Game-Labs Forum

Bring back multiple durability

We've tested it as nausea, it's simply a chore to have to rebuild and refit every time you sink. From personal experience, I have a ship in every free port. If I lose one, I have to go back to Mortimer, rebuild a ship, find mods, install them and sail them all the way back. Back when we had multiple durability, I could be back in action pretty quick and having fun again. Now, though it's not hard to rebuild, it's a time sink that I don't have time for, so if I lose a ship I'm done for the day. Single durability has significantly reduced the number of battles a player can participate in. I'm all for realism but not at the expense of fun. 

Bring back multiple durability. Let the ship builder decide how many a ship gets and for every extra pint it takes double the resources for a single point. These multi durability ships would be more expensive, but would stimulate the economy and be a larger gold sink for players who just want to fight and not spend their days in tedious monotony.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

No offense, but as more topics u open as more i think u should only playing NA Legends. 

If legends becomes half the game MWO is, I may. But it's broken as f*** now and has been for a long time.

Edited by Malachy

I agree with Malachy, Admin posted: 

Вчерашний же пример - опытный игрок утонул в неравном бою - и хлопнул дверью свалив из одного из самых активных пвп кланов на стриме. 

Yesterday's example - an experienced player sunk in an uneven battle - slammed the door and left the game. He was from one of the most active pvp clans on stream.

From this we can clearly tell that Developers loosing even their most devoted population because of 1 dura ships and difficulty to restore mods that were grinded for weeks. 

What we can do about this:

1. Allow durability stacking up to 3 lives. Buy/Build 3 ships and combine them. (Add warning when about to go on the OS - Warning! You are about to sail using your last durability. Sinking with last durability will destroy all mods). Easy.

2. Introduce lives to mods. 3/3 (3rd dura) --> 2/3 (2nd dura) --> 1/3(loose all) or Sinking in last Durability ship will destroy all mods instantly. 

Edited by George Washington

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Multidurasystem has not a single benefit.

cheaper ships > multiple duras

How is spending two hours to get a ship back to the battle zone better than just sailing back and being back in the fight in 15 minutes? That's the refit time at tumbado. Short of having a shipyard in every free port and enough resources to build a ship in every port, 1 durability ships are merely a time sink that's not necessary.

only way 1 durability ships can be sustainable is if we had unlimited tows and could leave repairs in the hold.

Edited by Malachy
  • Like 1

Just now, CTC_ClanLeader said:

What about, having a second, third or even more ship rdy for action in ur dock? Dont sail what u cant effort to loose.

Dock space is a premium. You can't realistically do that. Best you can do is one ship per port. Two at a couple. I've got 16 dock slots too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Time required to start over and prepare everything is just not worth it. Especially if you lost all mods. 

... as i said, dont sail what u cant afford to loose. - wrong ship in the wrong location - its pvp server ;).

1 minute ago, Malachy said:

Dock space is a premium. You can't realistically do that. Best you can do is one ship per port. Two at a couple. I've got 16 dock slots too.

Maybe thats the real Problem, i always get at least 2 pvp rdy ships at hand.

Let's be realistic here, 1 dura feature alone is not working and it is killing the game slowly. @admin if you play Naval Action then you know what we are talking about and why we will not go back. Add what I mentioned above or introduce 3 dura frigates, 2 dura 2nd rates, 1 dura 1st rates. 

More and more Vets leaving your game because they are tired of all this work and grind if we get sunk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

Let's be realistic here, 1 dura feature alone is not working and it is killing the game slowly. @admin add what I mentioned above or introduce 3 dura frigates, 2 dura 2nd rates, 1 dura 1st rates. 

we had that. lets try out no mods ;-) that would be new

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

... as i said, dont sail what u cant afford to loose. - wrong ship in the wrong location - its pvp server ;).

Maybe thats the real Problem, i always get at least 2 pvp rdy ships at hand.

Unlimited dock slots would work. Two ships per free port isn't enough. Usually I've got a heavier and a lighter one and need the same type I lost to fit with my group. It's not the funds that are the problem but making the ship and getting back to the action in a timely manner. Preferably before everyone logs off.

Edited by Malachy

13 minutes ago, George Washington said:

I agree with Malachy, Admin posted: 

Вчерашний же пример - опытный игрок утонул в неравном бою - и хлопнул дверью свалив из одного из самых активных пвп кланов на стриме. 

Yesterday's example - an experienced player sunk in an uneven battle - slammed the door and left the game. He was from one of the most active pvp clans on stream.

From this we can clearly tell that Developers loosing even their most devoted population because of 1 dura ships and difficulty to restore mods that were grinded for weeks. 

from this we can clearly tell that PvPers are carebears.

• Like 3

Just now, George Washington said:

We have no content and you want to remove even more content from this game? lol ok good luck. It's already boring as it is. 

thats no content. Its a fake feature making us rage quit while we lose the ship. Lets be honest we are not mad about losing the ship. We are mad for losing all the time we spent looking and grinding for certain mods.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

thats no content. Its a fake feature making us rage quit while we lose the ship. Lets be honest we are not mad about losing the ship. We are mad for losing all the time we spent looking and grinding for certain mods.

Agree, that is why mods should have lives or if you want to be realistic their quality will slowly vanish as you sink. Basically when you sink mods will be transferred to your personal box. 

2 minutes ago, George Washington said:

What about your best mods? If you got ganked and lost it all will you go back to reacquire them again? 

I keep two of every mod on hand. Most are from pvp mark store anyhow. It's mainly getting the ship back to where it belongs

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

so either turn mods to books (what was by the way the intention of the introduction of books) or get rid of them.

Well if you turn them to books there is no need to search for them if you found one. This will eventually kill Fleet content. Everyone will learn these books and there will be no need to grind anymore, so we need something in between. Lives on mods work as they prolong their use and give you time to reacquire them.