Game-Labs Forum

Best Way to Screencapture UG:CW?

vren55

So since I like playing UG:CW, I wanted to try a Major General Campaign, and then post it on Youtube b/c hell, I'm going to be playing it anyway.

The issue is... I can't seem to make the screen capture thing work. Especially with OBS which captures the sound... but not the screen oddly enough. What do you guys use?

16 minutes ago, vren55 said:

Especially with OBS which captures the sound... but not the screen oddly enough.

You probably set your OBS to capture the background / desktop or whatever, and not the game - You need to make a new source and then select "capture a certain window", and choose the desired one

I'm sure there are some good tutorials out there if needed

I use Nvidia Shadowplay (Comes with Nvidia GPU's). Works perfectly and doesn't seem to take any noticeable performance when recording. 

Before that i've used Fraps, that was like 5 years ago though so i don't know if its still the same. It was the simplest recording software i ever saw, and again it didn't seem to take any noticeable performance when recording. 

3 hours ago, vren55 said:

So since I like playing UG:CW, I wanted to try a Major General Campaign, and then post it on Youtube b/c hell, I'm going to be playing it anyway.

The issue is... I can't seem to make the screen capture thing work. Especially with OBS which captures the sound... but not the screen oddly enough. What do you guys use?

I use Shadowplay for capturing UGCW. I use OBS for other things, though, and I can't think of why it wouldn't work (put it on Monitor Capture if you have to).

11 hours ago, Liq said:

You probably set your OBS to capture the background / desktop or whatever, and not the game - You need to make a new source and then select "capture a certain window", and choose the desired one

8 hours ago, Hitorishizuka said:

I use Shadowplay for capturing UGCW. I use OBS for other things, though, and I can't think of why it wouldn't work (put it on Monitor Capture if you have to).

That's what I don't get, I put it on Game Capture and selected UGCW application. But all I got was the volume and then just a black screen :P

I'll try Nvidia shadowplay

On 12/1/2017 at 10:30 AM, TommyShelby said:

I use Nvidia Shadowplay (Comes with Nvidia GPU's). Works perfectly and doesn't seem to take any noticeable performance when recording. 

On 12/1/2017 at 1:22 PM, Hitorishizuka said:

Speaking of using shadowplay... i don't know how you can do this b/c UG:CW isn't a supported game and Shadowplay refuses to capture unsupported games :P

4 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

You just set Shadowplay to record Desktop ;) (Thats how i do it with Naval Action because it isn't supported either ^^) 

Welp nvm, might be b/c the 960M version doesn't have desktop capture due to me having laptop