Game-Labs Forum

Increase the numbers of tow to port.

Atleast u shuld tow as often as many outpost u have, one tow is to little. At least let us buy tow requests for Marks up to the amount of active outpost we have. If u want to move into an area for Fighting, fight is mostly over after u loose ur ship becouse u cant get reinforcment in time, or u need at least a week to prepare to get enough stuff into that area, also if u are lazy and u tow to the wrong port, u cant play as u plan. Travel times in OW are orefull long. Give us a quick posibility go get into action.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They have it's called Naval Action Legends.

That is not an acceptable argument. Naval action legend is an unacceptable grind fest. This problem is why I reintroduced the concept of the return of multiple durability again. Before the advent of single durability, you had to sail a ship to a combat area maybe 1 time in 4 to 5 deaths. Now you have to do it every time, which adds between 4 to 12 hours of boring and pointless sailing between shipyard to outposts. If they decide to give more tows, repairs have to stop counting as cargo as well. In my opinion, multiple durability is a better fix to the time sink, but i would take multiple tows if they allowed repairs to remain in hold.

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

When I get sunk I get the chance to choose to spawn in closest free/neutral port or closest outpost.

Means that I can spawn in my outpost and grab another ship.

at first u have to get enough ships to the outpost... how do u get the ships to the outpost? - Right - u tow them there over a week or u do some time of travel ... 

its not about the insta action (therefore i play nal) and i am not a friend of multi durability - as i said already in @Malachy topic. Its about to get a bunch of ships to an outpost in a decent time. An hour or more of traveltime is unacceptable. All the complains of there is no PvP - cut the useless traveltimes.

More travel time, more open to chance encounters where you might, or not, be outnumbered and not outnumber. If it results in a battle, so be it. That's the name of the game.

To press Sail or to not press Sail...Works the same for everyone.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

More travel time, more open to chance encounters where you might, or not, be outnumbered and not outnumber. If it results in a battle, so be it. That's the name of the game.

To press Sail or to not press Sail...Works the same for everyone.

... thats not true and u know it. u can easily travel half the map without any encounter.

21 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

at first u have to get enough ships to the outpost... how do u get the ships to the outpost? - Right - u tow them there over a week or u do some time of travel ... 

its not about the insta action (therefore i play nal) and i am not a friend of multi durability - as i said already in @Malachy topic. Its about to get a bunch of ships to an outpost in a decent time. An hour or more of traveltime is unacceptable. All the complains of there is no PvP - cut the useless traveltimes.

Don't over extend your self, work out of ports you have set up in.  My clan has three main areas we work out of.  Every one has Mort.  Islam and Cart with most of us having Kidd's too.   You keep ships and supplies in those ports for fights.  Anything we do in those regions we do from those ports.  If we expand out we have some one bring a trade ship with supplies.  You only expand out as much as you can support.  If you can't get ships to those ports to stock up than you have no reason pushing further.  I only have half the dock slots unlocked and I do fine.  That is 11 ships but I only normally have about 9 at any one time.  I also keep 1 outpost open at all times.  I haven't unlocked the last one either.   You just need to organized and work out your teams/clan to be ready.  If you sink than go back and start over or have back up.  If you want instant return to the fight and you don't have the supplies, than maybe Naval Action Legend is the game for you.

58 minutes ago, Malachy said:

That is not an acceptable argument. Naval action legend is an unacceptable grind fest. This problem is why I reintroduced the concept of the return of multiple durability again. Before the advent of single durability, you had to sail a ship to a combat area maybe 1 time in 4 to 5 deaths. Now you have to do it every time, which adds between 4 to 12 hours of boring and pointless sailing between shipyard to outposts. If they decide to give more tows, repairs have to stop counting as cargo as well. In my opinion, multiple durability is a better fix to the time sink, but i would take multiple tows if they allowed repairs to remain in hold.

And I haven't been the only one to say this, lately every thing you keep saying in your post means it's what you want, but in the OW.  Sorry can't every every thing and easy mod.  There needs to be some limits and  challenges in the game.  Other wise it gets boring, the same type of boring that keeps me from paying NAL.  It's not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Just now, CTC_ClanLeader said:

... thats not true and u know it. u can easily travel half the map without any encounter.

are you can leave a port and get jumped 20 times, some days you get a lot of action other days you might not get any.  That is life.  If you want 24/7 action with a push of a button than well we all ready suggested that game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

are you can leave a port and get jumped 20 times, some days you get a lot of action other days you might not get any.  That is life.  If you want 24/7 action with a push of a button than well we all ready suggested that game.

please read what i quoted, more travel time = more possible encouter - is not true. And this has nothing to do with getting action. As i said if i want instand action i play NAL or WOWS, WOT, WOP or anything else. I dont want to have a day or a week of traveltime to create a new outpost and get some action to have fun in a new region. If u only want to play in ur 3 to 4 regions fine. But please dont force others into that boring playstyle.

