Game-Labs Forum

OW Capture Zones

OW lacks any PVP or RVR content. We have a massive ocean with nothing in it.

I suggest a type of lattice system that makes use of the vast ocean we have, and adds to the PVP/RVR element of the game. Here it is

TMd52oH.jpg

So basically it works off the grid system, each grid is a capture zone and every captured port flips its grid. Grids can only be built off of other grids or captured ports. These zones are small enough to be capped on a simple occupy timer. Time to cap would be 10 minutes give or take and be halted or flipped with similar numbers. Not much more too it, a very simple method of PVP/RVR that utilized the whole map, and finally gives objectives to players to compete for around the clock

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

5 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

OW lacks any PVP or RVR content. We have a massive ocean with nothing in it.

I suggest a type of lattice system that makes use of the vast ocean we have, and adds to the PVP/RVR element of the game. Here it is

TMd52oH.jpg

So basically it works off the grid system, each grid is a capture zone and every captured port flips its grid. Grids can only be built off of other grids or captured ports. These zones are small enough to be capped on a simple occupy timer. Time to cap would be 10 minutes give or take and be halted or flipped with similar numbers. Not much more too it, a very simple method of PVP/RVR that utilized the whole map, and finally gives objectives to players to compete for around the clock

Where is the point? Just some more useless PVE grind? 

Edited by CTC_ClanLeader

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Territory control of the seas extends as far as the reach of the guns.

That's my opinion ( and I am sure it is similar to something someone important said back in the grand age of sail ).

Yes but this is a game, an MMO no less, and we lack OW content and a large % of the map is unused. 

This provides all the OW PVP/RVR content to keep players occupied, and funnel PVP while working towards objectives useful to your nation that you can do at any time with any number of population. 

5 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

Where is the point? Just some more useless grind?

Point is its fun and adds content to a lifeless OW. You can have fun around the clock capturing these zones and find pvp without hunting new players.  

What do you mean grind? There is no AI involved. You're capturing and holding zones that link ports together and act as a giant game of Japanese GO! It turns OW into a grand strategy game worthy of the scale of NA

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

With the supression of the trade routes, yes, it became unused. (aka. immunity trade zones )

I assure you that all those quadrants are marked on my old captain's log with prizes and amazingly the biggest ones were actually in the big center-

Do we even know what we want ? ;) safety or players being content ?

Decisions...decisions...

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

With the supression of the trade routes, yes, it became unused. (aka. immunity trade zones )

I assure you that all those quadrants are marked on my old captain's log with prizes and amazingly the biggest ones were actually in the big center-

Do we even know what we want ? ;) safety or players being content ?

Decisions...decisions...

Even before the OW was lifeless. You're looking in the middle of nowhere for random non combat ships, yes you can still do that here, but why would you? Go hunt for other PVPers before they take your zone!

And now the nation will recognize your efforts when you and 10 buddies patrol waters. Real, tangible results!

Safety or Content, we have both here. Safezones can coexist with this system because the fights will be directed to the borders of these zones, the front lines. Not at capitals waters.

There's nothing to sacrifice here, no heavy ultimatum between hardcore and casual.
Simply utilizing the massive, empty map we have to add PVP/RVR content making the game better.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

I will disagree and I did a full campaign in Global pair with plenty others in EU. Only nation I did not campaign for yet is Spain ( and the new ones ).

You find what you search for. I know I do.

But right now... trade wars are inexistent at a 1 to 12 odds.

I understand the lattice idea, but I find it a faux feature.

A game cannot force players to pvp when they don't want to pvp. That is the bottom line. Cheap ships are good enough to pvp. Captured ships are good tinder boxes for pvp. That's how cheap pvp is :) 

I hope your idea works.

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I will disagree and I did a campaign in Global.

You find what you search for.

I understand the lattice idea, but I find it a faux feature.

A game cannot force players to pvp when they don't want to pvp. That is the bottom line.

Then those players won't participate in capturing them, again there is no ultimatum here. This gives more game to play. Its a game within a game. You don't have to play but there will be a bunch of people who do because its fun and gives them something to do when they get online. We have no lack of PVPers, we have lack of PVP.

If you're a PVEr or a trader this will hardly affect you at all, it's content for PVPers/RVRers that we're all asking for

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

Still dont see 

1) what u try to gain

2) how does it generates more players.

bevore we implent more stupid things there are alot of other things to fix first.

i.e. Server Merge, get rid of fixed times for portbattle, player driven economy and lots of other known stuff.

as @adminsayed, ships are the content, the entertainment is ur job. :/

Edited by CTC_ClanLeader

Just now, CTC_ClanLeader said:

Still dont see 

1) what u try to gain

2) how does it generates more players.

bevore we implent more stupid things there are alot of other things to fix first.

i.e. Server Merge, get rid of fixed times for portbattle, player driven economy and lots of other known stuff.

as @adminsayed, ships are the content, the entertainment is ur job. :/

Lol aren't we in for a treat! Honestly bad timing for this suggestion, we have pretty much a whole new game.