Game-Labs Forum
JobaSet

Please Let us know the Level/Ranking system Works for Officers

I Had to Bail for 3 days because of death in Family.  So I didn't get to post this Sunday.  This is more about Officers than anything else...... How in the HELL do you get more.

I got Captain when I got into the Trincomalee and could use 3 officers,  This seems reasonable to me BUT.

Right now I am sitting in a Santisima as a Captain.  and can only use 3 officers, This can not be right.  Something Has to be broke. 

Edited by JobaSet

3 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you're not letting a mere game distract you from the things truly important in life.

HEHE You can not make this crap up,  My Great Great Uncle Died last week at the age of 107 years young.  In Fla at his beach condo,  in a Chair at the pool with his bathing suit on (speedo) with a beer in his right Hand.  Looks like he just fell asleep in the lounge chair and just didn't wake up.  So he had a good life.  

• Like 7

Good gene's there Joba, sorry for your loss matey and on topic some knowledge of how officers accrue for different ships, their max level and moving them about would be great

At least we now know that getting to santi is still captain level overall grind ;) Anyone further up than Joba?

It seems like the rank and officer grind is the true long term grind, but I don't know if that takes longer than maxing the last upgrade slot on an individual ship? Has anyone done that, yet?

3 minutes ago, jodgi said:

At least we now know that getting to santi is still captain level overall grind ;) Anyone further up than Joba?

It seems like the rank and officer grind is the true long term grind, but I don't know if that takes longer than maxing the last upgrade slot on an individual ship? Has anyone done that, yet?

Ive had the 5th slot on cerb (29k ish xp on it) and mercury for a while now (mainly using those two at the moment to fight actual players, even though Id prefer playing frigates) and officer seems to take a lot longer. 3 officer slots so far for me.

• Like 1

I've also gotten the 5th slot (on my Navy Brig). I have two officers (only one slot though), one is level 3 and one is level 2, and the second one I just transferred from my Mercury to my newly acquired Snow; which cost me 25k (transferring the level 3 officer costs 35k).

Officers limit grows with your overall rank
Overall rank grows while you gain xp (cumulative from any ships)
You can even get max rank without progressing to bigger ships by just playing a cutter (but of course bigger ship makes it a bit faster due to more xp)

19 minutes ago, admin said:

Officers limit grows with your overall rank
Overall rank grows while you gain xp (cumulative from any ships)
You can even get max rank without progressing to bigger ships by just playing a cutter (but of course bigger ship makes it a bit faster due to more xp)

This all seems pretty obvious, but thanks none the less.

What's the max level for officers?

5 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Good gene's there Joba, sorry for your loss matey and on topic some knowledge of how officers accrue for different ships, their max level and moving them about would be great

55 minutes ago, Niels Terkildsen said:

This all seems pretty obvious, but thanks none the less.

What's the max level for officers?

I know this info as of now:

LVL 7 is max rank for an officer and more than 70k but less than 78k to get it. and you can move them I have already on some, cost some coin depending on lvl and how far away ship is compared to ship leaving.

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 2

we need to update the officer description to show current xp in addition to his level. It would be more usable then

(number of officers depends on purely on rank). Max rank gives you 5 officers

Also would be nice to have more than 40 people playing and less than 3 tries in order to start the game "sorry something went wrong try again" after 5 min waiting. @adminI think you went overboard when you allowed frigates in Brig battles. Unrated ships should never have frigate in their battle. Snow - Cerberus is unacceptable. Snow - Snow is. 

Looks like everyone is leaving NA or something. I am the only one in ma clan for the past week. Only 1-2 member logins. Very unusual compared to 13 people online almost every day.  

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Capture.PNG.d117646a6bfb57ec44678395b100518f.PNG

62560 to get captain but i have a total of 584,106 earned now.

Will be out of pocket until after 3 today got to many Students to see today.  Hope this helps

Edited by JobaSet
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, admin said:

we need to update the officer description to show current xp in addition to his level. It would be more usable then

(number of officers depends on purely on rank). Max rank gives you 5 officers

Thing is I have earned more than 500k more XP since my last officer

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

here a live link for xp earned i will try and keep it up dated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sDlG73S4OUEyPtDOAUSfUWZR250V0oBr6hkK_DVaoYM/edit?usp=sharing

The thing is research prices significantly changed a few patches ago, you're using the new ones for all ships, including ones you researched with old prices.

1 minute ago, slik said:

The thing is research prices significantly changed a few patches ago, you're using the new ones for all ships, including ones you researched with old prices.

Also have a lot of xp that was burned buying upgrade slots up to and around the Trinc. That will off set the bump in cost for Ships as most ships I had 2 or 3 slots i paid xp for. 

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Also have a lot of xp that was burned buying upgrade slots up to and around the Trinc. That will off set the bump in cost for Ships as most ships I had 2 or 3 slots i paid xp for. 

XP that you spend doesn't affect your Rank XP, only earning affects

Just now, slik said:

That is what I am Saying. 

Example......I earned 6000 xp on boat xzy, but I spent 1000 xp on slot 1, and 1500 on slot 2, then I bought the the boat for x(1500) amount.  The boat only cost 1500 but I really spent 3000xp on boat and only have 1000 left.  That more and makes up for the bump in prices that was added. by a huge factor

So if anything my Xp amounts earned are on the low side.  Still Captain looks to be about 60k is needed, but then I have earn another 500k and Still have no new rank/officer. 

2 hours ago, slik said:

Soon as I hit 600k earned xp from adding up all XP, I became Flag officer.
So looks like 60kish for Captain and 10x that will get next rank. at 600k

3 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Example......I earned 6000 xp on boat xzy, but I spent 1000 xp on slot 1, and 1500 on slot 2, then I bought the the boat for x(1500) amount.  The boat only cost 1500 but I really spent 3000xp on boat and only have 1000 left.  That more and makes up for the bump in prices that was added. by a huge factor

In example given, you earned 6000XP. If you didn't spent nothing, you also have earned 6000XP. This is what Silk said - it doesn't matter how much XP you spent, only how much you've earned.

15 minutes ago, Galileus said:

In example given, you earned 6000XP. If you didn't spent nothing, you also have earned 6000XP. This is what Silk said - it doesn't matter how much XP you spent, only how much you've earned.

Please Stop mate you are a troll and think you know everything, I have been testing this for weeks and Weeks.  They Change some things you have no clue about, and it Directly effect me and like 20 others, This is a Convo of  me and Slik are in. So please See your self out of it. Thanks

Edited by JobaSet

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

Please Stop mate you are a troll and think you know everything, I have been testing this for weeks and Weeks.  They Change some things you have no clue about, and it Directly effect me and like 20 others, This is a Convo of  me and Slik are in. So please See your self out of it. Thanks

Uhm... what? o_O

Chill out mate... like, seriously... You are on public forums, go private if you have problems with... whatever it is you are having problems with. Would be glad if you didn't try to work them out on me, though.

Edited by Galileus