Game-Labs Forum
Jeheil

Had more points, more ships, timer ended and we lost

o7 NAL Developers and Seasons Greetings etc.

Had a cracker of a biff last night.

Ended up with 2 of our ships (indie / reno)  v 1 of theirs (indi), we had 110 points they had 78. We had sunk more of their ships then they had of ours.

And as the battle ended...BATTLE LOST....whats all that about then !

@Jeheil

I’ve had this happen to me a couple of times. No idea if this is correct but on GLOBAL a guy commented on the number of RL PCs you have against the enemy PCs.

So, a straight 5v5 with YOU having 3 PCs and 2 AI while I have 2 PCS and 3 AI. In this case my weighted DMG is more favorable because I have less PLAYERs…

How many RL players did you have compared to the oppo?

Norfolk nClue

Edited by Norfolk nChance

59 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

Ended up with 2 of our ships (indie / reno)  v 1 of theirs (indi), we had 110 points they had 78. We had sunk more of their ships then they had of ours.

a clear example of a "sold" game on the forehand...

corruption it is called ,or a bad revery 

did you make an f 11?

Edited by Thonys

39 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Jeheil

I’ve had this happen to me a couple of times. No idea if this is correct but on GLOBAL a guy commented on the number of RL PCs you have against the enemy PCs.

So, a straight 5v5 with YOU having 3 PCs and 2 AI while I have 2 PCS and 3 AI. In this case my weighted DMG is more favorable because I have less PLAYERs…

How many RL players did you have compared to the oppo?

Norfolk nClue

It was the one against you, so we had 1 RL player alive 2 dead, one RL player on the baddies dead (you) and 1 AI alive.

39 minutes ago, Thonys said:

a clear example of a "sold" game on the forehand...

corruption it is called ,or a bad revery 

did you make an f 11?

No I normally do, but it was last game late and I was just like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat'...rather than...oh yeh I am a tester.

@Jeheil

To start with, you had 3x real players. I was in a Frigate and the rest all AI. I remember having 2x Indef AIs plus Frigs and in total ships  1x more than you. So, 3 v 1 RL PCs

At the time I thought it was funny because you guys “Group up” which the Game seems to pit groups against heavier odds. However, my Battle Group didn’t seem overwhelming stronger?  The final stages were you sinking an AI Indef...

Guess here…

Final Score 110 to you and I 78, with 3 players Vs 1 player starting. It seems like for you to have won I guess you would have needed 156pts. This number comes from 2 extra players above the enemy multiplied by the enemy score. This way equalizing or balancing out the 2 sides with crappy ai…

No idea but would like to hear how WINs are calculated…

I was just as surprised as you and didn't deserve the win

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Jeheil

there is no difference between players or bots in terms of points. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

there is no difference between players or bots in terms of points. 

OK that's fine, why did my team win? A rough idea?

thanks for the quick reply, scratching ones head a bit...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeheil said:

No I normally do, but it was last game late and I was just like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat'...rather than...oh yeh I am a tester.

do you at least have a screen of battle results or tab interface?

7 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Are you saying the Time ran out.  If so this Happen a Lot once you get into line ships. Can sink every ship they have but 1 and never lose a Ship and Run out of time and Still lose.  I have f11 it 20 or 30 times with line ships.

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Are you saying the Time ran out.  If so this Happen a Lot once you get into line ships. Can sink every ship they have but 1 and never lose a Ship and Run out of time and Still lose.  I have f11 it 20 or 30 times with line ships.

Not in this case, @Jeheilsank the last of my AI Indefs.

I think once or if the duel function comes then many of these type of queries can easily be solved. 

@admin

OK Karma, I now lost a battle where the CLOCK time ran out. Getting late screen shots is tricky because ones not expecting the Battle result either way. Screen shot [1] is the start. At the end I was the only player standing with the 2x AI Frigates giving chase.

So, Norfolk 1 player v ENEMY 2 AI players at the finish.

I had capped circles [A] (bottom right) & [C] (Top). Circle was neutral. My points SCORE (bottom right) reached 890 while the enemy was only 90 at the time the CLOCK finished.

DA093FB7D91BDF5003512588546422C3C4618061

Screen shot [2] is my exit Battle Report. UTC finish time roughly 20:15. Don’t know if this helps but @Fellvred sank 3 of my ships and was the highest scorer.

6D97C9B0B6A26EC2F684346722518820A50A19AB

So, in summary I lost a BATTLE in which we had Capped 2 circles and had a huge points advantage. However, we had one less KILL. Is this the reason why I lost this BATTLE?

Would I have still LOST the battle (given more time) if my POINT score reached 1,000?

This battle seems a weaker case than @Jeheil because he had 2 v 0 ships left with him sinking my last Indef.

Norfolk

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1