Game-Labs Forum

Its official , i am stopping with naval action again.

GreatTimo

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

circles are fine, for bigger battles, for small battles 1 circle is ok, to prevent kiting and running. Devs will try to balance it so circles are based on battle size.

I dont mean those cirkels , the base cirkels..

4 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

So you find it okey that everyone should be mean to eachother? This is the reason why this world will NEVER get good. People find it okey that people are mean to eachother. God , the ego is bigger the love itself. 

You can't just snap your fingers and make someone as you call it 'good'. This is the world we live in, people are like that and you better learn to deal with it without running to mommy everytime.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel

4 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

So you find it okey that everyone should be mean to eachother? This is the reason why this world will NEVER get good. People find it okey that people are mean to eachother. God , the ego is bigger the love itself. 

7 minutes ago, GreatTimo said:

Ofcourse. Netherlands. Loads of the netherlands are shit. Because of people like you... love hassent won. Your full of hate... full.

Hyprocrite. And btw, the netherlands are hello kittying amazing. People here are down to earth and very happy in general.
And you want to know why? Cuz we dont get hung up on silly insults or trolls, we laugh at it. You, my snowflake, just need to grow a thicker skin.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel

8 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

I just made a forum about the capping cirkel thing... then i went into another fight , and guess what? AdmiralWang (extremely racist , calling americans and europeans stupid) went for the cirkel in the first minute. It was boring as hell. This will continue to happen every fight. Then we have the people i fought against... AdmiralWang saying: china is number one , american are stupid , european are stupdi , round eyes are stupid. He is extremely racist. I am 100% done with this game. Naval Action legends could have really worked out. Like ... really good. But it wont happen. People like AdmiralWang spoil the game. Partly because of their attitude , partly because of the cirkels. What a dissapointment that this game wont become good. Loads of naval action players i have met in the past years , were amazing. And i will really miss them. This was a great community , with great people. They even made a other version for other players.. amazing. But this spoils it. Lets face facts.. naval action wont work out if this issent handled hard. Naval action has bin for a few years now in beta.. i have told my friends about the game , about the great community.. and even they.. who love games.. wont even try it. They did look at it though. If problems like these people/cirkels wont be solved... naval action is dead. Case closed. It would be really sad... cause i met some great people on here.

I cant post the screenshot sadly because its only allowed to be 1.85MB , mine is bigger it seems. 

Well... i am gonna miss most of you guys... i will keep looking on naval action legends and on the forums , if anything changes.. then ill come back... but yeh.... this is it. Bye :( 

This AdmiralWang is simply one ot the hundreds of douchebags that you will eventually meet in multiplayer games. Put him on ignore and that's it.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

I've been playing online games for decades.  Technically even before Ultima Online, but it was the first that drew a decent crowd.  I've Alpha/Beta tested a few.

One of the problems NA has is that the devs seem too be narrowly focused on appeasing hard core PvPer's.  Too often online games fall into this trap.  The hard core crowd are the vocal minority, so the smallest group of voices gets paid attention to the most and a much higher percentage of this group are jerks.

Some day someone will learn they need to create some servers that are, at their core PvE but has the option for players to voluntarily join PvP.  They never seem to learn that catering to this crowd is doomed to turn them into a niche game that eventually only appeals to a small group within that niche.

A couple options I think they should look at is create PvE servers where Pirates are flat flagged for PvP no matter what, but nations are not by default and you allow Clans to declare war on each other.  Hard core players who want a real challenge (and not to just gank/ruin others fun) can be Pirates and are always flagged.  People who don't want to PvP can stay out of it, and there would be PvP oriented clans that are capable of having open FRIENDLY PvP.  Maybe even go so far as have two divisions within a clan... the Navy and the Civilians (navy is flagged, civilians are not).

Edited by Bonham Rashleigh
correction

Ofcourse i do. This world is f*cked. Because of people. Good thing there are nice people out there , I miss those people though. People who understand that people are different. And people who understand that you just cant be mean to people for fun and thinking its just.. funny. Its called: Feeding on the ego. Would people just love more.. and it would be great.

1 minute ago, GreatTimo said:

Ofcourse i do. This world is f*cked. Because of people. Good thing there are nice people out there , I miss those people though. People who understand that people are different. And people who understand that you just cant be mean to people for fun and thinking its just.. funny. Its called: Feeding on the ego. Would people just love more.. and it would be great.

Mark Twain — 'The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

So... in a game designed primarily around killing people, that models some of the most brutal form of ranged combat in history... you're mad because people are mean?

I am not mad because people are mean. I am mad because this game issent playable wen someone goes first the cirkel in one minute. If this stays.. i pray to god no one will ever buy this game. On steam 66% of the users dont like naval action. That says enough. Mine is till now positive , gotta change that tomorrow.

1 hour ago, GreatTimo said:

I am not mad because people are mean. I am mad because this game issent playable wen someone goes first the cirkel in one minute. If this stays.. i pray to god no one will ever buy this game. On steam 66% of the users dont like naval action. That says enough. Mine is till now positive , gotta change that tomorrow.

A few different issues here  Timo, I’m going to give you some advice. I hope it doesn’t offend you — you sound like you might be a bit young

1. You posted in the section for Naval Action. I believe you are complaining about Naval Action Legends. You’ll get more notice from that player base and those developers by posting in the correct section.

