought for, but all i have seen over the last few days is russia expanding their holdings. This still does not answer the question as to why there was not a map reset at the time of the merge.

A map reset would not have damaged the larger population any worse then taking pvp2's population and force feeding them to a meat grinder as this merge has done. The US is non existent and GB is blockaded on one port and the other is under constant attack. How the hell is a group of new players with no established outposts or building areas supposed to move out and setup anywhere. KPR is very easy to lock down and there is near nothing near Belize that offers a way to recapture the surrounding areas to establish a secure area. Yes, it will be a massive fight for GB at this point, more so when you add that is seems the existing GB players of pvp1 are broken and have already given up. Great job devs for screwing the pooch on this one.

So back to the question i suppose since no admin has decided to grace us with an explanation as to why the map was not reset at the time of the merger.

The merger screwed over every small clan that was pushed over due to them lacking the numbers to establish a foothold on the new server. If you are unsure what I mean then let me provide some details. I play GB and I know of a few small clans that existed on PVP2 prior to the move that gained strength from their relationship with a few larger clans. That relationship was pretty much gutted with the merge as the larger clans are having difficulties getting setup themselves much less having the resources to provide assistance to the smaller clans. So the game in effect now is you have an established server with (from what I hear) GB being nearly crushed and then force feed fresh targets into the mix for the PVP1 twits to play with knowing full well that the clans being fed to them will take some time to build up resources to keep a fleet operational. While the newly joined clans can sail around and setup outposts they will have to contend with EVERY damn thing they own being dropped into KPR JUST so they can gain access to the goods they brought over with them. So now the clans ENTIRE resource pool is located in a port that is under constant attack. Absolute genius there guys... While it is possible to break out using either timing or decoy groups it is still rather annoying that over 25% of the current player base was put into a position of being cannon fodder while in the past the map was reset for reasons that were less impacting then the merger.

2 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

@Raekur You want a map reset so you can establish a base outside the safezone of KPR because it's not safe there? 

does it require a group to sail out from your port? When the merge took place we were informed that it would take a group of 6 to just leave port due to the constant attacks due to hostile forces having ports nearby that they would NOT have if the map was reset. How is it fair to take a group of players and drop them into a map where they have little to no chance to establish a base to operate from? While I am sure you love having easy targets that this merger provided I do not feel that a merge without a reset was uncalled for.

18 minutes ago, Raekur said:

does it require a group to sail out from your port? When the merge took place we were informed that it would take a group of 6 to just leave port due to the constant attacks due to hostile forces having ports nearby that they would NOT have if the map was reset. How is it fair to take a group of players and drop them into a map where they have little to no chance to establish a base to operate from? While I am sure you love having easy targets that this merger provided I do not feel that a merge without a reset was uncalled for.

I doubt that