Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

On 12/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, admin said:

Captains. Please pay attention to the important announcement regarding the pvp servers

PVP EU will be renamed "Caribbean"

• PVP global will be closed down 
  • All assets from the PVP Global will be transferred to the redeemables tied to steam account i

Guys please read this carefully. Answers is here.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, admin said:

There will be no map reset. Players will be able to reset the map by natural means of conquest

Seriously... This is a mistake. 

What happens when the Euers start zerging the new population? They are totally going to stick around for that.... not.

Edited by koiz

5 minutes ago, koiz said:

What happens when the Euers start zerging the new population? They are totally going to stick around for that.... not.

Zerging the new populations??? Aren't you joining a current nation or maybe u have magic powers and make your own new nation? Cant zerg a nation that allready has players, cause all our nations does unlike global server

3 minutes ago, koiz said:

To be honest, most people wont even know the Global server will be shutdown till a few days if not weeks after it happens. 

Why?

Because they dont use the forums and the ADMIN is bad at communicating any other way.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

To be honest, most people wont even know the Global server will be shutdown till a few days if not weeks after it happens. 

Why?

Because they dont use the forums and the ADMIN is bad at communicating any other way.

you can read it on game login screen so everyone who plays the game knows it (unlike you).

• Like 17

1 hour ago, koiz said:

With the low population global server has no one is gonna notice as most of them play eu allready.. Trust me your not worth zerging there are bigger fish to fry.

11 hours ago, admin said:

all assets will be transferred. including marks, rare books (learnt or unlearnt) and knowledge slots

Thanks. I just like to be sure, especially because tons of people who don't visit the forums have been asking about this stuff in-game.

It's nice to be able to provide concrete detailed answers.

4 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Oh I'm sure they're doing it because you're all just so lovely and no other reason :D Welcome back to (undeserved) relevance.

Don't cut my world or they are not meaning anything.

I was one on the pro europe server. i think now it's time to try again.

The 2 community, europe and us were hated each other. Sometimes you have to split lovers that start to trreat themself badly to make them more united after that.

Children have been split and now they are missing each others. I say: lets try, the insta pb correct the problem of nightlfip in my point of view. The window BP is mayve not the worst we will see

@admin good move 👌

to those that have thown toys out if there said cot please sit the f down and chill for 5 seriously is this change going to affect you that much I don’t think so. But if you quit over this then maybe the game is better of without you so good bye.

reading this is really making me wont to play then I remember downtime 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢 

glad to see a good change maybe the next change would be to allow custom sized PB’s so smlller clans have a shot at playing with the rest of the playerbase and some more pve content 

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rebrall said:

@admin good move 👌

to those that have thown toys out if there said cot please sit the f down and chill for 5 seriously is this change going to affect you that much I don’t think so. But if you quit over this then maybe the game is better of without you so good bye.

reading this is really making me wont to play then I remember downtime 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢 

glad to see a good change maybe the next change would be to allow custom sized PB’s so smlller clans have a shot at playing with the rest of the playerbase and some more pve content 

If you are a smaller clan, capture smaller ports. We already have varied size port battles 

9 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

But why would they? If the defensive side can set the timer to their prime time then they'll never get the port taken under their nose, no?

The problem does not come only protection timers (which is expensive) to protect our ports but especially the impossibility for European clans to attack ports protected by US or Australian clans that will probably be 5 or 6 am (server time). And if a nation has 2 or 3 US or Australian or Chinese clans that can defend all ports at 4 or 5 am then they will have the opportunity to put all the ports of the nation at this time, and there it kills the RVR totally. This has already been done in the past and it was just unbearable!

I get what the EU pop is saying, they are afraid US players will set their defensive timers at unreasonable times for EU players to attack.  But as the global community is joining the EU server, they will have to take those ports first before they can set the timers.  So unless a large US pop (other than privateers like myself) play on EU, I don't see a big problem.  Just be ready to defend your important ports so they cannot be flipped and timers switched. I just feel bad for those that will have horrid ping. 

Sounds like a step in a positive direction. If anything it can only help the mass migration of players from the Global server. Having barely a 100 players on in prime time U.S. Hours was a recipe for disaster. Hope this can at least retain and attract more players now.

5 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

I have a character on EU and on Global.  They have 2 different names, EXP, Redeemables.  How will all this be reconciled?  Will we be able to combine it all and rename?

This has been explained already, but what the heck.  

Your character on EU will be the "main" one.  XP, Crafting XP, Ships, Resources and Supposably skill books will be transferred to you via redeemables on the EU character.  If you wanted to rename your character on EU you would have to delete him and remake.  Assuming you are max rank on global and crafting XP you can redeem that one the new character and be max rank with all your stuff.  Whatever you have listed in your redeemable slot will remain with you regardless of character name until it's redeemed. 

• Like 2

@admin please walk me through this scenario :

I have a Victory made of Live oak and White Oak with Cartagena caulking mod and Navy Structure refit.
When it is "moved" to the EU server, I'd get a redeemable for a Victory ( that I can choose any wood types), a redeemable for Cartagena Caulking, and a redeemable for navy structure refit?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by DustyA
fail tag

I dont think ppl who like the merge understand how much does how dislike it, hates it.

we test a game so there will be changes. But in a test we should play is as we will when it is finished, not try to compensate for it fails.

1. Im am not going to grind money to get a defence timer. Well we all know what it will end up with.

2 I will not change the time I play, it is a game not Real life. So a global inviroment in sence of RVR, wont give me anything and I wont add anything to, I guess lots of plsyers feel the same. I wont stay up 1 hour later to compensate for timezones. I wont be playing nights ore early mornings weekendsmorings*

so all in all think it is getting a tough ride the next Monty. I choosed limitid time pb becaus it was what got along with my live.

An all the ppl you keep saying, that they just can leave, well most of them is the on who have been the guys that keep creating content. But guess we dont need them.

But it is comming, so I just have to live with it. But boy do I personally think the devs hello kittyed up this time. 

Edited by staun
* wrote weekend and not winther
  • Like 2