Game-Labs Forum

probable solution for the reinforcement fleets

hi captains and devs

at the moment we have some largely protected zones for the protected area

what gives the pvp players a bit of a headache [the compromise]

to make the gameplay for those players more dynamic  

i suggest that when the reinforcement fleet is in battle, the protected area has no fleet available when there is an attack on a player  in that area 

what means if the reinforcement fleet is drawn in battle the enemy in that area can attack a captain in that area, and the enemy has no defending fleet in battle 

but when the fleet is available again the fleet joins that battle

the scenario will be,

that when the enemy is  attacking a big protection fleet in the protecting area it has no protecting fleet in the  protected area for that moment

the br for the attacking fleet must be at least 50% of the total protecting fleet br, to draw that protection fleet in battle in the first place

- the fleet bots have the mechanics of the event bots

- the battle instance is like in a hostility battles were  the bots spawn close by

- when the battle is over, the reinforcement fleet comes available directly again, for any battle, if an enemy had made an attack on a player

- when a protection fleet is in battle other new fights don't have the protection fleet during the battle of the protection fleet but comes active when the fight is over

at the moment protecting fleets are sailing in ow between ports 

when a fleet is in the protected area of a port it gives protection for that area , if it sails out that ports aria is not covering that ports aria anymore but gives protection to the other port, where it is sailing to

the players of the defended nation can see the protection message, but, the attacking nation cannot see the protected message if there is a protection fleet in that aria active

- traders will always have the protection fleet available (but not with a normal warship and a trader in the fleet [avoiding exploit, only main ships count for access for help] )

- abuse of alt: players only see if they are in a protected zone, they do not see (no one sees it )if the protecting fleet is available

when going into PVP battle with an enemy they will be notified if there is a fleet available (and  when they are available the fleet spawn like in hostility battles)

-fleets can be spotted by enemies  with the normal sight view 

to address in balance - smaller reinforcement area for close by ports.    (distance between each other) there must be a small gap between ports when ports are close together 

Edited by Thonys

14 hours ago, Archaos said:

Problem is it is too easily gamed by people using alts to set up fake battles and keep the reinforcement fleet tied up for full battle time while they raid rest of area.

11 hours ago, Lz3 said:

Indeed. ^^

the solution for this is also found in the post :

the br for the attacking fleet must be at least 50% of the total protecting fleet br, to draw that protection fleet in battle in the first place

- the fleet bots have the mechanics of the event bots

- the battle instance is like in a hostility battles were  the bots spawn close by

- when the battle is over, the reinforcement fleet comes available directly again, for any battle, if an enemy had made an attack on a player

i believe they will only do this once and never again (if they are smart captains)normal  fleet is 6850 br what meens they have to put in a diversion fleet of 3425 br 

(you will have some losses i think :) )

also alt will never go away because the developers invented them in this game in the first place

also spies are everywhere, alts are everywhere but it seems it is not used very often as well...

also i have never heard and never seen enemies attacking a home fleet also

so i dont see your problem as a major issue for easily gamed by people

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, Lz3 said:

But that means that the fleet will not reinforce smaller ships (newbies) and single ships for which it is meant for? I am confused

there are more fleets available 

and when a battle is over they will join the newbie battle

in the post it is mentioned ^^

what means if the reinforcement fleet is drawn in battle the enemy in that area can attack a captain in that area, and the enemy has no defending fleet in battle 

35 minutes ago, Thonys said:

there are more fleets available 

and when a battle is over they will join the newbie battle

in the post it is mentioned ^^

Sorry, maybe I am missing something, but if a player in a trader brig gets attacked inside the safe zone then the defenders BR is 10 the attackers BR is lets say that of a surprise, from what you say the attacker does not have anywhere near 3425 BR so does that mean that the player in the trader brig cannot call in reinforcements? Please correct me if I am wrong, but that means that only fleets of ships facing other fleets would have protection.

If the trader in this instance can call in reinforcements then it means that the attackers can use alts to tie up the reinforcement fleet.

