Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

10 minutes ago, victor said:

But red or white status of players (so the fact that you can or cannot attack them in OS or you can or cannot joing a heating mission) is determined by faction.

Gotcha. Thought the discussion was about attacking or defending Ports -  one Clan with other clans that are Friends.

OW never had timezones. So i'm not getting what is the reasoning underlying that statement.

43 minutes ago, rediii said:

Your math is not correct.

You have to take into account that people come back and people leave due to the patch.

Ping is a thing, new mechanics is a thing, recent experience of a merged server is a HUGE thing.

Like global players thought at the split/new mechanics of the EU server that global server will be the server that succeeds they will be wrong again. Gameplay experience wont get better for global players aswell as EU players. Instead we have a server together and a worse system together just for the sake of having one server which shouldnt be the target of development. Target should be to create fun mechanics that provide long life content to the game because its big avertisement for a game if players stay long. They create days to remember, history of the game and a lot of youthbe etc. content aswell as tutorials and so on which gets new players to the game.

Global players will stop playing due to ping and restricted ports (who will not pay that 100k fee?) and maybe fails at the merge itself. EU players will leave due to new mechanics and dependance on other timezone players with which they have to work together even if they dont like them.

Really Redi?  US players have been playing on a server based in the EU for a very long time with 150 or so ping. The only people that might not be able to pay are the ones in Asia.

25 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

ek9ceP7.png

Here's the time zones that I could list. Looks like EU players are gonna have a fun time waking up at 5am to attack US ports

Weekend flips incoming :)

In the discussions before separating the servers I warned that this would not last long .... It would last until the global server will be empty, and began to mourn to bring the servers back together ... Well, the time has come .... Return to the nightflips, back to insults in the forum, and turn to make a nice game unplayable .... Thank you very much devs ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McMannis said:

Really Redi?  US players have been playing on a server based in the EU for a very long time with 150 or so ping. The only people that might not be able to pay are the ones in Asia.

@rediii @McMannis I believe we're all off topic from the original posts I replied to. My point is that the gentleman's assumption of what the dev perceive to be a successful merge could be wrong. Given the current number of players, by combining the servers you players might see an increase in population during their playtime, which was my example. And that could be the aim of the dev. Despite any players leaving if players notice a 10% increase in the number of people playing during their timeslot they might be happier.  Or perhaps the aim was to reduce costs during development stage. It is an alpha test running on 3 separate servers, the Devs might be pressed to better manage their funds until they are certain they have anything that's likely to pull in more money.

In regards to the ping issue, aside from deciding where to place the server and how much data is sent or received there is little the Devs can do about it. As someone playing from Sydney I'm getting 400ms-500ms ping on EU and it's noticeable. Yet, I must say that perhaps the Devs is willing to let oceanic players go if that means they reduce spending and still have enough alpha players till the game is officially released.

In regards to publicity, the devs would know what is the net number of players, they would get a rough idea whether the current population are capable of generating enough publicity to attract more players in any significant ways.  

At the end of the day there is fine tuning to be done, and tests to be run. The Devs understood that  and that they'd lose any players who doesn't understand that.

Edited by PenguPirate
Mention publicity as a function of population

16 hours ago, admin said:

you can read it on game login screen so everyone who plays the game knows it (unlike you).

As I said in the post that was removed... and very on topic...

You got jokes. 

The problem isnt just you dont communicate outside of these forums.  And good you put it in game on the login, in pink.... really pink?    But the people who DONT login anymore because they are sick of the dead servers or lack of content.   When they see a big patch hit on the Steam downloads they will wonder, "maybe he fixed the game"... then come back and go "WTF?!"

At least you tried....

• Like 1

Sigh, Strongly think that sever merge is just going to push the player-base lower. With this merge happening, it will push Asia players to either play with very high pings 450+ or will just push them away from the game(Yes i know admin announced Asia server but cant hold my breathe for another 2 years). Night flips will always be a big issue when merged, alot of people will come back to Forums and complain about it just like every other update that happens. Eventually it gets rolled back to what it was(1 step forward, 2 steps backwards).

I could sit here and curse out the Dev team but not worth it. The Truth about the game is in the review system along with the downhill player-base. 

Doubt I'll be back but fingers crossed something gets the Dev team actually putting out good content. o7

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hodo said:

pink?

might be due to some colour blind conditions ? C'mon man, take it as it is.

The announcement is out there. Plus we are all, in our own, venues of announcing it as well to our own gaming communities that share time in NA from time to time.

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Most EU players cant even attack US ports during weekends because of this.

THE PEOPLE NEEDS TO SLEEP.

This merge will only made that EU RVR community leaves the game because NA has gone unhealthy for them.

And why do you have to attack US ports?  You don't want them to attack your ports and set off time ports than maybe don't attack there ports.  There is a majority of EU clans right on this server so shouldn't the EU's stick to fighting other EU clans if they don't want other time zone battles to happen?   I mean I plan to only worry about battles with other US and AUS/SEA clans/players myself.  I might get involved in some screening during EU main prime time on the weekends, but other than that I don't plan to spend my mid day messing with your prime time.  

If you don't want flips in other time zones than you pay the fee, if your to broke to pay the fee or don't want to grind than maybe you shouldn't own the port.  Let some other clan own it that is willing to pay the fee and fight for it.

