Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, admin said:

what about VMs for pvp marks? I have heard you guys are active in PVP. 

We are as much as we can. If you would assume that each person has 3 hrs a day to play a game or even 3 hours to pvp, with current chasing and running, you let's say that you will average 10pvp marks a day. This gives you 10 days to build a 1st rate. 

Sometimes with 400+ players we sailed around whole Haiti and had no single fight... 

Remove safety zones so we can sail everywhere to have a fight and this can make some sense, anyways it's better then no access to vm at all and sorry but I am not going to camp by KPR all day long to farm brits. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Admin, 100 PVP marks is a lot. Please lower it a bit, like 75 pvp marks.

:D:D

Tio, no le llores, demuestra un poco de dignidad  :D 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of hard to get 1rst rate, but I'm not sure about the timing. I think @admin could have waited until the 3 new 3rd rates are launched and become the backbone of RVR fleets.

Meanwhile, maybe keep Wasa as a combat mark ship, as she is the best way for nations without CM to challenge those  at the top?

 

Any ETA on those new 3rd rates? Must be a few months still.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

what about VMs for pvp marks? I have heard you guys are active in PVP. 

With our ratio of kills and enemies that we fight (Rubli, BF), taking into account lower experience of our players, it takes me 3-4 weeks to get 100 PvP marks. For an average player, it's a minimum of 2 months. This is not enough to field a fleet.

New players, inexperienced clans and nations get much less marks than an experienced group. When I was fighting in Sweden, it took me maybe 1-2 weeks to get enough kills for 100 marks, due to better efficiency at PB's.

Getting PvP marks through PvP is much slower than through RvR, as most enemies escape. You can farm PvP marks by bringing a group of 2-3 experienced players and fighting against larger numer of inexperienced enemies, however then rest of your clan doesn't learn then. You don't have time to do both.

Another issue is that when we attacked Prussia, they didn't even fight us (even though they have a force to oppse us). It's the same with Sweden attacking anyone, Russia attacking UK, or any superior force attacking a weaker enemy. It seems that only we are fighting against overwhelming odds just to get experience. Now we won't be able to afford this. Noone will.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin please don't treat changing the game economy on this scale as a "Ahh, some player will hate it, some won't. Who cares." matter. I beseech you to reconsider your strategy of pushing/promoting PvP or RvR. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still heavy rattle, niagara for victory marks... How are we going to compete in shallow water ports against those nations which are the top winners?

Wasa also incredibily expensive, only 25 less pvp marks than a Santisima...

Please balance again the costs.

Make the wasa costs 35 pvp marks and the first rates 75 pvp marks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Admin, 100 PVP marks is a lot. Please lower it a bit, like 75 pvp marks.

I'm affraid it wouldn't remove the snowball effect - more experienced players and nations always get more marks, giving them an advantage.

A much better solution would be to eg. keep Santi and L'Ocean on VM/PvP mark permits, but allow for a Vic permit to be crafted eg. with 300 CM's. This way people keep incentives to participate in RvR to get better ships, but no nation is eliminated from RvR due to lack of ships to fight with.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vazco said:

I'm affraid it wouldn't remove the snowball effect - more experienced players and nations always get more marks, giving them an advantage.

A much better solution would be to eg. keep Santi and L'Ocean on VM/PvP mark permits, but allow for a Vic permit to be crafted eg. with 300 CM's. This way people keep incentives to participate in RvR to get better ships, but no nation is eliminated from RvR due to lack of ships to fight with.

Also so much CM means a lot of PVE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Also so much CM means a lot of PVE.

Yes, it does. It's just better than no RvR due to a complete lack of 1st rates...

Given that 200 CM's gives you a Wasa without having to craft it, even 200 CM's for a Vic permit should be ok. To be honest though, I'm even ok with 400 if this means we can get some 1st rates for RvR. It's just a lot of grinding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some people playing this game who really like it to succeed. 

Having DEVs pull a STUPID STUNT like with the Victory-marks is making it really hard to keep people in the game. |

We're doing our best, but this is just making it impossible.

Game-balance is something really sensitive. Changing something this big is NOT helping with the balance of the game and is pushing people away.

We need MORE players, not less of them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my view of the most recent changes made by "the dev's"

 

tumblr_ml6ef4HvIp1rs9keio1_400.gif    Kim-Pine-Headshot.gif

 

Edited by Yngvarr
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

175. Not more.

 

7 minutes ago, vazco said:

Yes, it does. It's just better than no RvR due to a complete lack of 1st rates...

