Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

On 12/26/2017 at 6:48 AM, admin said:

Update has been deployed today - 26th December

• Removed victory mark requirements in blueprint and permit acquisitions for all ships except for first rates
  • Reduced prices for PvP content in pvp marks because previously the catered to top pvp players but not the average players (it should be better now)
  • Fixed an important bug with bot reload getting stuck from time to time
  • Increased cool down and time to recover crew on the surgeon - surgeon was working too fast and too often during battles and it had to be nerfed.

Final changes for ship physics including leeway and adaptation of all light ships is being prepared. 
New year gifts will be distributed with the forthcoming patch (part 3 of sailing model improvements)

This week?

On 12/26/2017 at 7:35 AM, Borch said:

Look, I'm far away from being a hater without reason. Like I said in my post you quoted, "thank you" for trying. Now, I also have pointed out plenty of things that will make your patch not work. The only thjing you are interested here though is spreading false statements. How making a new ship is prooving anything? Ships are great, ships are needed, but ships without content are not a content for long.

Again, with the recent changes you promote empty port taking from the strongest. You want people in whole nation to work for the opportunity to sail the best ships ( 1 clan alone wont do). Its actually easier to move your clan to strongest nation than to fight in current example Prussia or Commonwealth. In order to do that I would have to play with people I dont like (for example that sorry a** dude who liked to tell his clanmates to shut the f**k up). How do you want that to be plesant experience after whole working day?

On top of that this gamepley is just rinse and repeat. Take some territory, spread too much, become to weak to protect all ports so smaller nations can grab some land and advance on the leaderboard. How long can people whitstand that?

Where in all of this is place for casual,solo players? Traders, crafters and casual PvP'ers who would like to hunt for smaller targets instead fighting aroud colored dots? Are you going to make 1 dimensional game for only handfull of players? I assure you that it wont work if you wont have a proper playerbase.

Finnaly please proof me wrong with my last statement by showing us new content (but not ships), where I can use your beautifull new Christian as that what we have in game is not enough for this game to survive in the long term.

Again, I'm not hater. I do reality checks from time to time though. So should you.

Can't agree more. Adding few new ships won't change anything. Yes it is content, but it doesn't help game live. Even stupid potbs had fleet drops that were worth millions. What can NA offer? Nothing. @admin needs to take a look at EvE online 

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Combat_sites

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ghost_Sites

introduce similar concept in NA and you are all set. Have mark, BP, rare mod drop chance in each mission or expedition and even rare sails and ship note. RvR is good, but that should not be a priority. As of today NA rating 48% from 60 recent reviews.

Percent    Letter Grade :)

73 - 76    C

70 - 72    C-

67 - 69    D+

63 - 66    D

63 - 0      F

People are not happy for some reason. Very sad. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

7 hours ago, Peiper said:

I will never get my 2 wasa combo back now, and I have never participated in ganking newbs.  I leave player traders alone.   I sailed two hours to get to a port battle today because I had extra time and earned ONE pvp mark.  HOW DOES A GUY LIKE ME GET BACK WHAT I'VE LOST?

Remember there is still an economy, PVP marks and VMs are purchasable from other players.  Price has not settled down yet but sellers were at 6.5m last night and buyers were at 3m, so expect somewhere in the middle.

So if you really want another Wasa, you can buy the marks.  Your Wasa might cost you more than before but it is certainly not unobtainable.  

I lost my Wasa too, casually attacking a really good PVPer because I figure that is how you learn, and thinking I had plenty of CMs to replace it - not realizing that the change had come in that day (hadn't checked patch notes).  So I am switching to Bellona until I can find a way to get a Wasa back. Have you considered that? Bellona is a fantastic ship that eats OW fleets for breakfast.

Finally, if want you wish to do, exclusively, is PVE, as you have described, there is a PVE server where you can get all that you have asked for.  Not telling you to go there, just pointing out that PVE is catered for with all content and the time zone might suit you better (I understand how it is more exciting to be on a PVP server even if all one wants to do is PVE)

May the wind be ever at your back

9 hours ago, Jesters-Ink said:

the players were right.

They were first and foremost divided. So, yeah, some of them were right.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kubrat said:

Remember there is still an economy, PVP marks and VMs are purchasable from other players.  Price has not settled down yet but sellers were at 6.5m last night and buyers were at 3m, so expect somewhere in the middle.

Further to this, people are offering 3-4 VMs this morning for rare books, so PVE fleet farmers can still get the marks just doing what you are doing. Price for VM now 6m...

6 hours ago, Odol said:

Sounds like you broke EVE rule number 1, Dont fly what you cant afford.  

In this case dont sail what you cant replace.

I dont own a Wasa, dont want a Wasa, dont like the Wasa, and everything I sail I can replace with ease... I login maybe once a week for 4 hours at most.

Not a constructive or cogent statement...but to be expected.

7 hours ago, Odol said:

Sounds like you broke EVE rule number 1, Dont fly what you cant afford.  

In this case dont sail what you cant replace.

I dont own a Wasa, dont want a Wasa, dont like the Wasa, and everything I sail I can replace with ease... I login maybe once a week for 4 hours at most.

