Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

8 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Don't count on me being right, but the main thing the guy asked about was his "double planking", whatever that even does, given you are certain to run into the 25% cap with even one planking (unless you double plank a fir fir ship)

My ships are from the redeemables that produced a ship with two types of planking. Like one is a teak with wo/wo planking.

3 minutes ago, Valentine Karrde said:

They can make redeemables to match whatever you have. Not all redeemables give free choice of woods.

I was asking for them to indicate where the Devs said this, as someone mentioned that you would get to choose. There is a lot of information being given out by people based on their interpretation of the Devs statements which is wrong and this really needs to be clarified, and I wish people would not fill in the blanks themselves.

15 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

Looks like the aimed for timeframe is next week.  These things are never hard dates, however.

We had all ready expected prob Monday or the week after, lets hope for Monday to get this over with.  I mean I don't mind continue stocking up on resources on GLOBAL cause it's easy to get them but I just want the move over with lol

7 hours ago, admin said:

costs for buildings will be sent to your redeems as cash.

haha don't worry I already have, I just played casually so long that my redeemables from the last wipe are very small and do not give the comfort of 650 crewmen, but hey next week sounds good if all those planned i was fearing you would say next month.

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

One of Admins posts said they were hoping for early next week.  Really no reason why you can’t get started on the new server already though.  

See that is the rub.  I can start on the new server with nothing and grind up to a million or so or...

I can grind with my existing character, existing trade routes and crafting goods and build for the merge.

I don't see any value in playing an hour for a hundred thousand when I can earn millions in that same hour up to the actual merge.  Just give me some heads up so I can get ready for it in time.  It does me zero good to grind exp on the new server since I am max in rank and crafting.  After the merge, I'll be in my best ships and ready to go. I have buds who are moving over (I hope) so we will clan up together.  The new port battle scheme is not in place so doing hostility is useless.

My plan is to land with a full port of solid ships, enough cash to build my crafting network quickly and if crafting goods move, I'll be set up in hours to make what I need.  That's best done where I am already set up.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, admin said:

Captains. Please pay attention to the important announcement regarding the pvp servers

@admin can I suggest that, for threads like this, you update the opening post after clarifying any issue in the thread. This will keep all relevant up-to-date information in the first post. 

It will also avoid a lazy b@stard like me, trying to understand the latest position, not having to read 25 pages of :

- repeat questions 

- disparaging dross / sycophantic licking 

- poor/wrong answers given by the unauthorised  

- 'see earlier' posts 

- irrelevant dross

- off topic posts (like this one)  

Buster (#SanityPreservationSociety)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Valentine Karrde said:

My ships are from the redeemables that produced a ship with two types of planking. Like one is a teak with wo/wo planking.

Oh, you got that confused. the first WO is framing, the second WO is planking.  And then there's the ship knowledge "planking".

41 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Oh, you got that confused. the first WO is framing, the second WO is planking.  And then there's the ship knowledge "planking".

No, teak is the framing and it has two sets of planking. There are a rare few of those ships on both servers. I have collected several. They come from having an old style redeemable used in the new system. So if your redeemables were hoarded from earlier, you can get stacked planking. 

Edited by Valentine Karrde

You will have the option to choose the frame and planking wood by yourself. Thus current ships with 3 wood types on PVP Global (it happened to all head start after wipe ships that were redeemed after we implemented the option to choose wood types by players themselves) will be transformed to general ships with 2 wood types which you will be able to choose.

21 minutes ago, Ink said:

You will have the option to choose the frame and planking wood by yourself. Thus current ships with 3 wood types on PVP Global (it happened to all head start after wipe ships that were redeemed after we implemented the option to choose wood types by players themselves) will be transformed to general ships with 2 wood types which you will be able to choose.

I'm kicking myself now cause I just gave away a bunch of L'Oceans I captured since wipe in Port Battles cause they weren't builds I would us.  Now I wish I keep them for the mods on them and to redeem them the way I would us them...lol  That is my luck like my curse of RNG that never drops anything other than Boatswain books when I loot them.