13 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

It is a possibility, yes.

The opposite is a possibility as well, being jumped less than 5 minutes away from port.

What can I say :)

But, if sunk will always come back by chosing closest outpost, so at least that is a short travel mode without taking away anything from the other players.

9 minutes ago, rediii said:

if you want tactical level, logistics, conquest and pve play naval action

But there have to be compromises when its about time.

It turned out that without towing people just sail in groups, at safe times, on safe open water, or in fast ships. Its not leading to more OW action and only boring to transfer ships. To the contrary it restricts action in the actual war area/where people would be willing to fight but cant afford to sail ships there. 

So why restrict towing, at cost of time and gold its still strategic. We should try to avoid those strict restrictions. Instead of saying one tow/day, why not increase gold cost each time you tow? Yes gold is redundant right now, but we have to assume that this is getting fixed or we can stop to discuss NA in general. We need every gold sink we can get and this is a good one.

Dockspace for example could work similar adding to it. Assume you would only buy it for a specific time. Instead of just maxing it out and stacking ships it becomes a strategic decision how much space/ships you currently need. Another continous gold sink.

• Like 1

Yeah...

Thought the objective was to put ships in the water all around the world, or at least that's what I read from the devs posts.

Funny how on EA open launch there was no teleports and only 1 back to capital. No economy building and people had to sail to every port to scrap resources. Alas 5 duras and full ship captures from the AI. Should I pull the 3 servers with 2.5k card ?  It works for everything :)

25 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Yeah...

Thought the objective was to put ships in the water all around the world, or at least that's what I read from the devs posts.

Funny how on EA open launch there was no teleports and only 1 back to capital. No economy building and people had to sail to every port to scrap resources. Alas 5 duras and full ship captures from the AI. Should I pull the 3 servers with 2.5k card ?  It works for everything :)

And because all was so well - we now have a high server population. Wy should the devs change anything if all went well? With wipe they removed all tows and teleports and step by step they reimplement them, why should they if there is no need for it. If u want to have fun overall the map u have to give the people some instrument to move stuff fast.

Edited by CTC_ClanLeader

1 hour ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

More than half the map. When I was a pirate I sailed through everyone's territory. I was lucky to see 1 person out of the protection zones each day. I went back Brit to kill the gankers and pvp comes to me now.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Don't over extend your self, work out of ports you have set up in.  My clan has three main areas we work out of.  Every one has Mort.  Islam and Cart with most of us having Kidd's too.   You keep ships and supplies in those ports for fights.  Anything we do in those regions we do from those ports.  If we expand out we have some one bring a trade ship with supplies.  You only expand out as much as you can support.  If you can't get ships to those ports to stock up than you have no reason pushing further.  I only have half the dock slots unlocked and I do fine.  That is 11 ships but I only normally have about 9 at any one time.  I also keep 1 outpost open at all times.  I haven't unlocked the last one either.   You just need to organized and work out your teams/clan to be ready.  If you sink than go back and start over or have back up.  If you want instant return to the fight and you don't have the supplies, than maybe Naval Action Legend is the game for you.

And I haven't been the only one to say this, lately every thing you keep saying in your post means it's what you want, but in the OW.  Sorry can't every every thing and easy mod.  There needs to be some limits and  challenges in the game.  Other wise it gets boring, the same type of boring that keeps me from paying NAL.  It's not my cup of tea.

Sailing for hours just to replace lost ships is boring. There is only action in certain areas of the map and those are far from Econ areas for most nations. Having to redeploy every death is boring, just as boring as the grind fest in NAL. It was ok when you only had to do it once in awhile. Now it's every time you sink.

41 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

And because all was so well - we now have a high server population. Wy should the devs change anything if all went well? With wipe they removed all tows and teleports and step by step they reimplement them, why should they if there is no need for it. If u want to have fun overall the map u have to give the people some instrument to move stuff fast.

I don't mean just sailing out 3 minutes to join a fight. I mean in the sea, out, sailing, all over. Trading, moving goods, moving ships, exploring, travelling to open outpost, etc. Playing ships out in the sea are pvp content. They can be intercepted. They can be interceptors themselves. After all, pvp is not "on request" but open at all times.

How many nations we have that are all over the map ? I like mechanics that serve all equally and not against your proposal, but I think it takes ships out of the sea while implementing a "NA legends" without team balancing whenever 'player' wants it and only then :) ( other than PBs that is ).

8 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I don't mean just sailing out 3 minutes to join a fight. I mean in the sea, out, sailing, all over. Trading, moving goods, moving ships, exploring, travelling to open outpost, etc. Playing ships out in the sea are pvp content. They can be intercepted. They can be interceptors themselves. After all, pvp is not "on request" but open at all times.