Its alright saying that alts are a thing and cannot be removed from the game, but if a mechanic is brought in that can be easily abused by alts then you just make the alts situation worse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Archaos said:

Sorry, maybe I am missing something, but if a player in a trader brig gets attacked inside the safe zone then the defenders BR is 10 the attackers BR is lets say that of a surprise, from what you say the attacker does not have anywhere near 3425 BR so does that mean that the player in the trader brig cannot call in reinforcements? Please correct me if I am wrong, but that means that only fleets of ships facing other fleets would have protection.

If the trader in this instance can call in reinforcements then it means that the attackers can use alts to tie up the reinforcement fleet.

Its alright saying that alts are a thing and cannot be removed from the game, but if a mechanic is brought in that can be easily abused by alts then you just make the alts situation worse.

first of all , a alt  who attacks a enemy of the other  nation will not get reinforcement (so that is settled[as it is allready])

but if a player in a trader brig gets attacked inside the safe zone"  and that is by a(1) enemy in the reinforcement zone >>  he will get his fleet protection ....that has nothing to do with br 

but if a enemy attacks a reinforcement FLEET the br of the FLEET is counting ,and he needs at least 50  % BR of the total to attack a reinforcement fleet and that is about 3425 br what he has to bring in  to distract the reinforcement fleet from helping a lone  trader 

lets say the attack is a (1)enemy  wasa then he can not attack  the reinforcement fleet (250br) 

he can attack the trader , but the reinforcement fleet joins battle  >> because he is attacked by the wasa (the trader can call in reinforcements help)

a alt of enemy (to distract RFleet) in the reinforcement zone need to bring in 3425 br and i believe the one trader is not worth the loss of that amount of ships (14wasa) (or brains are missing)

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

first of all , a alt  who attacks a enemy of the other  nation will not get reinforcement (so that is settled[as it is allready])

but if a player in a trader brig gets attacked inside the safe zone"  and that is by a(1) enemy in the reinforcement zone >>  he will get his fleet protection ....that has nothing to do with br 

but if a enemy attacks a reinforcement FLEET the br of the FLEET is counting ,and he needs at least 50  % BR of the total to attack a reinforcement fleet and that is about 3425 br what he has to bring in  to distract the reinforcement fleet from helping a lone  trader 

lets say the attack is a (1)enemy  wasa then he can not attack  the reinforcement fleet (250br) 

he can attack the trader , but the reinforcement fleet joins battle  >> because he is attacked by the wasa (the trader can call in reinforcements help)

a alt of enemy (to distract RFleet) in the reinforcement zone need to bring in 3425 br and i believe the one trader is not worth the loss of that amount of ships (14wasa) (or brains are missing)

I think you misunderstand the alt abuse I am referring to. What I am saying is that they would use 2 alts or one alt and a friend. The alt is in the nation that has the safe zone and he goes out in a trader, he gets attacked by the other alt or raiders friend and then calls reinforcements, the friend or second alt then kites the reinforcements for the full battle time keeping them tied up while the raider operates freely inside the safe zone. It becomes so safe they even know when the reinforcements will become available again.

12 hours ago, Archaos said:

I think you misunderstand the alt abuse I am referring to. What I am saying is that they would use 2 alts or one alt and a friend. The alt is in the nation that has the safe zone and he goes out in a trader, he gets attacked by the other alt or raiders friend and then calls reinforcements, the friend or second alt then kites the reinforcements for the full battle time keeping them tied up while the raider operates freely inside the safe zone. It becomes so safe they even know when the reinforcements will become available again.

when reinforcement are called in in the save zone

like i said:

- the fleet bots have the mechanics of the event bots

- the battle instance is like in a hostility battles were  the bots spawn close by

the use of that mechanic is devastating to the enemy

after a few minutes the R fleet comes available again, and spawn in the battle of the lone trader even after a couple of minutes

you know like i said before:

-the alts are there.

-it is not used very often 

-its a valid play it seems to use alts

if we keep it like it is now, that is not going to change the use of alts , like you said in this example 

but if we do it like this (proposal),  the use of alts become obsolete gameplay and stupid gameplay

that is also,  why there are also more R fleets in the zones sailing around( a big one and one or two smaller ones)

Edited by Thonys