Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Teambalancing

11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Aye. As always when a loss occurs :)

"Platoons" always shift power towards their side. Bots can as well with their extras.

They are single minded and aggressively suicidal. Some players are too cautious.

Funny thing is there is no loss in Legends. Ok there is maintenance fee, but nothing is lost. Some players still are afraid to fight and even run! :D Naval Action really messed them up. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Funny thing is there is no loss in Legends. Ok there is maintenance fee, but nothing is lost. Some players still are afraid to fight and even run! :D Naval Action really messed them up. 

In every arena game :) there will be runners, hiders, etc, can't do anything.

I do advise to share that - service for the ship has been payed in advance. It is the same all the time, whether you survive or sink. And also, there's no bonus for surviving nor penalty for sinking AFAIK, so... FIGHT!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rediii said:

I think the ships in NAL are very limited for 2 reasons:

- space for premiumships

- not all ships present in the free 2 play game as encouragement to buy and try NA

Question:

On 20.11.2017 at 8:33 PM, NielsVisser said:

will All ships be in legends now?

Answer:

On 21.11.2017 at 10:19 AM, admin said:

eventually yes
Tournaments, Challenges, Events will provide in game gold that you can spend on more rarer and unique ships, upgrades and officers. 

In my opinion it's the right decision to bring all the ships into Legends. While I personally play Legends mostly because I think the battles are fun, ship progression is probably the main motivation for a huge amount of players. As a result Legends presumably profits by a large ship lineup more than the open world does. In the open world there's a preferred ship for each role and a lot of the remaining ones aren't used at all.

I'd also argue that exclusive ships for the open world wouldn't be that much of an incentive to actually play Naval Action OW. It's a choice you make based on what kind of gameplay you prefer. You either like the more complex open world or you don't. Some more ships to sail won't transform a pure arena player into an open world hunter. I'm not saying that there won't be new players that might get attracted by the open world after trying Legends, but I actually think the amount of players who like both games equally is quite limited. As far as I know that's one of the reasons we have an arena game now.

Back to topic: Reducing the group penalty is probably a good decision. At least this will allow new player groups to have some fun and maybe make them stay for a while. I'd still like to see a custom match option though. Battles without rewards but with parameters set by players. In the long run that would be a nice addition to provide an opportunity for organized group vs group fights.

18 hours ago, admin said:

Ok .

Agree with your comments: group strength buff will be severely nerfed (by 100%)

HOW ABOUT you do some stuff with moderation. and not kill this game like open world has been killed. instead of nerfing it by 100% how about by 50% and let people try that. 

On 11/27/2017 at 7:17 AM, vazco said:

When I think about it, balancing around XP that you get greatly simplifies for you the management of incentive that players get to progress. Both great players and poor players would feel the same incentive, based more on time they spend in game, less on their skills. I guess this is what you want to optimize - time everyone spends in the game.

No, just no. I have well over 650k xp atm.  But my reno, frig, and essex may have one or 2 slots. Just no

The balancer doesn't for the total uselessness of bots.

If you're going to be the lone player on a team, you damn well better have more BR.

Even worse, was when one team had 2 player frigates (+ brigs), and the second team had a single AI frigate. That matchup is just a bad joke.

• Like 1

Ah, I get it.

It will be like this in the foreseeable future. I would hate to watch you burn out over this.

I'd even play lopsided little 3v3, 2v2 and 1v1 rather than bots. Ok, so my top dog nbrig got thrown in with a top dog cerb. I'd prolly lose but would value the relative joy of pure PvP more than the pain of my slim chances of winning.

Other guys would prolly hate that with a rage quitting passion, tho.

(We could have BR corrected XP payouts to make people drool over the grinding potential of such "shitty" matchups?)

• Like 1

Yea, there is no need for AI, it worked fine in sea trials withou them.

There is no way to test teambalancing with AI in the mix.

Edited by scepo
  • Like 1

To the developer of this dumb balancer for people in groups. 

No other arena game has a system in place that punishes groups. Your dumb argument saying that people in organized groups are better than those who aren't is redundant when randoms can communicate with each other just as much as grouped players can. 

I don't understand your reasoning for it.

We're in mercurys getting put against Cerbs and renomees. with a team of 6th rate ships. 

get rid of it. it's not fun and it's not clever

5 minutes ago, Squaz said:

No other arena game has a system in place that punishes groups.

I think this is problematic too. I'd recommend limiting groups to three with very little to no "punishment".

8 minutes ago, Squaz said:

randoms can communicate with each other just as much as grouped players can. 

They can, but not nearly as effective as pre-grouped guys sitting in Discord or TS.

How big was your group?

2 minutes ago, Squaz said:

Did you take a screenshot of the team roster?

Did your team get Reno and cerb bot filler?

didn't get a screenshot. I've just come here to complain. 

However the last game we played as just as messed up

We had a snow 3 mercs and a navy brig.

They had 2 cerbs a navybrig and a brig. 

Any MM will struggle with low numbers like we have now before release.

1 minute ago, Squaz said:

I truly believe that the devs of this game are anti-fun people

Now, now... Trust me, they want to make it fair and as even as possible for groups and solo players. The "punishment" feature is there to help the solos and I support that motive.

589766db28529f600f4891e961ddc088.png

^This is completely unwinnable on the "confined" maps, the fort map isn't really confined but end up being in effect. Maybe if we went upwind and between the circles close enough to react to their possible cap rush? It would have been a waiting game.

4 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

we should try to test this ingame. @JobaSetand @jodgi we had a big enough group tonight. Build a 5 group and see what we get...

Not playing more tonight, sorry. If you guys do it, please share.

17 minutes ago, Squaz said:

However the last game we played as just as messed up

We had a snow 3 mercs and a navy brig.

They had 2 cerbs a navybrig and a brig. 

What were players, groups or AI filler?

@jodgi

The enemy player team if they grouped up would be interesting to see what they'd received. I'd guess 3 frigates and 2 reno's

Will try with players tomorrow when its slow. And replicate @Squaz if possible fleet etc 

• Like 1

WE did a group of 5 cerb(All 5 of us have 5 slots open) got 14, 9 unrated real players lowest was a brig 6 and 6 ai cerbs.  We didn't even sink anyone. I wont group any more.  Had a Good time this morn just going solo with about 5-10 player frigs never knew what you were going to get, but was some what even most of the time.