36 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

When is it happening???

That's THE most important question.

To much delay will harm the game.

Yah @admin we really need an ETA on this. Even if it's something like a couple weeks from now or will it be next week?  A lot of folks want to just drop every thing and get it over with.  Though if we have to wait weeks or until the first of the year your going to loose and piss off more players.  Lets just get this done and over with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The time window is 2-3 hours. You will always have people online to defend even if you yourself isn't online. If you lose the port in your time that US players stayed up late to take how can you complain when you yourself have to do the same thing to get it back? Where is the unfairness?

Please someone from EU enlighten me why its such a problem. I don't want to fling shit I just wanna understand.

You are right. No problem if ppl wants to play in an non restrictet way. Those that have chosen to play on EU, did soe because they wantet some restriktions. So now ifthey wanner play NA, they are forced to play on a server they turned Down.

actually global player turned Down there own server. If they had liked the gamerukes on global, well there would more players there then on EU server 

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Experiences that Hethwil dont have a clue when he was sailing in his privateer all the time.

You mean making the game work for him the way he likes to play rather than bitch about some broken mythical "end-game content"?  Are some of you peope so one-dimensional in real life?

BOORRRRRRRRRRING.

3 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

The time window is 2-3 hours. You will always have people online to defend even if you yourself isn't online. If you lose the port in your time that US players stayed up late to take how can you complain when you yourself have to do the same thing to get it back? Where is the unfairness?

Please someone from EU enlighten me why its such a problem. I don't want to fling shit I just wanna understand.

Simple enough. Even if we set the timer and you show up in oure timezone. We might win some of the pb and some we are going to lose: But unikke you we wont be up at Night to win it back. So in the end we can only lose.

I do even think a lot of port will be with out a timer, simple because lots of EU players not are going to be part of the RvR under this game ruleset. In short time global will play on a server in regard to RvR as the one they play on now.

Can the Devs please clarify exactly what will be transferred over and what will not when the server merge happens. I have read the forum posts and the message on the login screen but it is still unclear regarding some items. On the login screen it mentions opened skillbooks, what is an opened skill book? is this one that you have already learned? if so what about closed skillbooks that you were saving because they are needed in some recipe that you do not yet have all the parts for? What about permanent upgrades are they classed as assets?

We also need a clear answer regarding how characters will be handled between servers, will the Global characters be lost and the XP be in the form of a redeemable on the new server, what if the character on the new server already has some xp, is the redeemable xp going to be in addition to that? What if the character on the new server is in a different nation, will they be allowed to change?

What if you prefer the name of your character on the Global server but already have a character on the EU server with a different name, do you get to choose which name?

These are all specific things that need to be clarified in advance to prevent arguments and disgruntled people once the merge has happened, and please let the Devs respond to these questions not other people with what they perceive has been said in the brief announcements.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stepp636 said:

@Archaos Delete the char from EU and create a new one. You will get all your stuff from global as redeemable. 

Please let the Devs respond, your response does not even start to answer my questions and can only serve to create more confusion. At no stage have I seen any response from Devs saying to delete a character on the EU server.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Please let the Devs respond, your response does not even start to answer my questions and can only serve to create more confusion. At no stage have I seen any response from Devs saying to delete a character on the EU server.

If your happy with the name of the char on EU you don't have to delete it. If you want to change nations than use forge papers.  The delete option is only for those that want to change the name of there chars.  Though I do agree we need a bit more clear info. Along with an ETA of when this is going to take place.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If your happy with the name of the char on EU you don't have to delete it. If you want to change nations than use forge papers.  The delete option is only for those that want to change the name of there chars.  Though I do agree we need a bit more clear info. Along with an ETA of when this is going to take place.

This still does not answer most of the questions, what if my character on EU has some experience does the transfer xp allow me to jump a rank because my Global character was higher level or even same level?

What about unopened skillbooks? are these just lost.

They need to give clear guidance on how it will happen otherwise you will get the usual s**tstorm from disgruntled people who have lost items, especially if they lose items that are parts of rare skillbooks. 

• Like 2

Yep agree we need a bit more details and more clear answers.  If we can stack the XP it means some folks will level up or even max out there chars.  I know my crafter has gained two rank since the wipe so this would let me prob max it's rank out even though it's level 50 crafter.  Not that it needs rank as it's just used and abused to make ships and cannons lol

• Like 2

All assets will be transferred to the merged server. You do not need to delete the current character on PVP EU - you will be able to use stuff from Global PVP on your current character (including experience). If you do not have a character on PVP EU, after the merge just create a character and all stuff will be in your redeemables. If you wish to change the name, you can delete your PVP EU character, redeemables are safe until used.

Clarification regarding books:

• If you learnt Book A and you also have another copy of Book A in your warehouse on PVP Global, you will receive 2x Book A in redeemables.

Clarification regarding Ship slots:

• All learned slots from all ships will be transferred as a new type one experience redeemable including all ships (separate from general battle and craft experiences). E.g. If you have 1 open slot on Ship A on PVP EU and had 3 open slots on Ship A on PVP Global, experience from these 3 slots will be added to the current 1 open slot.

Clarification regarding Clan Warehouse:

• Clan assets will be in an officer redeemables  who logged in last.

Clarification regarding installed upgrades and guns:

• Installed upgrades and guns will be in your redeemables

• Like 16