How many nations we have that are all over the map ? I like mechanics that serve all equally and not against your proposal, but I think it takes ships out of the sea while implementing a "NA legends" without team balancing whenever 'player' wants it and only then :) ( other than PBs that is ).

I am also think that it needs ships out of the sea ... - thats why i want to tow my ships somewhere to use them there, but becouse the long traveltime i don't. For example - Somewhere in the behamas to MT - at least 30 - 40 minute traveltime if u dont us tow to port and sail from atwood. Than its at least 15 - 20 minutes if no rus or brits are interfearing. MT - somewhere near Cartagena ... 1,5 - 2 hours sailing time ... yarwn, i better go running hostility missions - is boring to, but not as boring traveling ... 

4 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

I am also think that it needs ships out of the sea ... - thats why i want to tow my ships somewhere to use them there, but becouse the long traveltime i don't. For example - Somewhere in the behamas to MT - at least 30 - 40 minute traveltime if u dont us tow to port and sail from atwood. Than its at least 15 - 20 minutes if no rus or brits are interfearing. MT - somewhere near Cartagena ... 1,5 - 2 hours sailing time ... yarwn, i better go running hostility missions - is boring to, but not as boring traveling ... 

10 to 20 minutes sail time, yeah not a big deal.... over that, it's boring. To maximize chance of pvp you need ships at every free port. Limited dock slots mean you can't keep more than 1 at most 2 at these ports. Most free ports are an hour plus from capitals, some almost 3 hours. I have NEVER run into someone deploying a new ship to a combat area. Something needs to give here. We either need multiple durabilities, multiple tow with repairs, and expanded dock slots. @admin

4 minutes ago, Malachy said:

10 to 20 minutes sail time, yeah not a big deal.... over that, it's boring. To maximize chance of pvp you need ships at every free port. Limited dock slots mean you can't keep more than 1 at most 2 at these ports. Most free ports are an hour plus from capitals, some almost 3 hours. I have NEVER run into someone deploying a new ship to a combat area. Something needs to give here. We either need multiple durabilities, multiple tow with repairs, and expanded dock slots. @admin

At least you see the whole picture while many keep ignoring it for months. These suggestions repeat itself over and over again. Fact is Developers only start paying attention when game is in critical condition. 

Edited by George Washington

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

The objective was more PvP. Putting ships in the water isnt doing much when those arent interested in PvP and at the same time able to avoid it.

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Alas 5 duras and full ship captures from the AI.

Thats 5 times more efficient ship transport... 

Who knows, maybe it would have been 3k per server with towing. People got started back then while progress was much slower. Inflation, managing multiple ships and transport of large low durability ships were no issues. 

4 minutes ago, Malachy said:

To maximize chance of pvp you need ships at every free port.

This game is not about maximising chances to PvP. If NA would work you wouldnt even be able to maintain so many ships that easily. And if they dont fix economy it wont matter how much dockspace and towing you get, because nothing is going to improve. 

To maximise chances for PvP a matchmaking system is the ultimate solution. I still dont understand youre problem with NAL. Getting in a cerb takes ~10 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

The objective was more PvP. Putting ships in the water isnt doing much when those arent interested in PvP and at the same time able to avoid it.

Thats 5 times more efficient ship transport... 

Who knows, maybe it would have been 3k per server with towing. People got started back then while progress was much slower. Inflation, managing multiple ships and transport of large low durability ships were no issues. 

This game is not about maximising chances to PvP. If NA would work you wouldnt even be able to maintain so many ships that easily. And if they dont fix economy it wont matter how much dockspace and towing you get, because nothing is going to improve. 

To maximise chances for PvP a matchmaking system is the ultimate solution. I still dont understand youre problem with NAL. Getting in a cerb takes ~10 hours.

That's 10 hours of pointless grind. And anything smaller than a regular frigate is pointless and boring. I want the hunt and the tag.  I want my skill to be matched against another player on the open world prior to the actual tag. I want naval action to be like it used to be: log in, sail a few minutes, engage in fun pvp battles all night, sometimes against the same folks several times in a row. That's how the game was back a year or so ago. Now, it's log in, find a single battle in an hour or two, if you are unlucky, spend the next 2 to 3 hours getting a ship back to the pvp warm spot. I don't get to fight multiple battles against skilled opponents because maintaining pvp ships in outposts has become such a chore. One side or the other has to spend hours deploying new ships no matter who wins the battle, both sides lose.

Naval action requires a much more intelligent player to be successful. NAL is nearly as cookie cutter as the boarding mini game. If I wanted to play an arena battle game, I would play mechwarrior online. It's much better developed, is a lot more fun than legends. 

Edited by Malachy