Given that 200 CM's gives you a Wasa without having to craft it, even 200 CM's for a Vic permit should be ok. To be honest though, I'm even ok with 400 if this means we can get some 1st rates for RvR. It's just a lot of grinding.

I think 300 is pretty high but it's definitely worth it for a first rate, even though you need other crafting resources. With combat marks being more probable to be obtained on each sortie, it's less of a hassle than PvP mark. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Admin, 100 PVP marks is a lot. Please lower it a bit, like 75 pvp marks.

tumblr_n3lnedONnr1smcbm7o1_400.gif

Sorry but you have to make it a challenge or else everyone will have VM in a matter of hours.  100PVP marks isnt that bad if you actually PVP and dont cherry pick noobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, PenguPirate said:

Are you keeping tracks of how many PvP mark is generated for the entire server each day? Would the number cover the loss of 1st rates in that same day? If it doesn't then we might have an issue with continuing decrease in 1st rates building capabilities.

 

To put it in another term, if you have 500000 rubles, you're making 500 rubles per day but spend 501 rubles per day, you're approaching a point where you will run out of money eventually, and that is something we want to avoid

welcome to eve online 'Titans' ='1st rates', you only take them to capture very important ports. If you use them only for important battles, we will be ok. We need to change people mentality here, they got used to 1st rates too much .

Edited by Seraphic Radiance
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seraphic Radiance said:

welcome to eve online 'Titans' ='1st rates'

Sure if you mean that as a player I have to train my clone for the next year and half or buy several hundred dollars of skill injectors, then manage to build a titan over that time running me again close to a grand... .sure a 1st rate is kind of like a Titan in Eve.... no not really.

 

More like a Battleship in Eve years ago before Titans.

 

I just want kill marks for my ships.  Like pendents that hang from my sails for every kill I have on a player.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously devs: What are you doing?

I might be wrong, but to me it seems like you‘re just fiddling around, changing minor stuff again and again!?

Please get on solving the big issues (ballance, lack of CONTENT,  ...) because I fear that this promising game will die sooner or later, if you go on like that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Odol said:

Sure if you mean that as a player I have to train my clone for the next year and half or buy several hundred dollars of skill injectors, then manage to build a titan over that time running me again close to a grand... .sure a 1st rate is kind of like a Titan in Eve.... no not really.

 

More like a Battleship in Eve years ago before Titans.

 

I just want kill marks for my ships.  Like pendents that hang from my sails for every kill I have on a player.

 

They should be like Titans, then this game will have a value. Instead every noob is sailing a 1st rate. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Seriously devs: What are you doing?

I might be wrong, but to me it seems like you‘re just fiddling around, changing minor stuff again and again!?

Please get on solving the big issues (ballance, lack of CONTENT,  ...) because I fear that this promising game will die sooner or later, if you go on like that!

You are on test grounds here and everything goes before final release. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seraphic Radiance said:

You are on test grounds here and everything goes before final release. 

At the rate they are going...they'll release a game for exactly 0 players

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yngvarr said:

At the rate they are going...they'll release a game for exactly 0 players

that's why there should be no wipe at realease lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Odol said:

I just want kill marks for my ships.  Like pendents that hang from my sails for every kill I have on a player.

 

I agree. Devs fail to divide PvP content from RvR content. 

We could have 2 types of rewards:

RvR - Citations (Collecting these will make it easier to acquire 1st rate or 2nd rate ships, such ships are very very very difficult to get. Also Citations can be exchanged for much better ships compared to pvp mark exchange ships when comparing ship stats)

PvP - Marks (Collecting these will open access to new better pvp ships, but not better that Citation ships) 

Instead everyone goes under one shovel. 

With 2 types of rewards we could have people pvp/going to pb and get marks and maybe if they win the map Citations. All sides win and have fun. This system will make sure those who just want to pvp get rewarded with what they like - pvp ships. If they want to grow into 1-2nd rates then they can pvp in port battles and work as a team. There is a choice. Forcing all to go RvR will fail. PvP only earned ships should not match Citation earned Ship Stats. Citation earned ships must always be better. 

Edited by Seraphic Radiance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, victor said:

that's why there should be no wipe at realease lol

As if these dev's give a rat's ass about our opinions...

Time and time again the community wants to go right...

And the dev's answer: we understand, but we disagree with you, so we'll go left.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×