Don't all the ship on eve costs isk only? And you just need to train the skills needed to fly them? I mean a crazy ba$tard can just buy a couple hundred Plex with real money, sell that for isk, and buy the ships, while the skills needed takes real time to learn. Or has the system changed that much after I left?

Also, I believe he COULD afford to have them replace, but since the patch he can't and now he has to mothball them.

Edited by PenguPirate

6 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

MUST......   RESIST.....  URGE......  TO.....  TROLL.......

Do eet, captain. Do it for the lulz

But expect the general standard of the thread to drop

Edited by PenguPirate
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

MUST......   RESIST.....  URGE......  TO.....  TROLL.......

i begrudgingly [BACKSPACED] everything I typed... as i think i would've been banned if i posted what i wanted to say.<_<

(not because of your post, but your quote made me smile. ty)

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Seraphic Radiance said:

People are not happy for some reason. Very sad. 

Steam reviews are like Yelp reviews. Pointless, unless used by the company or product creator they are attempting to review as a means to retort or criticize their point of view in a humorous manner. It is quite tiresome since I have dealt with retail and other such positions in my youth where the custom expects great customer service and it is nice at times I can see for the retailer or owners to vent back.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

1 hour ago, Jesters-Ink said:

the Devs weren't.

You only saw the last dura discussion based on your forum birthdate.

Anyhoo, I don't care much about duras, how to get people to accept fights is way bigger than the dura factor.

15 hours ago, Peiper said:

I also hate PVP anyway. 

Why bother with books and upgrades if you PVE?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PenguPirate said:

Makes sailing a bit more fun?

But he's on about mothballing ships because he can't afford to play/lose them and/or upgrades. Sounds like long pve grinds and expensive stuff leads to more problems than fun.

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

But he's on about mothballing ships because he can't afford to play/lose them and/or upgrades. Sounds like long pve grinds and expensive stuff leads to more problems than fun.

So no more PvE grind?

A theme I have noticed from a fair few players since the last couple of changes is that they are complaining that they are having to mothball their wasas because its harder to replace them if they get lost. 

Well.........Is that not EXACTLY as it should be with any ship? There should be that element of risk every time you you engage someone in combat. I personally thinks this highlights a problem with the wasa that I had not previously noticed. People have become reliant on it, the fact that it is so powerful and so cheap to replace meant that it became the only many would go out of port in and it's almost as if they've forgotten how to sail anything else.

In my opinion they have made the perfect argument themselves as to why its a good thing the wasa (although still VERY cheap in my opinion) has an increased cost lately.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PenguPirate said:

His issue is he's a casual player, the changes that catered towards more ambitious/aggressive PvP'ers and leave casual PvP'ers or PvE/PvP hybrids in a position where they might not get to enjoy the game as they used to(Possibly PvE'ing in the wasa). For a game they paid money for it can be annoying. His grief is more towards that unless he starts putting in time that he can't afford he won't be able to even enjoy the casual aspects of the game. Oh and, please ask @admin to balance the wasa if you think it's OP.

Inb4 "go play on PvE"

If @admin had ANY intentions of balancing the wasa then it would have been done a long time ago. I'll admit they tried to make it so that there was more of a risk to sailing the wasa (in terms of the cost of replacing it) but as soon as the people who sail it complained about it being unfair they buckled almost immediately and made it cheap again.

Edited by NethrosDefectus

7 hours ago, jodgi said:

Why bother with books and upgrades if you PVE?

because mods and books speed up the grind

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

A theme I have noticed from a fair few players since the last couple of changes is that they are complaining that they are having to mothball their wasas because its harder to replace them if they get lost. 

Well.........Is that not EXACTLY as it should be with any ship? There should be that element of risk every time you you engage someone in combat. I personally thinks this highlights a problem with the wasa that I had not previously noticed. People have become reliant on it, the fact that it is so powerful and so cheap to replace meant that it became the only many would go out of port in and it's almost as if they've forgotten how to sail anything else.

In my opinion they have made the perfect argument themselves as to why its a good thing the wasa (although still VERY cheap in my opinion) has an increased cost lately.

On a PvE note: dude, it's amazing for 4tg rate fleet missions.

On a general note: There is risk involved in taking any ships out. Even the 200CM wasa. That aside, everyone's aware of how broken OP it is. I don't think giving it a high price is a good solution, because you merely lock out the casual players who prolly don't even use it for PvP in the first place. There were rumours of it being nerfed even before the merge. The Devs might be working on it with the rest of ship balancing patch. And they're not ignoring the community, they're testing ideas and compensating for any extreme measures

On a personal note: There are threads asking Devs if they would fix BR for ships and wasa. Please, I am begging you, every time you make a post about how OP the wasa is and the non-solution of increasing its price is the right way to go, please make a thread asking Devs to balance it. With you being this passionate about how broken the wasa is I'm sure you're more likely to spot issues with the current wasa than most of us.

Edited by PenguPirate

2 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

You have the answer, lets make every ship but one require PvP marks :D

Approval to PenguPirate on the price matter. Not the way to go. This ship should just not be the only option on the OW (except for those that refuse to go with this meta anyways). Let's see how todays fixes turn out on OW and in combat.