2.  People can be mean, especially with the anonymity of the Internet. None of us deserve to be victims of hate speech though. Use whatever reporting mechanism exists in Naval Action Legends to report it. If there is currently no reporting mechanism for chat in Legends, submit a bug report. Do not engage these people in conversation. Their goal is to get in your head. Don’t let them.

3. It is very early in the development of Legends. And life is too short to let a mechanism that may be different in one week to get you mad. If that mechanism causes you to lose, provide feedback. (Constructive, polite feedback will get more attention). Then shrug off that loss.

Fair sails and good luck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

If you mean that capturing the cirkel in the first minutes , is a proper fight. I can tell you its not , its over in a few minutes.. and you get... what.. 10 xp? Sorry.. not fun. Allthough i do agree on the fact of the unspoken agreement. But there are some people who just wanna be mean to others... like AdmiralWang. Who says everyone is a piece of shit except for chinese.

As I recall the moderation rules it is not allowed to publicly shame/name someone for ingame offences. Wether the allegation is true or not this thread should be closed by a moderator who would hopefully take the matter up with the subject parties (seen as there is no report function in NAL yet I'd recommend a community guideline to take the matters of ingame chat-offenses to the tribunal). If by any chance this is unreadable I've been drinking myself into a stupor the past 14 hours so... stove the grammar nazis into the holds and sternrake them till they bleed!

14 hours ago, GreatTimo said:

Yet nothing is done by it? I wouldnt even care if someone ells stole this game and made it better , would just play that game. But its fine. This game wont work out. :)

What have you done? other than quitting that is... How would anyone - moderator or developer - do anything about it when yoou don't inform them? Why haven't you upheld your responsibility to the community?

Hello this is AdmiralWang, I am sorry for bad english.

I want to say that this person GreatTimo say very bad things about Chinese people.

Chinese people are good and nice people. I have good friends from game that are round eye people like KingofCrowns who seen this GreatTimo say very bad racist things. He say Chinese peoples stupid and do not know to build boats and call us yellow disease for planet. 

I want to be friends with all people like all nice people. My friend show me this message board to see GreatTimo say lies from me. He say lies against me and Chinese people. We just laugh at him for being so racist and say he is stupid after he say all this racist things like Chinese people stupid and Europese people superior in colony. 

I want to be friends and will not let game spoiled by one stupid racist Netherlands people. 

I want to say I like all most everyone and I will be playing the game for a long time to come. 

Edited by AdmiralWang

4 hours ago, AdmiralWang said:

I want to say that this person GreatTimo say very bad things about Chinese people.

Are you all chinese people? No, he's talking about you, and you only.

But hey, let's pile on if you want to make this about the Chinese in general.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/20/chinese-u20-football-team-stormed-football-match-germany-tibet/

Very easily offended.

The word "Chinese" is not once written in the first post. Your accusation is unfounded.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 26-11-2017 at 7:08 AM, AdmiralWang said:

Chinese people are good and nice people. I have good friends from game that are round eye people like KingofCrowns who seen this GreatTimo say very bad racist things. He say Chinese peoples stupid and do not know to build boats and call us yellow disease for planet. 

I want to be friends with all people like all nice people. My friend show me this message board to see GreatTimo say lies from me. He say lies against me and Chinese people. We just laugh at him for being so racist and say he is stupid after he say all this racist things like Chinese people stupid and Europese people superior in colony. 

I want to be friends and will not let game spoiled by one stupid racist Netherlands people. 

I want to say I like all most everyone and I will be playing the game for a long time to come. 

You are telling lies. I have made screenshots about what hapenned. And I never said anything like: yellow disease for planet. Personally, I love chinese people, they are overal hard workers, which I really like, and they are very funny. No hate against Chinese people. Yet you are one hell of an abomination. Once you started running for the cirkel (Which gives no xp) we asked you nicely if you please couldnt because it would make the game end and there would be no fun. Then you started saying mean things like: Haha, you stupid, you round eyes dont know how to build ships. And you said even more insulting matters. I have taken screenshot from this matter and posted it. Multiple people agreed that you were acting like a dick. So dont come with lies saying I was saying mean things to you and that I started, because I didnt. And you saying you like almost everyone, then why were you being so mean to everyone in that very chat? I dont wanna be mean to anyone at all personaly.. but you asked for it. And I wassent even mean. You were just insulting uss and then you say we dont no shit about ships. So i corrected you there. Even more lies: I never said things like: 

say he is stupid after he say all this racist things like Chinese people stupid and Europese people superior in colony. 

I have NEVER said these things. I have screenshots from what hapenned, and it shows that you were the one being violent. I really wish people like you werent on this planet. Saying bad things about others and spoiling the game, then lying about it. I really wish that everyone jus loved.. that would be amazing. I hope personally I will never see you again. I hope that you see your mistakes by now. And dont ever lie again AdmiralWang, because I am not very violent in that matter. But one day you will lie again like this to people who wont take it as easily as me. And getting hurt I wish to nobody. 

Have a nice day. 

On 26-11-2017 at 11:12 AM, Quineloe said:

Are you all chinese people? No, he's talking about you, and you only.

But hey, let's pile on if you want to make this about the Chinese in general.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/20/chinese-u20-football-team-stormed-football-match-germany-tibet/

Very easily offended.

The word "Chinese" is not once written in the first post. Your accusation is unfounded.

Hey buddy, thanks for standing up for me, as you say: I was only talking about him. I hope I will see you more in the game, people like you are amazing! :)