Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
elvismolotov

please get rid of the npcs

dear developers

why are there so many npcs in na legends ??????

i can not see any good reason for having npc ships in a pvp game unless its a single one to finetune the ballance.

here its double bad because all maps have circles or forts to capture ,which is impossible mission for an npc....

most games i play are 1vs1 with 8!!!!! npcs around .....

the matchup / gamelobby / concept of game needs much improvement

The bots are there so the game doesn't feel empty when player numbers are low and so you can get some extra xp and gold for sinking them... but yeah I hate it too. I guess alot of people are waiting for release so player number might be low at the moment. I like Legends but I'm waiting, because I don't see myself grinding up to the bigger frigates twice, while sometimes having to face frigates in my 6th rate.

36 minutes ago, Landsman said:

The bots are there so the game doesn't feel empty when player numbers are low and so you can get some extra xp and gold for sinking them... but yeah I hate it too. I guess alot of people are waiting for release so player number might be low at the moment. I like Legends but I'm waiting, because I don't see myself grinding up to the bigger frigates twice, while sometimes having to face frigates in my 6th rate.

That right there is one huge reason many are not playing, they know they will have to do the grind again and after how many times already doing it. No one wants to do it again.  I for one will prob stop playing once a wipe comes.  Just not going to do it for like the 7 or 8 th time.  Many are in same boat.  Do I grind to lose it or wait.

Edited by JobaSet

8 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Do I grind to lose it or wait.

You know a easy solution to this would have been 10x gold and xp for testing and when they release it the grind hits even harder and thus even more $$$. This would lead to more testers, more people keeping up with the game / playing and ultimately most likely even more cash since people will try to avoid the grind as much as possible to get back into their ships on release...

i had hopes legends would be good. At least if it was sea trials with damage model 4.0 but alas it is not fun. The amount of NPC's and circles and such takes all the fun out of it. The option to play with NO NPC's , Ability to make custom matches and pick teams, NO CIRCLES TO CAPTURE,  would make it at least playable if there where more then 20-50 people playing it. 

2 hours ago, Young said:

i had hopes legends would be good. At least if it was sea trials with damage model 4.0 but alas it is not fun. The amount of NPC's and circles and such takes all the fun out of it. The option to play with NO NPC's , Ability to make custom matches and pick teams, NO CIRCLES TO CAPTURE,  would make it at least playable if there where more then 20-50 people playing it. 

I have made some suggestion just not sure if they fell on def ears or not.

1. Was only 2 circles "Not 3"  My base your base thing, That every good game is based on.  Even the ones that have many objectives only fight for one point at a time.
  2. My Fav is this one...........Call it what ever you want but,  every 30 or 60 mins there is a Random Generated BR match(No NPCS)  you join one side or other,  (one Side can't see other side or how many players are in it)You pick a Ship and rdy up once BR is made from Random Gen mark the Team is locked.  Once other side gets to that BR point match starts.  2 Circles my side and yours.
    1. Leaders can/will be made by voting,  It not that they mean much if no one does what they say.  Learn, Adapt, or Die  
      • You can do a lot with a system like this Clan battles, Map conquest with no open world,  Huge battles,  I mean it is a jack of all, if you get the basics done right.

I got so many of these that should not be that hard, to do but we got bigger issues ATM

Edited by JobaSet

11 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

1. Leaders can/will be made by voting,  It not that they mean much if no one does what they say.  Learn, Adapt, or Die

It's more like "do not learn, do not adapt, blame devs". Seriously, calling out for hardcore crew is all fine until it does't show up.

26 minutes ago, Galileus said:

It's more like "do not learn, do not adapt, blame devs". Seriously, calling out for hardcore crew is all fine until it does't show up.

We got a pretty good crew in the morn that all pray/play about same time.  I know of 2   others in lines now with a third that was  in last stages of an aggy yesterday.  Got some real good people that are playing but also have some real bad ones.

I have Even Seen, and Have given complements.  The bitter ones that just complain are not here,(Thank God) or they just get beat so bad, they not been seen in a while.

At the moment with the numbers of players and the current matchmaking system you would end up waiting a long time for battles if there were no NPC's. To get rid of the NPC's you need to be able to see who is in the battle queue and what ships they are in. Let people set up their own battle sizes and what ships that people can join in. This way you can log in and see what battles are almost ready to go and join in an appropriate ship, rather than join a queue where the computer randomly matches you to other players and tries to balance it with AI.

The reason the xp gain is fairly low and ppl can grind on npcs is so the devs can get the data they need. Yes it'd be nice to just fight custom matches in perfectly balanced games, but that won't help the game when hundreds of new players find out how long it takes to get out of the cutter on day one :)

I'll be back when the NPCs are gone.  Unfortunately I just can't have fun fighting against a bunch of AI.  Boring stuff.

1 hour ago, Chustler said:

I'll be back when the NPCs are gone.  Unfortunately I just can't have fun fighting against a bunch of AI.  Boring stuff.

Problem is that now you are starting to get some matches where it is more fun to play against NPC's than human players as there are now groups of them that do the chain and chase method and capture circles rather than fight.

I don't really mind AI as long as there is only a small percentage each match. They are pretty much there as filler for the low player count, but when all the battles have 1-2 players and 80% AI it's a big problem and just becomes tedious and boring.  The matchmaking is a problem as well, lets say 10 people are in a lobby, it literally just creates battles with 1-2 players on each side with the rest being AI. It doesn't make sense.

Legends is great fun when the battles are decent sized and with actual players. I'll probably stop playing until the game is fully released if things don't improve.

10 unrated and 2 frigates in queue. Instead of having a nice brig brawl fight with 2 frigates within, i got matched as a team of ONE human player (NavyBrig 4lb guns) versus ONE human opponent (Renommee) and 3 NPC. It made me stop soloQueue.

Then tried to play with a friend to discover the NA PVP game with him and we got to fight 2 players and many NPCs. I was so embarrassed to told him those aren't players but brainless AIs like in NA OW... Stopped playing NAL since.

However we are there to test, i can wait until release.

Edited by Fuhajins of Autumn