Game-Labs Forum

Important: Server status announcement

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Didn't even think of that but that would double the cost of all ports own.  We have about 23 ports on Global and that is over 2.5 million in cost a day, but with income we where only having to pay in around 600K a day after cost.   It's not to bad, but I can see clans owning less ports.  That might be good if they don't do a wipe than many clans are going to drop there extra ports to give the new clans a chance at some of the scraps, but still established clans will have all the best pickings for there nations.

All this mechanics will may work but with full server...adding extra costs taking your time from fun - pvp, rvr etc. Fact that pop will boost by 200+ players for week or so change nothing.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2017 at 3:21 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

That going to suck for pirates since the Russians (I believe former pirates) took Kidds.   Hmm.   So basically any of the refugee's from the other server will have to start from scratch clan based and fight over scraps of the EU clans that are all ready established and got a foot hold of the server.  You might want to rethink this as it would be a good time to do a reset of the map and retest battle/port mechanics again.

[edit out - the moderation team] You get merged to eu server and want map wipe so russian clans can loose their warehouse, when yours is safe in the redeemables

Capture port and set up

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Seems to me like this should be the biggest element of conversation here.  I'm not sure if resetting or not resetting would actually create more satisfaction on the newly merged server.  But if I had to guess, I would think an immediate map reset would be a better move forward.  To me, not resetting ports right now may tend to create resentment and maybe permanent grudges between clans.

Yup

Basically two communities with different paces and playgrounds are being put together to one sandbox playground, and the smaller community is expected to adapt

Easiest solution with the fewest problems created would be a mapwipe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stepp636 said:

I don't like that a pb can be set immediately. 

Attackers can do 4 hostility missions without anyone noticing before it's too late. 

With the BR on ports the defenders need the right ships there and an outpost ofcourse. 

totaly agree. then we have lots of empty pbs

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Not if you know your ports are up at a particular time? You should be prepared no?

Gonna have to disagree. 

scenario:

Time with most players(5-8players/53players) from clan online: 4pm.

The defence would then be best set at this time but with 8 players on, your chances are slim.

If you have time to let the rest of your players know and try to muster a team the next day you might have 10-12, a better prospect. Also, the 8 players on might be elsewhere on the map.

Edited by PenguPirate
Grammar
  • Like 1

Call me skeptical and having already expressed my disappointment as an Australian player but given all the other logistics of time zones why shut down Global server. If people really wanted a larger player base all they had to do was create a transfer account option and they can play on what ever server they so choose this is really just another nail in the coffin for this game.

I feel like we've been here before...

------

Will we at least get more dockspace? The max dock expansion is already far too small to accommodate the BR PBs that require us to have many different types of ships for different roles and different PBs. Now we also need to have ships ready to defend multiple ports that can be attacked on the same day with no warning to move ships ahead of time.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Call me skeptical and having already expressed my disappointment as an Australian player but given all the other logistics of time zones why shut down Global server. If people really wanted a larger player base all they had to do was create a transfer account option and they can play on what ever server they so choose this is really just another nail in the coffin for this game.

I'm not a big fan of shutting down the global server too, but can you explain how that works without causing conflicts in the OW states or be any different from just starting a character on the other server?

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

This system favours:

BIg nations steamrolling easily others.

The return of the impossibility to capture those ports protected by timers outside your own timezone.

Empty PBs due to not having time to prepare a decent defense.

Add to this zero balance in choosing nations and alt problems...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

I read very well.

It is very easy to flip a port on the defense timer and after you conquest, then set it to a timer the previous owner cant attack.

Game over.

Very good job devs. This is the begining of another failed PVP Global server.

You seem very one sided with this argument. On one hand you say you cannot attack the US and AUS/NZ clan ports because the timers are not in your prime time, but then you say that these same people can easily take your ports in your prime time and once taken switch them to their own prime time.

It works both ways if they can take the time to attack you in your prime time then you can find the time to attack them in their prime time. It is the same difficulty for everyone and not an advantage to any particular timezone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

You seem very one sided with this argument. On one hand you say you cannot attack the US and AUS/NZ clan ports because the timers are not in your prime time, but then you say that these same people can easily take your ports in your prime time and once taken switch them to their own prime time.

It works both ways if they can take the time to attack you in your prime time then you can find the time to attack them in their prime time. It is the same difficulty for everyone and not an advantage to any particular timezone.

You right but where is fun in this? Why i have to not go sleep trying take over some ports? This will only work when we got full server all the time and every nations have players from all timezones...and we know reality looks different now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Mate, the british have done this a million times BECAUSE SOME NATIONS HAVE A 24/7 PLAYERBASE WITH ZERO EFFORT.

... bad british nation ... where is the problem, just get allies in ur time zone to defend in ur time zone, or just get allies in other time zones to attack in the other time zone ... this is a multiplayer game so stop looking only on ur point of view ... stop complaining and give it a try.