Game-Labs Forum

Skill books

oldsailorpcwerth@live.com

Question

6 answers to this question

You have to use the ship first and gain xp on that ship. As you gain more xp you unlock slots.  Those slots are skills you have learned from either buying them from the shop or from drops.  This is what I'm assuming your asking.  Other than the shallow trade ships all ships have to have the slots unlocked through xp gained in combat.

4 hours ago, oldsailorpcwerth@live.com said:

thanks all, so you mean that if I click USE on the skill book and all my ships that level perks during game will have the used kill book to choose from?

That is usually true except in the case where the skill book is necessary to craft a permanent refit for a ship.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/20740-modules-shipupgrade-book-modifiers-patch-110/

In these cases, you need the all the necessary skill books in the recipe UNUSED in your warehouse plus the blueprint for the module to craft these more powerful modules. Crafting it builds one single use permanent module and consumes the books.

4 hours ago, oldsailorpcwerth@live.com said:

thanks all, so you mean that if I click USE on the skill book and all my ships that level perks during game will have the used kill book to choose from?

As long as you have unlocked the slot on the ship you can use one of the ship knowledge you have learned in that slot. The more slots you unlock the more you get to pick and set on the ship.  This also lets you change your ship a bit.  You can set up your ship for AI fleet grinding with certain ship knowledge and than change them around for OW PvP or Port battles.  Like when I bring a ship to a zone we are doing port battles. I might set it up for speed and travel to get to our staging port.  Than I might add planking and other things for the port battle since it's a slower build.  I just need to enter a friendly port to change those slots out to new skills that I have learned.

And like Farrago said some Elite Mods takes those books to craft the perm mods.  I out of habit all ways learn the skill at lease once and than keep those books to make the elite mods for important ship builds (like PvP or port battle ships).  Those books also tend to fetch a pretty good price on the market.  Some books also like the 5 Rings and Gunnery encyclopedia take mulit books that can be learned on there own, to combine and make like a mega ship knowledge of multi stats.