Game-Labs Forum

Please strongly nerf the clan power in game

Just now, Malachy said:

I second Liqs opinion. Spent 4 hours in game yesterday during prime time. Over 400 people on. There were some folks sailing in all the protected areas, i sailed from tumbado to Belize through the Russian enclave, nada. I sailed up to Mortimer and patrolled there, the channel and tortue, nothing. We did see a large french group returning to tortue, we were in light frigates (2) of us and there weren7 or 8 of them. We swapped to lineships to fight them, but the ported and were never seen again. We patrolled kpr looking for gankers, nada. I went to aves and patrolled french and swede waters, nada. Just folks in the protected zones. It's not the clans killing this game, it's the damned protected zones.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. We have NO LACK OF PVPERS, it's a lack of PVP. What is the objective of Naval Action? Capture ports over and over again? How about we double that and give OW a quick and easy RVR system? Why are players sailing for hours in an OW with no tangible results? This needs to be fixed, this is an MMO, not a glorified PB simulator with a travel system.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

( bold added )

Sounds like something that can happen in nation chat / clan chat / voice comms already without a mandatory code system to be made in game.

I think it is commonly known as - multiplayer - playing with other people ( or other players ). 

- although -

It is a very interesting proposition.

Yes it certainly could be, that said, the 'mechanics' of setting up, transiting to and from a battle, and how the battle is fought is akin to a dance, move and counter move. Like a dance a battle is a series of 'formal' moves that complete a whole. I think a part of the problem is that there is no real incentive to fight, I would ask where is the point of creating a warship, learning how to sail and fight her against AI ships and then not fight players if that is your choice to do so?   Why would anyone fight without reason even if that reason is only to prove you are better than your opponent?

No one has gone  to war for that reason, but over land, perceived or actual wrongs, to take something they want but cannot get through diplomatic means, even something as basic as the Mrs running off  with her lover, who has not heard of Helen of Troy, the face that launched a thousand ships? Although I rather think, perhaps, there was something more behind that war.

I think if we are given a background, campaign objectives, and told go out and fight it your way, then there would be incentive to fight limited campaigns, a valid reason to go out there and sink ships, with adequate reward, it would provide incentives for traders to raise money and supply crafters to build ships to replace combat losses, open the door to commerce warfare, chance encounters in open waters, as well as the set piece PVP battles and RVR. These are the components of Naval warfare without which Naval warfare cannot be  conducted, a dance if you will.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

I would ask where is the point of creating a warship, learning how to sail and fight her against AI ships and then not fight players if that is your choice to do so?   Why would anyone fight without reason even if that reason is only to prove you are better than your opponent?

:)

The simple answer is, as I look to it as a player, as a costumer - Naval Action is a game about the age of sail experience. In all aspects.

The same way as any players would step into a Battle of Britain warbird in a sim. Is there a point in learning how to handle the plane of choice ? Why would anyone even take-off ?

All about the experience. And that is what digital entertainment is. Being part of an experience that the game delivers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. We have NO LACK OF PVPERS, it's a lack of PVP. What is the objective of Naval Action? Capture ports over and over again? How about we double that and give OW a quick and easy RVR system? Why are players sailing for hours in an OW with no tangible results? This needs to be fixed, this is an MMO, not a glorified PB simulator with a travel system.

I don`t know where you play, there is no lack of PvP on EU.

22 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Spent 4 hours in game yesterday during prime time. Over 400 people on

Depends when you log in and what is going on.

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

I don`t know where you play, there is no lack of PvP on EU.

Depends when you log in and what is going on.

That argument holds no dice. It was Saturday, prime time, 4 different nations, 3 with mega populations and only green zone bottom feeders. I covered a ton of territory, I should have run into someone. Would have, pre safe zone, pre durability nerf. This isn't the first time it's been like this, it's pretty normal for the Eu server now. I used to fight over 50 battles a week. I'm lucky to get 10 to 15 now  and the populations aren't much different. If the EU server is this pathetic, I'd hate to see global.

Edited by Malachy