Game-Labs Forum

Bring back multiple durability

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Well if you turn them to books there is no need to search for them if you found one. This will eventually kill Fleet content. Everyone will learn these books and there will be no need to grind anymore, so we need something in between. Lives on mods work as they prolong their use and give you time to reacquire them. 

Endgame content should be pvp and not the search for mods....

• Like 6

My suggestion,

1) allow the ability to chose duras on crafting, more duras more expensive to craft.  That way those that like the 1 dur realism can still have it.

2) Get rid of mods or go back to the original mods and make them skill books so you don't need to find the mods all over again upon sinking a 1 dur ship.  It was nice when there were few mods. For speed you had copper plating and speed trim (with a penalty to turn).  For gunnery there was open magazine access (with a chance of fire) and I forgot the other one. Too many mods. 

• Like 1

In my book the old system with mulit-duras worked great. You cared more about the expensive ships like 1st rates as you had only one dura of those. Now you cannot afford to go into a battle and loose. Hence players drop out. 

Two things could rescue this game:

1) cheaper ships (multi-duras). A ship lost is the same as dying in a FPS game. Here the respawn takes a week or more. How fun is that?

2) Easier acces to battles. Battles should be easy to get into. Wanting to fight is not the same as being a casual. I dont mind the fight being realistic and long but not to find any battles after a log in is simply not good enough. Make the battles open for long duarations of time. Gamey as it seems it worked pretty well in old days. 

3) Ship building should be made so single players can do the whole stuff themselves within a reasonable time. Now its too hard and takes too long.

25 minutes ago, rediii said:

Multidurasystem has not a single benefit.

cheaper ships > multiple duras

Ships are not even the problem. Mods and Refits are even more expensive. This is because the ressources needed for them are in limited supply by the ports, not player-produced. If rare woods / refit ressources would be produced by a supply-demand-system with flexible prices (and flexible supply), we would have cheaper ships (and modules) and no rage-quit was needed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

My suggestion,

1) allow the ability to chose duras on crafting, more duras more expensive to craft.  That way those that like the 1 dur realism can still have it.

2) Get rid of mods or go back to the original mods and make them skill books so you don't need to find the mods all over again upon sinking a 1 dur ship.  It was nice when there were few mods. For speed you had copper plating and speed trim (with a penalty to turn).  For gunnery there was open magazine access (with a chance of fire) and I forgot the other one. Too many mods. 

We need few things done to mods:

Permanent mods - Increase drop rate from fleets by 50% and fill the market with rare mods. If I get 2-4 mods per ship I will list the rest on the market and make other player life easier. Proper design of every MMO.  

General Mods - Once found and used they will stay with you forever. Once used them can't sell. If you did not use the mod you can list it on the market. 

Keep everything else as it is. 

2nd option add quality to mods. The better the quality the more lives it has. Mastercraft - 3 Lives, Uncommon - 2, Basic -1.

Basic mod drop rate per ship 100%

Uncommon Mod 70%

Mastercraft 25%

Edited by George Washington

6 minutes ago, George Washington said:

We need few things done to mods:

Permanent mods - Increase drop rate from fleets by 50% and fill the market with rare mods.

General Mods - Once found they will stay with you forever. Once used them can't sell. If you did not use the mod you can list it on the market. 

Keep everything else as it is. 

2nd option add quality to mods. The better the quality the more lives it has. Mastercraft - 3 Lives, Uncomon - 2, Basic -1.

Personally, I hate mods. I hate the PVE and don't want to grind PVE just to be able to be competitive in PVP (outside of ganks). Play Legends? I enjoy the strategy up to the fight as much as the fight, running from gank squads, hunting in the open world, trying to get the best wind and great tag, everything that can be unexpected or go wrong. Not the Team A here, Team B here, boom... fight. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Personally, I hate mods. I hate the PVE and don't want to grind PVE just to be able to be competitive in PVP (outside of ganks). Play Legends? I enjoy the strategy up to the fight as much as the fight, running from gank squads, hunting in the open world, trying to get the best wind and great tag, everything that can be unexpected or go wrong. Not the Team A here, Team B here, boom... fight. 

Then you should not be playing MMO game. PvE content is the Core here. Go Legends or go look for Simulator game. Do you understand that soon you will be the last group of players in this game. Numbers fall and don't go up.

November 5        1000+ Players

November 26      850+ Players

We are down 150+ players in just 3.5 weeks

2 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

POTBS also has mission variety and collectible junk, not needed for PVP. 

Really? Bringing junk to right merchant will gift you with sweet pvp drinks that have nice boost to every spec. Not many know about it. So, useless junk is not so useless after all is it?

Missions have same mod drop rate as OS fleets. No difference what you do. 

I like sims and history. Did skim a few MMOs and wouldn't consider WW2OL a mmo even :), more like a persistent arena wargame, but project entropia was one of my majors, nowadays changed name, and I have as much fun in Arma as in Elite Dangerous as in NA ( maybe more in NA tbh ). 

NA brings the sim, the historical, the self made rp and the mmo into one package. PvP is a facet of the accumulation of it all.

God no! Seriously.  The beauty of NA was that mods were once not needed to succeed in PVP, unlike in POTBS. In POTBS you could also do missions for avatar costumes.  Why not collections for sail patterns? We already have rare fish.  Why not have a fish collection you can trade for a title?  Why does there have to be the grind to get mods so only those that have hours and enjoy the grind can be competitive? There are other possibilities to grind for, sail patterns, titles, rare trade goods (etc). 

Edit, my first line was in reply to George Washington. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Then you should not be playing MMO game. PvE content is the Core here. Go Legends or go look for Simulator game. Do you understand that soon you will be the last group of players in this game. Numbers fall and don't go up.

November 5        1000+ Players

November 26      850+ Players

We are down 150+ players in just 3.5 weeks

I agree there needs to be more PVE variety: daily patrols, exploration missions, blockade running..., but don't make necessary mods the goal of PVE. For those that like grind, as I posted above, there are other things that you could grind for. 

Off topic, in POTBS I'm still working to get the jury rigged barrel.  Will I ever PVP in it, no chance.  But it is still something to work for. 

• Like 1

Multiple durabilities again? No thank you!

Clearly the modules are much more valuable and hard to get than the ships. I think an easy solution to this problem would be:

Limit the max amount of bonus you can stack for each modifier (e.g. max 3 or 4% speed increase with mods).

This would make it possible to reach the same values using two or three cheap modules, as when you're using one expensive/rare one: i.e. you don't have to search for ages to get modules that enable you to be competitive in PvP, and we won't see completely ridiculous module stacking.

EDIT: See also this for other similar suggestions that may work.

Edited by Niels Terkildsen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niels Terkildsen said:

Multiple durabilities again? No thank you!

Clearly the modules are much more valuable and hard to get than the ships. I think an easy solution to this problem would be:

Limit the max amount of bonus you can stack for each modifier (e.g. max 3 or 4% speed increase with mods).

This would make it possible to reach the same values using two or three cheap modules, as when you're using one expensive/rare one: i.e. you don't have to search for ages to get modules that enable you to be competitive in PvP, and we won't see completely ridiculous module stacking.

There are no so called cheap modules. Anything worth using costs 1 mil plus.