Game-Labs Forum

Double OW Speed - no players in sight

11 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

Simple: While there are no Player controlled ships in sight (draw distance) your OW speed is doubled.

As soon someone pops in range the speed is reduced to standard value, with a bell ring?

And i don't care that it will cause AI to be slower, you would catch it anyway.

Great idea! it will make OW sailing less time sinking and u will find PvP faster.

11 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

Simple: While there are no Player controlled ships in sight (draw distance) your OW speed is doubled.

As soon someone pops in range the speed is reduced to standard value, with a bell ring?

The amount of content in this game does not match it's open world size. I requested speed increase, but we see no progress. I don't think they can program complex stuff you suggest. 

For 20 minutes of sailing you on average will see 2 npcs

For 2 hours of hunting if lucky you  will see 1 decent target.

That's about it for content in this game. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Right now... yeah... that is sadly true.

In 10.x no... interception enemy shipping was a daily feast. After all trade had to be ran. Ships had to be sailed.

All good. Apparently some types of "age of sail" occupations are not welcome given they disrupt too much, hence we are in a new patch, in a new world. No more trade route to plunder. No more 1st rates to kill before they are born, still resting inside the indiamans as materials. All for the comfort and safety and no-loss mechanics :)

All good. Myself had to return to old times and "re learn" how to act Navy office in big ships other than playing act like a proper sea rover type.

Best age of sail game until GL makes another one.

13 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

No

• Like 1

I'd like to see a 30%-ish increase to OW speeds, AND a 30% reduction in penalty when sailing into the wind. As things are it got the to the point where if the wind was against me in an Aggie or Bellona I would just say "hello kitty it" and afk in port for 15 minutes until the wind changed.

Scaling speeds won't increase player interactions.. You'd be going faster from point A to point B but then so would everyone else i.e. decrease the time spent in OW going from A to B - less chance of any interceptions.. 

On 12/4/2017 at 2:13 AM, CTC_ClanLeader said:

Mhhh, complain about to few ppl for pvp and now complain about to many ppl for pvp ... confused.

Never seen me complain about to few people in PVP... My issue is that in a real battle your scouts would see new ships arriving LONG before the game lets you.. so you could plan for  it or maneuver to deal with it..  I just am not a fan of the "oh a battle I will TP and undock and sail out and get in" that is what Legends is for..